PDA

View Full Version : Re: Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Bill[_4_]
November 14th 06, 12:00 AM
I'm looking for a PDA program that will do wifi to allow duats flight
plans to be filed where there is a wireless hotspot like an FBO.

Probably would work thru DUATs.

Should be heavily template driven so that I only have to fill in a few
things.

Bill Hale

Peter wrote:
> I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
> calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.
>
> I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
> W&B envelope display:
>
> Aeroplanner
> Airplan
> Flightcalc
> Load Balance
> NavigaCE
> Niborex
> PocketFMS
> SA Flightcalc
> Teletype GPS
> WingX
>
> I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
> for 320x240...
>
> Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
> meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
> downloading and installing free trial versions :)
>
> Thank you for any feedback...
>
> Peter.
> --
> Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail.
> E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.
> Please do NOT copy usenet posts to email - it is NOT necessary.

John T
November 14th 06, 04:33 AM
"Bill" > wrote in message
ups.com

> Probably would work thru DUATs.
>
> Should be heavily template driven so that I only have to fill in a few
> things.

So, using DUAT/S itself doesn't make sense? :)

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer

Dave Butler[_1_]
November 14th 06, 03:21 PM
Bill wrote:
> I'm looking for a PDA program that will do wifi to allow duats flight
> plans to be filed where there is a wireless hotspot like an FBO.
>
> Probably would work thru DUATs.

How about "telnet direct.duats.com"? These PDAs do have telnet, don't they?

Dave

Google