PDA

View Full Version : Re: Geoff Peck

Guy Byars
September 16th 06, 02:01 AM
Dear RAS,

I am very saddened to hear of Geoff's passing. You Johny-come-latelies
won't remember him, but he was the driving force 15 years ago for the
breaking up of the original rec.aviation newsgroup into the many different
rec.aviation.* groups we have today. He did a tremendous amount of work
building consensus, defining the charters for each group and doing all the
administrative BS to make what we now enjoy happen.

He was a great guy who worked hard for our current newsgroups.

Guy Byars

"Dave Butler" > wrote in message
> MEMORIAL GATHERING for Geoffrey Gilbert Peck
>

> Dear friends and colleagues of Geoffrey,
>
> Please join us to share our sadness and our stories of
> Geoffrey Gilbert Peck on Sunday, September 24th, 2006 at
> the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA from
> 1 P.M. to 6 P.M.
>
> Greet friends and family at 1 PM. We'll have an informal
> program for people to share their memories and some of
> Geoff's favorite music at 2 PM; a reception will follow.
>
> Bring your stories to share.
>
> Please RSVP by September 15, 2006
>
> To accept, please send an email to:
> <mailto:(removed)>
>
> To decline, please send an email to:
> <mailto:(removed)>
>
> Read & write stories and memories on the Geoff Peck wiki at:
> <http://m.rho.net/TWIKI/bin/view/>
>
> View and upload images at the Geoff Peck image gallery at:
> <http://m.rho.net/gallery/>
>
> Please forward this invite to others who might want to join
> us. We have tried our best to reach all of Geoff's contacts,
> however, he had an extensive social network and not everyone
> who would want to be there has been contacted through this
> mailing.
>
> The Computer History Museum's home page:
> <http://www.computerhistory.org/>
>
> Directions to the museum:
> <http://www.computerhistory.org/about/directions/>
>
> We hope you will be able to join us,
>
> Laura Peck, Alice Apley, and Phill Apley

Google