PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary CAS Required

randall g
November 21st 06, 05:32 AM
Here in Vancouver BC, Nav Canada is proposing some airspace changes.
Among other things they are pushing "voluntary CAS (collision avoidance
system)" on the grounds that they believe it is affordable now. Is it
really? Anybody have this?

A cryptic PP presentation of the proposed changes is here:

http://navcanada.ca/ContentDefinitionFiles/Services/ANSPrograms/LevelOfService/consultations/VFR_Service_Proposals_EN.pdf

randall g =%^)> PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
http://www.telemark.net/randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
November 21st 06, 10:49 PM
"randall g" > wrote in message
> Here in Vancouver BC, Nav Canada is proposing some airspace changes.
> Among other things they are pushing "voluntary CAS (collision avoidance
> system)" on the grounds that they believe it is affordable now. Is it
> really? Anybody have this?
>
> A cryptic PP presentation of the proposed changes is here:
>
> http://navcanada.ca/ContentDefinitionFiles/Services/ANSPrograms/LevelOfService/consultations/VFR_Service_Proposals_EN.pdf
>

> randall g =%^)> PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
> http://www.telemark.net/randallg
> Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
> http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
> Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca

http://wingsandwheels.com/page4.htm

msrp $499 U.S.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Robert M. Gary
November 21st 06, 11:52 PM
I have PCAS in my Mooney and TIS in the 182. The PCAS can be useful to
get you to start looking around. However, at times it seems to be more
annoying. I'll get alarms that an aircraft is w/i .02 miles and never
see anything.

-Robert

randall g wrote:
> Here in Vancouver BC, Nav Canada is proposing some airspace changes.
> Among other things they are pushing "voluntary CAS (collision avoidance
> system)" on the grounds that they believe it is affordable now. Is it
> really? Anybody have this?
>
> A cryptic PP presentation of the proposed changes is here:
>
> http://navcanada.ca/ContentDefinitionFiles/Services/ANSPrograms/LevelOfService/consultations/VFR_Service_Proposals_EN.pdf
>

> randall g =%^)> PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
> http://www.telemark.net/randallg
> Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
> http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
> Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca

Vaughn Simon
November 22nd 06, 02:38 AM
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" <The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com> wrote in message
news:xPadnYBRK98MH_7YnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

> http://wingsandwheels.com/page4.htm
>
> msrp $499 U.S.

If my information is correct, that particular unit would be dandy in a
glider, but you won't be able to hear it in a typical light plane. It has that
tiny speaker and no way to connect to your headset or audio panel. To be of any
use, you would have to discipline yourself to include it in your visual scan.

Google