PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Jeppesen Skybound 2 PCMCIA Software

Ron Lee
August 14th 06, 03:04 AM
Considering buying this hardware but I have not been able to find the
software to support it. Any leads on getting it?

Ron Lee

Marco Leon
August 15th 06, 03:48 PM
Have you contacted Jeppesen? Since you have to buy the updates anyway,
they *should* give you the software for free or maybe even have it
available for download on their website. Their website navigation isn't
the best so it may take a call to customer service.

Marco

Ron Lee wrote:
> Considering buying this hardware but I have not been able to find the
> software to support it. Any leads on getting it?
>
> Ron Lee

Ron Lee
August 24th 06, 05:07 PM
"Marco Leon" > wrote:

>Have you contacted Jeppesen? Since you have to buy the updates anyway,
>they *should* give you the software for free or maybe even have it
>available for download on their website. Their website navigation isn't
>the best so it may take a call to customer service.
>
>Marco
>
>Ron Lee wrote:
>> Considering buying this hardware but I have not been able to find the
>> software to support it. Any leads on getting it?
>>
>> Ron Lee

I finally called Jeppesen and they gave me the directions to find the
software. I probably should have been able to find it after all.

http://tinyurl.com/p6w84

Ron Lee

jmk
August 28th 06, 03:06 PM
Ron Lee wrote:

> I finally called Jeppesen and they gave me the directions to find the
> software. I probably should have been able to find it after all.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/p6w84

What's even stranger... I bought this HW off EBay a while back (and it
works well enough, for a beta type poorly designed high school
project). Anyway, on one of the calls to them, I was told to not use
the HW, but just plug the card in directly. The tech support claim was
that the HW was originally part of some big security thing, but is no
longer required. Indeed, it doesn't really seem to make any
difference.

All they really care about is that you have the SW subscription.

Ron Lee
August 28th 06, 03:31 PM
>What's even stranger... I bought this HW off EBay a while back (and it
>works well enough, for a beta type poorly designed high school
>project). Anyway, on one of the calls to them, I was told to not use
>the HW, but just plug the card in directly. The tech support claim was
>that the HW was originally part of some big security thing, but is no
>longer required. Indeed, it doesn't really seem to make any
>difference.
>
>All they really care about is that you have the SW subscription.

Plug the card into what?

Ron Lee

jmk
August 29th 06, 02:50 PM
Ron Lee wrote:
> >What's even stranger... I bought this HW off EBay a while back (and it
> >works well enough, for a beta type poorly designed high school
> >project). Anyway, on one of the calls to them, I was told to not use
> >the HW, but just plug the card in directly.
> >
> >All they really care about is that you have the SW subscription.
> >
> Plug the card into what?

Into the computer's PCMCIA slot, where you would normally plug the
SkyBound adapter.

Marco Leon
August 29th 06, 03:45 PM
jmk wrote:

> > Plug the card into what?
>
> Into the computer's PCMCIA slot, where you would normally plug the
> SkyBound adapter.

There are no GPS data cards that fit into a standard PCMCIA slot
without a skybound adapter. The only other option besides the PCMCIA
adapter is the USB adapter. Have you tried it yet?

Marco

jmk
August 30th 06, 02:27 PM
Marco Leon wrote:
> jmk wrote:
> > > Plug the card into what?
> >
> > Into the computer's PCMCIA slot, where you would normally plug the
> > SkyBound adapter.
>
> There are no GPS data cards that fit into a standard PCMCIA slot
> without a skybound adapter. The only other option besides the PCMCIA
> adapter is the USB adapter. Have you tried it yet?

My GX-60 takes a standard (well, OLD standard) linear PCMCIA flash card
- 4 MB. It will plug into the SkyBound adapter, or directly into my
PC. Doesn't seem to make any difference to the SkyBound software which
I do. [And no, i haven't tried the newer USB version. It wasn't
available when Jepp first started offering the downloads.

Google