PDA

View Full Version : ANR Headsets - Recommendations

jad
September 8th 06, 09:00 AM
Hi guys..

I'm in the market to purchase a heli headset, the ol` fixed with
converter plug has had it days!!

Any recommendations out there??

I must say my favs are the Flightcom Denalli or the Sennheiser HMEC
450.. but am I best to stick with David Clarke like the rest of the
aviation world ??

The Bose of course are perfect however, a little out of my price range!

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated :)

thanks in advance,

Jad

jad
September 13th 06, 10:05 AM
Ended up going for the Sennheiser 322. One of the lightest ANR units and
claimed to reduce up to 40db!

I`ll let you know how I find them...

The new ENC DC's look great... but also a bit pricey!

Jad

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:00:39 +1000, jad
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi guys..
>>
>> I'm in the market to purchase a heli headset, the ol` fixed with
>> converter plug has had it days!!
>>
>> Any recommendations out there??
>>
>> I must say my favs are the Flightcom Denalli or the Sennheiser HMEC
>> 450.. but am I best to stick with David Clarke like the rest of the
>> aviation world ??
>>
>> The Bose of course are perfect however, a little out of my price range!
>>

>> Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated :)
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>

>> Jad
>
> I'm using the DCs and like them a lot. My only complaint is the +/-
> 10 hour battery life. I always carry a couple 9V batteries (NiMh
> rechargables) with me so it's not a huge issue. Like you, I would
> have loved to get my head wrapped in the Bose unit, but couldn't
> stomach the nearly $1000 pricetag.

Google