PDA

View Full Version : LOM engines

Salem Farm & Garden
July 21st 03, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have an opinion of the LOM 180-250 hp engines? I am thinking
about a homebuilt and like the price but have never seen one in person or
talked with someone who flew behind one.

Jerry Springer
July 22nd 03, 01:41 AM
Salem Farm & Garden wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion of the LOM 180-250 hp engines? I am thinking
> about a homebuilt and like the price but have never seen one in person or
> talked with someone who flew behind one.

Jim Ayers has one in his RV-3, sorry don't have a email for him.
You asked about 180 to-250, I think his is only around 140hp.

http://www.moraviation.com/ayersrv3.html

Jerry

Larry Smith
July 22nd 03, 11:30 PM
"Salem Farm & Garden" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion of the LOM 180-250 hp engines? I am thinking
> about a homebuilt and like the price but have never seen one in person or
> talked with someone who flew behind one.

Here's a LOM you can listen to:

http://www.weebeastie.com/hatzcb1/snootvid.html

Prop turns backwards, though, and the snooty Hatz probably flies backwards.

Chris Heintz's 4-place STOL 801 is a candidate for the LOM too and several
examples can be seen by googling "LOM aircraft engine" under the images
topic.

The big LOMs are supercharged and the cases are magnesium alloy. I heard
one performing in a Zlin at Rutherfordton. Damn, did it sound good.

Google