PDA

View Full Version : Attention SkyLune: FAA To Fund Noise-mitigation Measures

Larry Dighera
July 8th 06, 05:13 PM
Of course, being openly opposed to government subsidies, you won't
think of lobbying the FAA for inclusion in a program such as this: :-)
AVwebFlash Volume 12, Number 27b -- July 6, 2006

NEIGHBORS: IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM ... BUY 'EM

(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/673-full.html#192644)
The FAA might not have money to hire inspectors or examiners these
days, but it's spending $59 million to buy 122 houses and
soundproof 1,000 more near Mississippi's Gulfport-Biloxi
International Airport. Another 1,300 homeowners will be paid
$3,000 for right-of-flyover privileges, a strategy that's meant to
ward off potential lawsuits, the Sun-Herald reported
(http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/14959875.htm) on
Monday. The FAA will not fund noise-mitigation measures for houses
built after 1998. After that, municipalities were expected to use
compatible zoning and land-use rules to prevent noise conflicts.
Still, airports around the country continue to spend millions to
buy up or soundproof nearby older homes.

john smith
July 8th 06, 05:36 PM
In article >,
Larry Dighera > wrote:

> After that, municipalities were expected to use compatible
> zoning and land-use rules to prevent noise conflicts.

It took our local pro-aviation group six years to get legislation
started and passed at the city level, then another three years for the
county to implement their version.

Google