PDA

View Full Version : Re: Carol Of The Bells disturbing Christmas

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 19th 06, 01:46 AM
Art S wrote:
> You reminded me of an experience years ago while working with a choral
> teacher here in NYC. He was rehearsing the Carol of the Bells and he
> stopped the group after a few moments and told the young men, 'boys, your
> ding dongs aren't long enough.'
>
> True story.
>
> Art

Was Dickless in the choir?

> <BubbaGump> wrote in message
> > Is it just me or is anyone else perplexed by why Carol Of The Bells is
> > a Christmas song? The lyrics are fine, but whenever I hear that
> > melody repeating over and over it immediately reminds me of the theme
> > song from some sort of horror movie, maybe Halloween or Jaws.
> >
> > Also, there's something about the repetition that makes it sound like
> > the person playing is going mad. I mean insane.
> >
> > Lastly, the loud overly done version that's played on the radio kind
> > of reminds me of a scene from an action movie where huge buildings or
> > blowing up.
> >
> > In any case, although I don't celebrate Christmas, this song has
> > always confused me because none of this imagery seems associated with
> > the idea of peaceful happy times.
> >
> > Weird.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 21st 06, 10:41 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Art S wrote:
> > > You reminded me of an experience years ago while working with a choral
> > > teacher here in NYC. He was rehearsing the Carol of the Bells and he
> > > stopped the group after a few moments and told the young men, 'boys,
> your
> > > ding dongs aren't long enough.'
> > >
> > > True story.
> > >
> > > Art
> >
> > Was Dickless in the choir?
>
> LOL!

Bet they played some ABBA!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 22nd 06, 03:42 AM
> wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> choral
> he
> > > your

> > > LOL!
> >
> > Bet they played some ABBA!
>
> That's even worse than the movie music.

I know. I was there. Remember? No need to remind me.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 22nd 06, 03:52 AM
> wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > oups.com...
> > > choral
> and
> > > he
> 'boys,

> > > That's even worse than the movie music.
> >
> > I know. I was there. Remember? No need to remind me.
>
> You're the one who brought it up. It's time to pluto the ABBA arrangements.

Its time to pluto Dickless and band music too.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 22nd 06, 04:21 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > oups.com...
> with a
> Bells
> > > and
> men,
> > > 'boys,

> > > You're the one who brought it up. It's time to pluto the ABBA
> arrangements.
> >
> > Its time to pluto Dickless and band music too.
>
> Didn't Tholen already get pluto'd? I wonder if his petition accomplished
> anything.

It wouldn't once he starts arguing with them. I think you know what I
mean.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 22nd 06, 09:23 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > with a
> > > Bells
> > > men,

> > > arrangements.

> > > Didn't Tholen already get pluto'd? I wonder if his petition
> accomplished
> > > anything.
> >
> > It wouldn't once he starts arguing with them. I think you know what I
> > mean.
>
> Good point.

Non sequitur and rather ironic.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 23rd 06, 12:49 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ps.com...
> message
> > > > > > > > >
> oups.com...
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> ups.com...
> working
> the
> young

> > > accomplished

> > > Good point.
> >
> > Non sequitur and rather ironic.
>
> What does that have to do with classical music?

On what basis do you make that k'lame?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 23rd 06, 05:44 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > > > > > > >
> oups.com...
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > oups.com...
> in
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > ups.com...
> > > working
> Carol of
> > > the
> the
> > > young

> ABBA

> what I

> > > What does that have to do with classical music?
> >
> > On what basis do you make that k'lame?
>
> Where is the alleged k'lame?

WDTHTDWDL?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 24th 06, 10:37 AM
wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > oups.com...
> in

> wrote
> > > in

> while
> > > Carol of
> told
> > > the

> the
> > > ABBA

> > > what I

> > > Where is the alleged k'lame?
> >
> > WDTHTDWDL?
>
> WDTHTDWOS2?

WDTHTDWCM?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 24th 06, 10:40 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:28:32 -0500, > wrote:
>
> >"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >message
> >> > > > > > > >
> oups.com...
> >> > > > > > > > > >
> ups.com...
> >working
> >the
> >young

> >> Non sequitur and rather ironic.
> >>

> >What does that have to do with classical music?
>
> What does classical music have to do with anything?

ITYM, WDCMHTDWA?

