PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift

Lou
November 30th 06, 12:59 PM
I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
and
lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
Lou

DL
November 30th 06, 03:42 PM
Windsock

"Lou" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Larry Dighera
November 30th 06, 03:49 PM
On 30 Nov 2006 04:59:07 -0800, "Lou" > wrote in
. com>:

>I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
>and
>lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/koolscoop.php
Very popular with Piper owners who need quick, high volume ventilation
during ground operations on hot days. Kool Scoop is very easy to
mount; simply peel off the adhesive backing sealer and stick it in
place on the side window. It will fit any side window vent that does
not have a thick frame. Made of top quality plexiglass. Really
"scoops" the air from the outside to keep the pilot and passengers
comfortable. Window frame not included.

Description Part No. Price Buy
KOOL SCOOP LEFT HAND 13-03810 $28.65

Gig 601XL Builder
November 30th 06, 04:00 PM
"Lou" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Just give him cash. He probably needs it.

Just kidding. It depends on how much you want to spend. Maybe a couple of
hours of Aerobatic instruction.

Steve Foley
November 30th 06, 04:07 PM
"Lou" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Wheel Chocks
Pitot Cover
Power Tow
Cowl Plugs
Cabin Cover
Small Rechargable Vacuum
Jump-start battery pack
First Aid kit
Foil camping blanket
Rug Shampoo

Jose[_1_]
November 30th 06, 04:13 PM
> I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?

Some guy made a towbar that works in reverse - allowing one man (or one
woman) operations. You push from the wing root and can still steer.
I've seen it on the web but can't find it any more. If I owned an
archer I'd love such a device.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).

Grumman-581[_1_]
November 30th 06, 05:53 PM
On 30 Nov 2006 04:59:07 -0800, "Lou" > wrote:
> I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and lives on an airpark, any suggestions?

Garmin GPS 500?

Jay Honeck
November 30th 06, 08:25 PM
> I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?

Why, an Archer wind vane, of course! See ours here:

http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_wind_vanes.htm

(The artist makes smaller ones that can be installed without using a
cherry picker! ;-)

They are unique, great looking, cooler than a wind-sock, and garner a
lot of positive attention...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bob Noel
November 30th 06, 10:20 PM
In article . com>,
"Lou" > wrote:

> I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Offer to wash (and wax) his plane.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

FLAV8R[_1_]
December 1st 06, 12:23 AM
"Lou" > wrote in message ...
>I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Does he have a Hangar?
If not, then that would be a great Christmas present.
How about a fuel card with enough on it to fly for 10 hours?
Blue taxi lights from the runway to his house.
A hangar queen?

MTCW

David

Lou
December 1st 06, 01:06 AM
David,
Where would I get a fuel card? I live in northern IL and he lives in
MO.
Yes the plane is a hanger queen.
Lou

Crash Lander[_1_]
December 1st 06, 01:21 AM
"Steve Foley" > wrote in message
> "Lou" > wrote in message Wheel Chocks
> Pitot Cover
> Power Tow
> Cowl Plugs
> Cabin Cover
> Small Rechargable Vacuum
> Jump-start battery pack
> First Aid kit
> Foil camping blanket
> Rug Shampoo

LOL! You're not Lou's brother by any chance are you?
Oz Lander

FLAV8R[_1_]
December 1st 06, 02:12 AM
"Lou" > wrote in message...
> David,
> Where would I get a fuel card? I live in northern IL and he lives in
> MO.
> Yes the plane is a hanger queen.
> Lou

Ask his wife, girlfriend or flying buddies if they know where he normally
gets
his fuel.
More than likely there is an airport in the vicinity of his airpark where he
stops for fuel.
If you can find that out then you can go to Airnav.com and find out what
fuel company is on that field and check with them to find out if they offer
the fuel card.
If you know the name of the airpark where he lives and I can check
the surrounding airports for you.

David

Kingfish
December 1st 06, 04:29 AM
Lou wrote:
> I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a Piper Archer
> and
> lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
> Lou

Earplugs.

Jim Macklin
December 1st 06, 05:59 AM
Budget? A custom model of his plane with correct color
scheme and N number.

A nice Garmin 496.

A good pocket knife because everyone can use a good pocket
knife.

A copy of Robert N. Buck's book, WEATHER FLYING.

"Kingfish" > wrote in message
oups.com...

| Lou wrote:
| > I need to buy a christmas gift for my brother who owns a
Piper Archer
| > and
| > lives on an airpark, any suggestions?
| > Lou
|
| Earplugs.

Steve Foley
December 1st 06, 01:01 PM
"Crash Lander" > wrote in message
> "Steve Foley" > wrote in message
>> "Lou" > wrote in message Wheel Chocks
>> Pitot Cover
>> Power Tow
>> Cowl Plugs
>> Cabin Cover
>> Small Rechargable Vacuum
>> Jump-start battery pack
>> First Aid kit
>> Foil camping blanket
>> Rug Shampoo
>>

> LOL! You're not Lou's brother by any chance are you?
> Oz Lander

Nope, but that's my wishlist.

Gig 601XL Builder
December 1st 06, 02:39 PM
"Lou" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> David,
> Where would I get a fuel card? I live in northern IL and he lives in
> MO.
> Yes the plane is a hanger queen.
> Lou

You can get a pre-loaded Visa or MasterCard at most banks and most places
that sell fuel would accept it.

Google