PDA

View Full Version : intercom-expander 2->4 Place

Ingo Wolf
September 7th 06, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know portable expanders to
plug 4 intercoms into an builtin 2 place-Intercom.
I sometimes rent aircrafts having only a two-place
Interkom but would like also to speak with the
passengers.

Thomas Borchert
September 7th 06, 03:27 PM
Ingo,

> Does anybody know portable expanders to
> plug 4 intercoms into an builtin 2 place-Intercom.
> I sometimes rent aircrafts having only a two-place
> Interkom but would like also to speak with the
> passengers.

The solution is to plug a portable 4-place-intercom into the pilot side
of the built-in intercom and plug all headsets into the portable. The
disadvantages are:

- A built-in PTT on the copilot side will not work
- The built-in PTT on the pilot side will work, but everybody speaking
on the intercom circuit at the time will get transmitted.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Ron Natalie
September 7th 06, 07:26 PM
Ingo Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know portable expanders to
> plug 4 intercoms into an builtin 2 place-Intercom.
> I sometimes rent aircrafts having only a two-place
> Interkom but would like also to speak with the
> passengers.

I just use a 4 place portable. Your options are to
plug it into the copilot position, or just bypass the
onboard intercom entirely and plug all the headsets
into the the portable and then the portable plugs into
the pilot jacks.

john smith
September 7th 06, 08:50 PM
In article >,
Thomas Borchert > wrote:

> Ingo,
>
> > Does anybody know portable expanders to
> > plug 4 intercoms into an builtin 2 place-Intercom.
> > I sometimes rent aircrafts having only a two-place
> > Interkom but would like also to speak with the
> > passengers.
> >

> The solution is to plug a portable 4-place-intercom into the pilot side
> of the built-in intercom and plug all headsets into the portable. The
> disadvantages are:
>
> - A built-in PTT on the copilot side will not work
> - The built-in PTT on the pilot side will work, but everybody speaking
> on the intercom circuit at the time will get transmitted.

Be careful! You may get interference when you transmit or you may get
interference on one of the intcoms from feedback.

Aluckyguess[_1_]
September 8th 06, 03:46 AM
I have one its like new if you interested.

"Thomas Borchert" > wrote in message
> Ingo,
>
>> Does anybody know portable expanders to
>> plug 4 intercoms into an builtin 2 place-Intercom.
>> I sometimes rent aircrafts having only a two-place
>> Interkom but would like also to speak with the
>> passengers.
>>

> The solution is to plug a portable 4-place-intercom into the pilot side
> of the built-in intercom and plug all headsets into the portable. The
> disadvantages are:
>
> - A built-in PTT on the copilot side will not work
> - The built-in PTT on the pilot side will work, but everybody speaking
> on the intercom circuit at the time will get transmitted.
>
> --
> Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thomas Borchert
September 8th 06, 09:57 AM
John,

> Be careful! You may get interference when you transmit or you may get
> interference on one of the intcoms from feedback.

How? Also: Just switch off the interal intercom.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

john smith
September 8th 06, 12:08 PM
In article >,
Thomas Borchert > wrote:

> John,
>
> > Be careful! You may get interference when you transmit or you may get
> > interference on one of the intcoms from feedback.
> >

> How? Also: Just switch off the interal intercom.

Originally, I thought it was due to the sidetone, so I tried turning off
one, then they other. It didn't help. I never did figure out what the
cause was.

Thomas Borchert
September 8th 06, 02:00 PM
John,

> Originally, I thought it was due to the sidetone, so I tried turning off
> one, then they other. It didn't help. I never did figure out what the
> cause was.

Weird. Might be faulty wiring.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)