PDA

View Full Version : Look at the dew point

Ross[_1_]
July 4th 06, 05:20 PM
KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W

This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

Happy 4th.
--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI

wolfgang k.
July 4th 06, 06:22 PM
some more:
kuala lumpur
SAWMKK 041700Z 13006KT 9999 FEW030 BKN270 28/24 Q1009 NOSIG=
SITIAWAN SAWMBA 041700Z 00000KT 9999 FEW032 SCT140 BKN280 27/25 Q1010=
and at my homebase vienna, austriaSALOWW 041650Z 17009KT 9999 FEW050 24/13
Q1021 NOSIG=regards wolfgang who some long time ago spent some time at MSU
in wichita falls ;-)

Peter Duniho
July 4th 06, 06:39 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message
> KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W
>
> This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.

What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.

What's the big deal?

A Lieberman
July 4th 06, 07:17 PM
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:39:13 -0700, Peter Duniho wrote:

> "Ross" > wrote in message
>> KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W
>>
>> This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.
>
> What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
> humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
> MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
> cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.
>
> What's the big deal?

The big deal is that the dew point doesn't match the temperature.
Unusually dry air for this early in the morning this time of the year.

You don't sweat as much during preflight :-)

Allen

Ross[_1_]
July 4th 06, 07:19 PM
Peter Duniho wrote:

> "Ross" > wrote in message
>
>>KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W
>>
>>This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.
>

> What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
> humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Springfield,
> MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some random well-known
> cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or above 21C this morning.
>
> What's the big deal?

It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW
Arkansas and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from
mowing the lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even
think I would like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.

--
Regards,

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI

Montblack[_1_]
July 4th 06, 07:32 PM
("Ross" wrote)
> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW Arkansas
> and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
> lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
> like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.

PERFECT Fourth of July weather in the Twin Cities today.

72°
Dewpoint 54
50% humidity
Winds - 10mph
Mostly sunny

Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.

Montblack
Heading out for my 3 mile walk. Too nice to be indoors today, I might just
keep going ...and do 6 miles! OSH prep. <g>

Jay Honeck
July 4th 06, 07:49 PM
> Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.
>

> Montblack

What? And you didn't invite us?

:-)

(It's perfect weather here, too. Gonna drag the camper up to the lake
later on today...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dave Stadt
July 4th 06, 08:36 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message
> Peter Duniho wrote:
>
>> "Ross" > wrote in message
>>
>>>KGYI 041545Z AUTO 27003KT 10SM SCT110 29/21 A3007 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT W
>>>
>>>This is north TX. Anyone want to go flying and it is only 10:30AM.
>>

>> What am I looking at? Dewpoint of 21C? So what? That's only a relative
>> humidity of about 60%. Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando,
>> Springfield, MO, Little Rock, AR, and Washington, DC (just to pick some
>> random well-known cities east of the Rockies) all have dewpoints at or
>> above 21C this morning.
>>
>> What's the big deal?
> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW Arkansas
> and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
> lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
> like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ross
> C-172F 180 hp
> KSWI

It is summer, don't know what you expect. Every time I have been in the
south in the summer, which was frequently, it was akin to what lobsters go
through the last seconds of their lives.

Peter Duniho
July 4th 06, 10:22 PM
"A Lieberman" > wrote in message
.. .
> The big deal is that the dew point doesn't match the temperature.
> Unusually dry air for this early in the morning this time of the year.

Well, according to the original poster, you are incorrect.

Peter Duniho
July 4th 06, 10:25 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message
> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation.

Um, okay. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, or even worth posting
about. But at least I now understand what it was you thought was worth
pointing out.

Still, I hope everyone else doesn't decide to start posting daily weather
reports of their ordinary weather.

BTIZ
July 4th 06, 10:26 PM
After a high of 92F this morning, with sct thunderstorms the afternoon
temperature is now 88F, Dew Point at 55F with a relative humidty of 31%

Too humid for me... not unlike the 105F and 5% humidity we had on Saturday.
That was a great day!

LAS
BT

"Montblack" > wrote in message
> ("Ross" wrote)
>> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW
>> Arkansas
>> and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
>> lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
>> like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.
>

> PERFECT Fourth of July weather in the Twin Cities today.
>
> 72°
> Dewpoint 54
> 50% humidity
> Winds - 10mph
> Mostly sunny
>
> Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.
>

> Montblack
> Heading out for my 3 mile walk. Too nice to be indoors today, I might just
> keep going ...and do 6 miles! OSH prep. <g>

Dan Luke
July 4th 06, 11:51 PM
"Ross" wrote:

>> What's the big deal?
> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW Arkansas
> and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
> lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
> like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ross
> C-172F 180 hp
> KSWI

Dan Luke
July 4th 06, 11:57 PM
"Ross" wrote:

>>>29/21

> It is muggy as H***.

In Mobile, we'd call that "dry."

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Dan Luke
July 5th 06, 12:00 AM
"Montblack" wrote:

> PERFECT Fourth of July weather in the Twin Cities today.
>
> 72°
> Dewpoint 54
> 50% humidity
> Winds - 10mph
> Mostly sunny

Yeah, yeah; rub it in!

Get back to us with a weather report in January.

--
Dan

"The future has actually been here for a while, it's just not readily
available to everyone."
- some guy at MIT

Dan Luke
July 5th 06, 12:05 AM
oops

Montblack[_1_]
July 5th 06, 12:30 AM
("Dan Luke" wrote)
> Yeah, yeah; rub it in!
>
> Get back to us with a weather report in January.

Not a problem. Brrrrrr ....winter.

Come January, do you think your FEMA trailer will have dial-up access? :-)

Montblack

Dan Luke
July 5th 06, 02:53 AM
"Montblack" wrote:

> ("Dan Luke" wrote)
>> Yeah, yeah; rub it in!
>>
>> Get back to us with a weather report in January.
>

> Not a problem. Brrrrrr ....winter.
>
> Come January, do you think your FEMA trailer will have dial-up access?
> :-)

Haw! Touche'.

I doubt if FEMA will manage to get me one by January if my house is blown
away in September.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Ross Richardson[_1_]
July 5th 06, 05:23 PM
Where do you live in the Twin Cities. I used to visit Rosemont (Eden
Prairie) often in another life.

Montblack wrote:

> ("Ross" wrote)
>
>> It is muggy as H***. I was just making an observation. I go to NW
>> Arkansas
>> and in the hills up there it is bad also. I just got in from mowing the
>> lawn and the heat was repressive and I thought I don't even think I would
>> like to take my Cessna out today. That's all.
>

> PERFECT Fourth of July weather in the Twin Cities today.
>
> 72°
> Dewpoint 54
> 50% humidity
> Winds - 10mph
> Mostly sunny
>
> Grilling out later ...beer bottles are in the freezer.
>

> Montblack
> Heading out for my 3 mile walk. Too nice to be indoors today, I might just
> keep going ...and do 6 miles! OSH prep. <g>

Flyingmonk[_1_]
July 6th 06, 06:56 AM
Jay Honeck wrote:
>Gonna drag the camper up to the lake later on today.

Did you say lake? Where's the floats for Atlas? <g>

Monk

Google