PDA

View Full Version : Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip on wet Runway..............Crash Video

Hans
June 26th 06, 06:50 PM
Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
crash:
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

ME
June 27th 06, 02:26 AM
The C-130 crash is what happens with over rotation.

I've never seen the video before, but from my experience it looks like he
pulled back on the stick WAY too far and it stalled.

I recently practiced some short and soft field take offs and landings, in
the short and soft field you should take off ASAP but stay in ground effect
until you reach climbing speed, then pull the nose up to climb attitude.

JMHO

"Hans" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
> wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
> crash:
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

June 28th 06, 06:35 AM
Hans wrote:
> Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
> wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
> crash:
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html

No not China. It happened 6th June at Medellin; I thought you could
tell by the background :o)

The plane was headed for Miami, and was full of flowers. The pilots
have been temporarily furloughed, I hear...

Ramapriya

Flyingmonk
June 28th 06, 03:55 PM
wrote:
> Hans wrote:
> > Boing747 over-runs Landing-strip. I believe this happened in China. The
> > wet runway and the probably over-speeded 747 produced this dramatic
> > crash:
> > http://www.jumpingpixels.com/boing747.html
>

> No not China. It happened 6th June at Medellin; I thought you could
> tell by the background :o)
>
> The plane was headed for Miami, and was full of flowers. The pilots
> have been temporarily furloughed, I hear...
>
> Ramapriya

Wow! Looked like an expensive over-run.

Monk

Google