PDA

View Full Version : R22 Tailrotor RPM

August 24th 06, 10:16 PM
Can someone provide the tailrotor RPM of the R22?

Main rotor is 520rpm correct?

Thanks,

John

August 24th 06, 11:35 PM
Impressive. Thanks.

Shiver
August 25th 06, 12:31 AM
> The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

> So, main rotor RPM would be 529.81317446808510638297872340426 RPM and
> tail rotor RPM would be 3395.6208

AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH

ALERT ALERT.... Far be it for the cook and bottle washer to
question the captains wisdom

AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH AAAAAOOOOOOGAAAAAAHHHHH

ALERT ALERT....

Are you sure

Are you sure

Are you sure

> tail rotor RPM would be 3395.6208

That's three thousand three hundred and ninety five.

Shiver
August 25th 06, 07:03 AM
> The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

> Yep. When I first calculated it back in June of 2004, I literally
> said, "Holy ****!" and did it again...
>
> So, for the sake of the cook's sanity....
>
> 2652 * 0.8536 = 2263.7472 - Input RPM at the main gearbox.
>
> 2263.7472 * (3/2) = 2263.7472 * 1.5 = 3395.6208
>
> Just for giggles, I double checked the ratios in my POH and they were
> correct. I checked my notes from ground school and they also agreed
> with the above calculation.
>
> No wonder that little bugger has such an effective tailrotor. :)

ALERT HAS BEEN CANCELED.

The cook has gone back to the kitchen.

Folks.... Meet my new potato slicer.

The R-22 Slice-O-Matic.

It slices, it dices, it julienne shreds.

But wait - That's not all.

Buy this little gadget by midnight tonight and we will throw in the
rest of the helicopter plus the kitchen sink at no extra charge.

Your wife and kids will love it.

While daddy is bringing the main rotor up to speed the kids will just
love what the tail rotor will do to a spud.

One little arm motion will be all that's needed by your youngest child
to fling a spud through the tail rotor.

You will have the thinnest sliced potatos possible.

Google