PDA

View Full Version : Some near-final last shots of the F-14

Mike Weeks
September 15th 06, 05:32 PM
For those interested, this link shows a few very nice near-final snaps
of VF-31's Tomcats.

http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3071869ad4a5ab7c0c2f62b80adb583d;a ct=ST;f=9;t=21776

MW

Ralph_S
September 17th 06, 03:45 PM
Mike Weeks wrote:
> For those interested, this link shows a few very nice near-final snaps
> of VF-31's Tomcats.
>
> http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3071869ad4a5ab7c0c2f62b80adb583d;a ct=ST;f=9;t=21776
>
> MW

Thanks for providing this link. Great looking jets, especially their
CO's aircraft (AJ-101). It's sad to see them go.

Cheers,
Ralph

John Carrier
September 17th 06, 05:53 PM
The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew are in
the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I cruised require a
scuba license to see or are razor blades.

R / John

"Ralph_S" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Mike Weeks wrote:
>> For those interested, this link shows a few very nice near-final snaps
>> of VF-31's Tomcats.
>>
>> http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3071869ad4a5ab7c0c2f62b80adb583d;a ct=ST;f=9;t=21776
>>
>> MW
>
> Thanks for providing this link. Great looking jets, especially their
> CO's aircraft (AJ-101). It's sad to see them go.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph

Mike Kanze
September 17th 06, 09:00 PM
Ditto the sentiment (sigh!).

--
Mike Kanze

"The creation of the Department of Homeland Security was a transformative event, especially for those poor *******s who actually have to work there."

- Thomas P. M. Barnett

"John Carrier" > wrote in message . ..
The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew are in
the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I cruised require a
scuba license to see or are razor blades.

R / John

"Ralph_S" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Mike Weeks wrote:
>> For those interested, this link shows a few very nice near-final snaps
>> of VF-31's Tomcats.
>>
>> http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3071869ad4a5ab7c0c2f62b80adb583d;a ct=ST;f=9;t=21776
>>
>> MW
>
> Thanks for providing this link. Great looking jets, especially their
> CO's aircraft (AJ-101). It's sad to see them go.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph

Dave[_6_]
September 18th 06, 06:38 AM
"John Carrier" > wrote in
:

> The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew
> are in the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I cruised
> require a scuba license to see or are razor blades.

Fortunately, my "boat" is about 20 miles away, and doing nicely as a museum.

Dave Bowles
USS Midway, '80 - '83

Frank Minich
September 18th 06, 03:35 PM
The very sad thing is that some of the WW2 planes still fly, but the
Vietnam-era planes are mostly history.

"John Carrier" > wrote in message
. ..
> The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew are
in
> the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I cruised require a
> scuba license to see or are razor blades.
>
> R / John
>
> "Ralph_S" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Mike Weeks wrote:
> >> For those interested, this link shows a few very nice near-final snaps
> >> of VF-31's Tomcats.

http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3071869ad4a5ab7c0c2f62b80adb583d;a ct=ST;f=9;t=21776

> >> MW
> >
> > Thanks for providing this link. Great looking jets, especially their
> > CO's aircraft (AJ-101). It's sad to see them go.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ralph

Mike Weeks
September 18th 06, 06:52 PM
See:

http://www.hamptonroads.com/pilotonline/special/f14.html

for the story/video of the bird's final farewell.

MW

Mike Weeks
September 18th 06, 06:55 PM
Dave wrote:
> "John Carrier" > wrote in
> :
>
> > The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew
> > are in the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I cruised
> > require a scuba license to see or are razor blades.
> >

> Fortunately, my "boat" is about 20 miles away, and doing nicely as a museum.

Do they launch the F-4 off cat 1 every first Saturday of the month???
<g>

MW

Dave[_6_]
September 19th 06, 06:13 AM
"Mike Weeks" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Dave wrote:
>> "John Carrier" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > The inexorable march of time and technology. All the fighters I flew
>> > are in the boneyard, on sticks or in museums. All the ships I
>> > cruised require a scuba license to see or are razor blades.
>> >

>> Fortunately, my "boat" is about 20 miles away, and doing nicely as a
>> museum.
>
> Do they launch the F-4 off cat 1 every first Saturday of the month???
> <g>

Har, Har. The tracks have been pulled, and the resulting holes in the flight
deck are welded over. That sort of evolution would absolutely thrill the
local residents. NOT!

Dave

Google