PDA

View Full Version : Info on using Win Pilot and the Volkslogger

Ramy
August 22nd 06, 10:44 PM
Did you figured out how to clear a task from VL using WP without having
to declare a new task? All my flights keep showing the last declared
task...

Thanks,

Ramy

David Neptune wrote:
> Recently I have put significant effort into understanding the basics of how
> to construct a "task" with the WP and downloading it into the VL. Frankly,
> without lucid and user-friendly instructions I found it virtually impossible
> to understand. I have spend significant time finally understanding and
> typing out my results for others to use. I flew with it several times last
> week and bingo! It worked as it is supposed to.
>
> I am happy to email the information (in Word format) to anyone who would
> like to use what I have done. I believe I have made the instructions clear
> for the non-guru, but for the benefit of all of us could use some feedback
> and if warranted I'll update. I still have a few minor questions I cannot
> resolve, but nothing that should cause a problem with the basic setup.
>
> Just send me an email at and I'll send the information
> off to you.
>
> Please help me (and others) with suggestions.
>
> Neptune
> Mile High Gliding
> Boulder, Colorado

David Neptune
August 22nd 06, 10:58 PM
[...]

Stewart Kissel
August 23rd 06, 01:05 AM
>Frankly,
>without lucid and user-friendly instructions I found
>it virtually impossible
>to understand.

Clone yourself, then contact Cambridge.

Richard[_1_]
August 23rd 06, 01:10 AM
David,

The procedure is actually very simply but confusing if you have not
done it before. A phone call to me probalby would have saved you a lot
of time. Any additional questions please call

Richard
Craggy Aero (WinPilot & Volkslogger dealer)
www.craggyaero.com

David Neptune wrote:
> Recently I have put significant effort into understanding the basics of how
> to construct a "task" with the WP and downloading it into the VL. Frankly,
> without lucid and user-friendly instructions I found it virtually impossible
> to understand. I have spend significant time finally understanding and
> typing out my results for others to use. I flew with it several times last
> week and bingo! It worked as it is supposed to.
>
> I am happy to email the information (in Word format) to anyone who would
> like to use what I have done. I believe I have made the instructions clear
> for the non-guru, but for the benefit of all of us could use some feedback
> and if warranted I'll update. I still have a few minor questions I cannot
> resolve, but nothing that should cause a problem with the basic setup.
>
> Just send me an email at and I'll send the information
> off to you.
>
> Please help me (and others) with suggestions.
>
> Neptune
> Mile High Gliding
> Boulder, Colorado

5Z
August 23rd 06, 06:38 PM
Stewart Kissel wrote:
> Clone yourself, then contact Cambridge.

With which product are you having problems?

-Tom

stephanevdv
August 23rd 06, 11:59 PM
Ramy schreef:

> Did you figured out how to clear a task from VL using WP without having
> to declare a new task? All my flights keep showing the last declared
> task...

You make up a task without turnpoints, just with a start and a landing
point (your airfield), in WP, activate it in WP, and transfer it to VL.

Or you can easily clear the task directly on the VL:
nav>fai>task>edit>number of turnpoints>clear. That way, you also keep
the start and landing points of the last task. You can delete them
separately.

Google