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 24th 06, 10:40 AM
wrote:
> "Art Deco" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:28:32 -0500, > wrote:
> >
> > >"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > >message
> > >> > > > > > > >
> > oups.com...
> > >> > > > > > > > > >
> > ups.com...
> > >working
> of
> > >the
> the
> > >young

> ABBA

> > >What does that have to do with classical music?
> >
> > What does classical music have to do with anything?
>
> It has its uses.
>
> http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2005_01/005415.php

A0L!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 25th 06, 10:41 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2006 02:40:04 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:

> >> ups.com...
> >> >> > > > > > > >
> >> oups.com...
> >> >> > > > > > > > > >
> >> ups.com...

> >> What does classical music have to do with anything?
> >
> >ITYM, WDCMHTDWA?
>
> Is that an approved acronym, Bruce? In other words, ITAAA?

Y. WDYA, C?

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 05:41 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 25 Dec 2006 02:41:59 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 24 Dec 2006 02:40:04 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Is that an approved acronym, Bruce? In other words, ITAAA?
> >
> >Y. WDYA, C?
>
> I always aks, Bruce. It's what I do, as the bishop said.

What does the bishop do, if youz don't mind my aksing, Carl?

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 11:41 PM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 25 Dec 2006 21:41:43 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 25 Dec 2006 02:41:59 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> I always aks, Bruce. It's what I do, as the bishop said.
> >
> >What does the bishop do, if youz don't mind my aksing, Carl?
>
> I'm glad you aksed, Bruce. He throws toys out of other people's cars
> when he's drunk.
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/17/nbish17.xml

A0L!! Irish too, I see. Must have thought he was Santa throwing toys
from his sleigh.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 11:42 PM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ps.com...
> message
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> ups.com...
> in

> wrote
> > > in

> > > wrote

> ago
> > > while
> the
> and
> > > told

> me.

> pluto
> > > the

> petition

> know

> > > WDTHTDWOS2?
> >
> > WDTHTDWCM?
>
> WDTHTDWPR?

WDTHTDWSC?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 27th 06, 09:35 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 26 Dec 2006 15:41:14 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 25 Dec 2006 21:41:43 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> I'm glad you aksed, Bruce. He throws toys out of other people's cars
> >> when he's drunk.
> >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/17/nbish17.xml
> >
> >A0L!! Irish too, I see. Must have thought he was Santa throwing toys
> >from his sleigh.
>
> The press have kindly not touched on that asspect, Bruce.

Why not, Carl? Were they sex toys meant for hoes or something?

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 28th 06, 08:36 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 27 Dec 2006 01:35:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 26 Dec 2006 15:41:14 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> The press have kindly not touched on that asspect, Bruce.
> >
> >Why not, Carl? Were they sex toys meant for hoes or something?
>
> Given the neighbourhood the subject car was parked in, I wouldn't at
> all be surprised, Bruce. Anal beads and the like. No wonder he was
> so offended that he started chucking them out!

Well, its one for the money, two for the ho ...

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 02:00 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2006 00:36:41 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 27 Dec 2006 01:35:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Given the neighbourhood the subject car was parked in, I wouldn't at
> >> all be surprised, Bruce. Anal beads and the like. No wonder he was
> >> so offended that he started chucking them out!
> >
> >Well, its one for the money, two for the ho ...
>
> Three to get randy, now no can go!

James Brown! Get Down! 6 feet to be precise.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 06:00 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2006 18:00:00 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 28 Dec 2006 00:36:41 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Three to get randy, now no can go!
> >
> >James Brown! Get Down! 6 feet to be precise.
>
> And stay down, boy!

I heard he was led kicking and screaming to his grave.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 31st 06, 09:50 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2006 22:00:15 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 29 Dec 2006 18:00:00 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> And stay down, boy!
> >
> >I heard he was led kicking and screaming to his grave.
>
> Nigras are like that, Bruce.

He'd been kicking and screaming for a long time, Carl. Perhaps he knew
something.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 1st 07, 10:44 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 31 Dec 2006 01:50:41 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 29 Dec 2006 22:00:15 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Nigras are like that, Bruce.
> >
> >He'd been kicking and screaming for a long time, Carl. Perhaps he knew
> >something.
>
> It was the drugz, Bruce. All nigras take drugz.

Ah, of course, the drugz.

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 2nd 07, 02:03 AM
Rodney Bowersox wrote:
> Tell that bint Carol Christmas is over.

Who is that bint Carol anyway?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 2nd 07, 06:33 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 1 Jan 2007 02:44:50 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 31 Dec 2006 01:50:41 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> It was the drugz, Bruce. All nigras take drugz.
> >
> >Ah, of course, the drugz.
>
> Goes without saying, Bruce.

It does, Carl? So what's worth saying then?

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Google