PDA

View Full Version : In and out of an aiport inside a fire fighting TFR?

navghtivs
June 19th 06, 06:03 PM
Since it is going to be a hot summer, I'd better prepare for it. The
regulation says:

FAR 91.137(c)
(c) When a NOTAM has been issued under paragraph (a)(2) of this
section, no person may operate an aircraft within the designated area
unless at least one of the following conditions are met:
(4) The operation is conducted directly to or from an airport within
the area, or is necessitated by the impracticability of VFR flight
above or around the area due to weather, or terrain; notification is
given to the Flight Service Station (FSS) or ATC facility specified in
the NOTAM to receive advisories concerning disaster relief aircraft
operations; and the operation does not hamper or endanger relief
activities and is not conducted for the purpose of observing the
disaster.

OK, so the question is, what shall I do if I do want to fly VFR
directly to or from such an airport inside a fire fighting TFR? For
example, with this NOTAM:

!FDC 6/9574 ZAB AZ.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION, 40 NW OF SHOWLOW, AZ.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION
91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 10
NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 343800N/1104100W OR THE WINSLOW /INW/ VORTAC
154 DEGREE RADIAL AT 26.2 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 9200 FEET MSL TO
PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIREFIGHTING AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS. U.S.
FOREST SERVICE, TELEPHONE 505-842-3473, OR FREQ 133.825/POTATO FIRE, IS
IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. ALBUQUERQUE /ZAB/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE
505-856-4580, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

Do I call one of those phone numbers or FFS? or the frequency in the
air? then what? what kind of notification shall I give? what kind of
"advisories" can I expect?

ktbr
June 19th 06, 07:22 PM
navghtivs wrote:
> ALBUQUERQUE /ZAB/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE
> 505-856-4580, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.

BTIZ
June 20th 06, 05:12 AM
hopefully you are based there or have some really big business reason to go
there..
otherwise I'd stay away, not really a pleasure trip
BT

"navghtivs" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Since it is going to be a hot summer, I'd better prepare for it. The
> regulation says:
>
> FAR 91.137(c)
> (c) When a NOTAM has been issued under paragraph (a)(2) of this
> section, no person may operate an aircraft within the designated area
> unless at least one of the following conditions are met:
> (4) The operation is conducted directly to or from an airport within
> the area, or is necessitated by the impracticability of VFR flight
> above or around the area due to weather, or terrain; notification is
> given to the Flight Service Station (FSS) or ATC facility specified in
> the NOTAM to receive advisories concerning disaster relief aircraft
> operations; and the operation does not hamper or endanger relief
> activities and is not conducted for the purpose of observing the
> disaster.
>
> OK, so the question is, what shall I do if I do want to fly VFR
> directly to or from such an airport inside a fire fighting TFR? For
> example, with this NOTAM:
>
> !FDC 6/9574 ZAB AZ.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION, 40 NW OF SHOWLOW, AZ.
> EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION
> 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 10
> NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 343800N/1104100W OR THE WINSLOW /INW/ VORTAC
> 154 DEGREE RADIAL AT 26.2 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 9200 FEET MSL TO
> PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIREFIGHTING AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS. U.S.
> FOREST SERVICE, TELEPHONE 505-842-3473, OR FREQ 133.825/POTATO FIRE, IS
> IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. ALBUQUERQUE /ZAB/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE
> 505-856-4580, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.
>
> Do I call one of those phone numbers or FFS? or the frequency in the
> air? then what? what kind of notification shall I give? what kind of
> "advisories" can I expect?

Google