PDA

View Full Version : Solo defined

GeorgeC
September 3rd 06, 11:58 PM
FAR 61.51 (d)

d) Logging of solo flight time. Except for a student pilot performing the duties
of pilot in command of an airship requiring more than one pilot flight
crewmember, a pilot may log as solo flight time only that flight time when the
pilot is the sole occupant of the aircraft.

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:09:59 -0700, "Rick McPherson"
> wrote:

>Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or
>solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.

GeorgeC

Vaughn Simon
September 4th 06, 12:01 AM
"Rick McPherson" > wrote in message
> Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or solo
> x/c in relation to commercial certificate.

I don't have an answer for you, but a little "fun fact" is that the
definition that you found in 61.87(a) specifically applies only to Subpart C
(Student Pilot), and therefore has nothing to do with the Commercial Certificate
requirements.

Vaughn

BTIZ
September 4th 06, 12:30 AM
61.51(d)
defines "solo" as "sole occupant", that means alone.. and un afraid..
can't count that trip with the girl friend.. it was long enough for the long
Commercial Cross Country.. but it was not "solo"

BT

"Rick McPherson" > wrote in message
> Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or
> solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Rick McPherson
September 4th 06, 01:09 AM
Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or
solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.

Thanks

Rick

Nik
September 4th 06, 03:15 AM
So Solo is treated the same as PIC, right?
-Nik
BTIZ wrote:
> 61.51(d)
> defines "solo" as "sole occupant", that means alone.. and un afraid..
> can't count that trip with the girl friend.. it was long enough for the long
> Commercial Cross Country.. but it was not "solo"
>
> BT
>
> "Rick McPherson" > wrote in message
> > Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or
> > solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rick

> > News==----
> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> > Newsgroups
> > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> > =----

BTIZ
September 4th 06, 05:29 AM
no..
because you can be PIC.. and have non rated passengers..
for SOLO.. you can not carry a passenger

BT

"Nik" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> So Solo is treated the same as PIC, right?
> -Nik
> BTIZ wrote:
>> 61.51(d)
>> defines "solo" as "sole occupant", that means alone.. and un afraid..
>> can't count that trip with the girl friend.. it was long enough for the
>> long
>> Commercial Cross Country.. but it was not "solo"
>>
>> BT
>>
>> "Rick McPherson" > wrote in message
>> > Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night,
>> > and/or
>> > solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Rick

>> > News==----
>> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> > 120,000+
>> > Newsgroups
>> > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
>> > =----

Rick McPherson
September 4th 06, 07:19 AM
Thanks George...I knew it was there somewhere, just couldn't find it.
"GeorgeC" > wrote in message
> FAR 61.51 (d)
>
> d) Logging of solo flight time. Except for a student pilot performing the
> duties
> of pilot in command of an airship requiring more than one pilot flight
> crewmember, a pilot may log as solo flight time only that flight time when
> the
> pilot is the sole occupant of the aircraft.
>
> On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:09:59 -0700, "Rick McPherson"
> > wrote:
>
>>Where is "solo" defined beyond 61.87 (a)? For example, solo night, and/or
>>solo x/c in relation to commercial certificate.
>
> GeorgeC

Kyler Laird
September 7th 06, 03:39 AM
"BTIZ" > writes:

>61.51(d)
>defines "solo" as "sole occupant",

Where's "occupant" defined?

I often fly solo but I rarely fly alone.
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0021/img_0484.jpg/image_viewer
http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0033/img_2960.jpg/image_viewer

--kyler

Andrew Gideon
September 7th 06, 08:25 PM
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:39:56 -0400, Kyler Laird wrote:

> I often fly solo but I rarely fly alone.
> http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0021/img_0484.jpg/image_viewer
> http://lairds.org/Kyler/photos/disk0033/img_2960.jpg/image_viewer

I think you're wrong. As long as you've that guy sitting next to you (the
one in the headset), you're not solo.

<Laugh>

- Andrew

P.S. I've never gotten to actually *use* "On the Internet, nobody
knows you're a dog" before. Thanks!

Google