PDA

View Full Version : SSA scholarship news (USA)

August 26th 06, 03:17 PM
"Cadet" pre-solo scholarship grants are being awarded to Clark Allen
(IN) of Central Indiana SS, Jacob Hoffman (NY) of Adirondack SC, and
Zachary St. John (CA) at Skylark North. Thanks to generous
contributions to the Gross scholarship fund at the SSA Foundation, we
decided to expand the number of awards this year. Jeff Johnson (PA)
was our Bultman award exemplary line-crew, for his amazing work at the
Soaring Club at Penn State U.. Contest Entry matching fund grants went
to Mike Westbrook (TX) and Kathy Fosha (CO). Congratulations to all.

September 30 is the application deadline for the Kolstad college
scholarship, in which minimum eligibility for a US Citizen SSA member
up through age 20 is an FAI Silver badge or an SSA Kolstad Century I
(100km). There is still time for you or your mentored youth to score
the flight experience this season, and thanks to Ralph Kolstad's
fund-raising leadership and angels in the field, there should be funds
for multiple awards this Winter. A reminder that the application
package needs to include an applicant narrative and nomination letters
from Club/FBO sponsors. See http://www.soarcsa.org/ssa/ssay/kycs.htm

See also -- download, present at meetings, mention -- our PPT slide
show (405K) overview of SSA Youth Committee programs and partnerships
at www.greeleynet.com/~jhpc/SSAYouth.ppt .

John H. Campbell
SSA Youth Committee
www.ssa.org/society/youthships.asp