PDA

View Full Version : LS-4 to LS-4a conversion

Dan Peters
August 29th 06, 05:29 AM
Our LS-4 (S/n 4093) was supposedly converted to an
LS-4 in the 1980's. A logbook entry was made about
the gear mod and the new bags put in.

I was talking to another local pilot with an LS-4 and
he says that the logbook entry isn't sufficient, that
our S/N has to be on some list. Anyone know anything
about this list? The FAA registry lists our glider
as an LS-4.

Thanks,
Dan

JS
August 29th 06, 06:50 AM
Dan Peters wrote:

> I was talking to another local pilot with an LS-4 and
> he says that the logbook entry isn't sufficient, that
> our S/N has to be on some list.

Hello Dan:
I remember seeing that list a long time ago, and a handful of low
serial numbers had been excluded from modification to LS-4a. Mine
(SN4008) was on the excluded list even though it had the mods before I
bought it and included 4a manuals.

I didn't find the reference to serial numbers on the DG website. I
wonder if that list was in TM4018, superseded by 4018a?
TM4018a "Modification to LS-4a" has no serial number restrictions.
Does anybody have a copy of the old TM4018?

DG link:
http://212.8.200.175/~techdg/TM-LS/LS4/

Of course, ASI markings and placards need changing and pages in the
manuals swapped out (available as TM4022).

Jim

Google