PDA

View Full Version : Re: Concorde - join the campaign

Keith Willshaw[_1_]
July 8th 06, 10:29 PM
> wrote in message
> On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
>>signatures this week!
>>
>>Please add your support at www.save-concorde.com.
> Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off so
> has not to kill again which it surly would have done .

You are in error. The modifications necessary to make it safe
were made and the aircraft was returned to service.

It was retired because it was no longer profitable to operate.

Keith

Sylvain
July 8th 06, 10:45 PM
Keith Willshaw wrote:

> It was retired because it was no longer profitable to operate.

you mean to say that there was a time when it was profitable?

--Sylvain

Keith Willshaw[_1_]
July 9th 06, 11:10 AM
> wrote in message

>>You are in error. The modifications necessary to make it safe
>>were made and the aircraft was returned to service.

> Made it safe in respect of the cause of the French crash Keith what
> other potentially lethal faults where/are still left undiscovered and
> would remain undiscovered until one day a sequence of events
> triggered whatever off and brought another one down in flames.

Something that can be said of any machine made by man.

> I will never forget watching that AF concorde with flames and smoke
> streaming from it on TV to my dying day in fact it has put me off
> flying in any aircraft now . I am due to go to Brussels again shortly
> and I will be going by Eurostar has I have done ever since the
> concorde crash even though it does entail an overnight stay in Belgium

I suggest that if you feel this way you stay safely at home, you may
recall there have been some rather nasty train crashes
over the years.

Keith

Graeme Wall
July 9th 06, 01:17 PM
In message >
"Keith Willshaw" > wrote:

> > wrote in message

[snip]

> > I will never forget watching that AF concorde with flames and smoke
> > streaming from it on TV to my dying day in fact it has put me off
> > flying in any aircraft now . I am due to go to Brussels again shortly
> > and I will be going by Eurostar has I have done ever since the
> > concorde crash even though it does entail an overnight stay in Belgium
>
> I suggest that if you feel this way you stay safely at home, you may
> recall there have been some rather nasty train crashes
> over the years.

But whatever you do don't go to bed, it's a very dangerous place. More
people die in bed than any other single location.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.

James Hart
July 9th 06, 02:17 PM
wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:10:10 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
> > wrote:
>

>> I suggest that if you feel this way you stay safely at home,
> Maybe that is the reason my car only does a maximum of 32 miles in any
> week mostly it does around 15 I only go out when going out is a must

That's bad news then, most car accidents happen near to home, so you're
upping your chances again.

Keith Willshaw[_1_]
July 9th 06, 03:35 PM
> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:10:10 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
> > wrote:
>

> At least with a train or car crash you don't have the shear terror of
> falling maybe 30,000 feet to face before dying .

Truly it is said "A coward dies a thousand deaths"

Keith

FatKat
July 9th 06, 04:58 PM
wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:10:10 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
> > wrote:
>

> >I suggest that if you feel this way you stay safely at home,
> Maybe that is the reason my car only does a maximum of 32 miles in any
> week mostly it does around 15 I only go out when going out is a must
> just like my Belgium trip four times a year is a must .

I don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet, but on reputation
alone, it appears that Belgium must be Europe's safest and most
risk-shy city.

> >you may recall there have been some rather nasty train crashes
> >over the years.
> At least with a train or car crash you don't have the shear terror of
> falling maybe 30,000 feet to face before dying .

And don't forget all those horrific accidents where the 747 derailed or
had its cars become decoupled in flight - that never happens on trains.

FatKat
July 9th 06, 04:59 PM
Keith Willshaw wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:10:10 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
> > > wrote:
> >

> > At least with a train or car crash you don't have the shear terror of
> > falling maybe 30,000 feet to face before dying .
>
> Truly it is said "A coward dies a thousand deaths"

or suffers a thousand usenet flames.

John Walker
July 11th 06, 04:30 PM
"FatKat" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:10:10 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >I suggest that if you feel this way you stay safely at home,
>> Maybe that is the reason my car only does a maximum of 32 miles in any
>> week mostly it does around 15 I only go out when going out is a must
>> just like my Belgium trip four times a year is a must .
>
> I don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet, but on reputation
> alone, it appears that Belgium must be Europe's safest and most
> risk-shy city.
>
>> >you may recall there have been some rather nasty train crashes
>> >over the years.
>> At least with a train or car crash you don't have the shear terror of
>> falling maybe 30,000 feet to face before dying .
>
> And don't forget all those horrific accidents where the 747 derailed or
> had its cars become decoupled in flight - that never happens on trains.

Belgium's not a city.

John Walker
July 11th 06, 08:09 PM
"FatKat" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> John Walker wrote:
>> "FatKat" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>> > I don't know if anybody has pointed this out yet, but on reputation
>> > alone, it appears that Belgium must be Europe's safest and most
>> > risk-shy city.

>> > And don't forget all those horrific accidents where the 747 derailed or
>> > had its cars become decoupled in flight - that never happens on trains.
>>
>> Belgium's not a city.
>
> That was, like 2 days ago. Have you been tearing yourself up over that
> the whole time? Sheesh.

Not really, only visit the list every few days. Belgium wasn't a city 2 days
ago either.

FatKat
July 11th 06, 09:30 PM
John Walker wrote:
> "FatKat" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > John Walker wrote:
> >> "FatKat" > wrote in message
> >> ups.com...

> >> Belgium's not a city.
> >
> > That was, like 2 days ago. Have you been tearing yourself up over that
> > the whole time? Sheesh.
>
> Not really, only visit the list every few days. Belgium wasn't a city 2 days
> ago either.

And now you're moving your schedule? Does that mean you have to move
up you rnext jaunt to Belgium, or Burssels or Brazzaville as well?
Just for me? Wow!!!!!!

Google