PDA

View Full Version : lost thread on oxygen systems - recommendations sought

Marc CYBW
November 8th 06, 04:40 AM
Hi all,

Managed to somehow delete an old thread on oxygen systems and now I'm ready
to purchase. Any recommendations / comments on the relative merits of:

Mountain High
Aerox
SkyOx
Feather Lite

I'll use it for one to two hour stints of mountain flying in a 182

Thanks

--

Peter Duniho
November 8th 06, 08:07 AM
"Marc CYBW" > wrote in message
> Managed to somehow delete an old thread on oxygen systems

Google is your friend.

Ron Natalie
November 8th 06, 01:29 PM
Marc CYBW wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Managed to somehow delete an old thread on oxygen systems and now I'm ready
> to purchase. Any recommendations / comments on the relative merits of:
>
> Mountain High
> Aerox
> SkyOx
> Feather Lite
>
> I'll use it for one to two hour stints of mountain flying in a 182

None of the above. Get a Precise Flight (Nelson) unit with the
mechanical conserving regulators. Best deal and longest duration
system out there.

Ron Natalie
November 8th 06, 01:31 PM
Richard Riley wrote:

> I absolutely love the Mountain High. I have 2 of their old analog
> boxes (the new digital ones are half as large) and a small tank.
> Flying in the high teens, with 2 people, the 02 easily lasts coast to
> coast. With their transfer hose bottles are cheap to refill. I have a
> nonin O2 sat meter, my level never goes below 94, and is usually 98.

And the Precise Flight you get even longer life and you don't have
to worry about the battery in the MH system, and you can tweak up the
flow rates (the MH is a complete black box) if you want.

Mostly I was browned off on Mountain High because all they did was
carp about the fact that Nelsons numbers had to be lies in their booth
without actually saying anything differentially good about their product.

....and by the way, Nelson's claims for duration seem to have held
true for me.

Google