PDA

View Full Version : Re: Commercial Rating Question

Gary Drescher
June 29th 06, 11:44 PM
"Dane Spearing" > wrote in message
> Do the two VRF cross country trips required for the commercial rating (2
> hrs,
> 100 nm min, one day, one night) have to be dual? FAR 61.129(a)(3) seems to
> imply that it should be dual in the statement:
>
> "20 hours of training on the areas of operation listed in 61.127(b)(1) of
> this part that includes at least --
>
> I assume that "training" implies dual. Is this a correct assumption?

Yes. See 61.1b6 for the definition of "flight training". (The three main
sources of official aviation definitions are FAR 1.1, FAR 61.1, and the AIM
Pilot/Controller Glossary. Not all regulatory terms appear in any of those
places; but most do, so they're good places to look first.)

By the way, commercial privileges are granted by a new certificate, not a
rating. The DE might care about that distinction. :)

(I cross-posted this to rec.aviation.piloting, since it's not about IFR.)

--Gary

Google