PDA

View Full Version : FlyWithCE V2.1 SUA

Ken Kochanski (KK)
June 13th 06, 01:41 PM
I'm trying to rev up CE v2 to show airspace for the CCSC meet.

I can load and see the CCSC TPs with no problem ... however, I can/t
get SUA to show up on the map. I am using the conus.txt open-air file
supplied by the TP exchange (thanks, John L.)

So, I only have two files identified for CE ... the CCSC TPS and ConUS
SUA ... I am in simulator mode ... I have gone to the airspace tab and
set all the airspace types to 'show'. I have also has the IPAQ hooked
to my flight computer, but getting GPS info does not seem to help
either, so I am cautiously assuming that being in simulation mode is
not the problem.

BTW, the airspace list seems to show all the airspace in the US
starting with SFC ... i.e. those furtherst away seem to be listed
first, although the distance field to all seems to be zero . Then,
depending on what I do (I change something but haven't yet been able to
isolate the causal change/sequence) the airspace list will show
nothing.

Feel free to send me suggestions ... related to the problem ... :-) ...
or even test files ... thx.

KK

jb92563
June 14th 06, 08:34 PM
Im facing a similar problem with XCsoar, although for some reason it is
not even accepting my SoCal.tpl file as input.

I think that in SIMULATION mode it puts your GPS location as some spot
that is not in the vicinity of your topo/map coverage area and hence
you see no airspace markings since you do not have airspace coverage
there in your uploads.

Try hooking up to your GPS and PDA in FLY mode and let it get a fix for
you within your map boundaries.

Im a GPS/PDA newbie so by no means is that a definitive answer....just
thought I'd relate my own experiences.

Ray

Ken Kochanski (KK) wrote:
> I'm trying to rev up CE v2 to show airspace for the CCSC meet.
>
> I can load and see the CCSC TPs with no problem ... however, I can/t
> get SUA to show up on the map. I am using the conus.txt open-air file
> supplied by the TP exchange (thanks, John L.)
>
> So, I only have two files identified for CE ... the CCSC TPS and ConUS
> SUA ... I am in simulator mode ... I have gone to the airspace tab and
> set all the airspace types to 'show'. I have also has the IPAQ hooked
> to my flight computer, but getting GPS info does not seem to help
> either, so I am cautiously assuming that being in simulation mode is
> not the problem.
>
> BTW, the airspace list seems to show all the airspace in the US
> starting with SFC ... i.e. those furtherst away seem to be listed
> first, although the distance field to all seems to be zero . Then,
> depending on what I do (I change something but haven't yet been able to
> isolate the causal change/sequence) the airspace list will show
> nothing.
>
> Feel free to send me suggestions ... related to the problem ... :-) ...
> or even test files ... thx.
>
> KK

Google