PDA

View Full Version : Re: Who was "Music Through the Night" announcer in the 80s?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 12:49 AM
7329 7270 Completely anal retentive kookdancing queen, Dickless Davie
7329 7270 the "irrelevaant" Ignoranus whined and
7329 7270 tholed like the antagonistic arsehole that he is:
> Clueless in Seattle wrote:
>
> > Back in the 80's we had a commercial-free classical music station out
> > here in Seattle called KUOW (which sadly has long since switched to a
> > nearlly all-talk format).
> >
> > Back in those days I was still young and energetic enough to be able to
> > sit up nearly all night working on projects while listening to the
> > radio. My program of choice was "Music Through the Night" which in the
> > mid to late 80s featured an announcer whose deliverly was so
> > understated that he seemed like a phantasm.
> >
> > I believe the show was produced by Minnesota Public Radio and may have
> > been distributed by American Public Radio or Public Radio International
> > or something like that. I seem to recall noticing that the distributor
> > was not NPR.
> >
> > Does anyone reading this recall that program, and more particularly,
> > the name of the announcer?
>
> Is this the person who would occasionally insert weather forecasts for
> selected portions of the country by saying something like "Prospects
> for the central time zone. Snow. In the northern plains." with a very
> slow delivery (his use of "prospects" was fairly frequent and rather
> distinctive of him)? If so, the name that comes to mind right now is
> Arthur Hayne (or Haine). I recall impersonating him once to get a
> laugh from a colleague who was all too familiar with his slow delivery.

You always were a bit slow, Dickless. Butt what does that have to do
with ne.weather?

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 05:01 AM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > 7329 7270 Completely anal retentive kookdancing queen, Dickless Davie
> > 7329 7270 the "irrelevaant" Ignoranus whined and
> > 7329 7270 tholed like the antagonistic arsehole that he is:

> the

> International
> distributor

> > > Is this the person who would occasionally insert weather forecasts for
> > > selected portions of the country by saying something like "Prospects
> > > for the central time zone. Snow. In the northern plains." with a very
> > > slow delivery (his use of "prospects" was fairly frequent and rather
> > > distinctive of him)? If so, the name that comes to mind right now is
> > > Arthur Hayne (or Haine). I recall impersonating him once to get a
> > > laugh from a colleague who was all too familiar with his slow delivery.
> >
> > You always were a bit slow, Dickless. Butt what does that have to do
> > with ne.weather?
>
> I keep getting email invitations to join some yahoogroup about weather -
> nw.weather must be infested with spammers as well as trolls.

Ask not for whom the poast trolls, for it trolls for thee.

> Merry Xmas, Bruce.

Xmas is over, Bruce. Its already Boxing Day down here.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 12:50 PM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ps.com...

> out
> to a

> able
> in
> > > the

> have
> > > International
> > > distributor

> particularly,

> for
> very
> is
> delivery.

> > > I keep getting email invitations to join some yahoogroup about weather -
> > > nw.weather must be infested with spammers as well as trolls.
> >
> > Ask not for whom the poast trolls, for it trolls for thee.
> >
> > > Merry Xmas, Bruce.
> >
> > Xmas is over, Bruce. Its already Boxing Day down here.
>
> Here too now. A couple of people gave me money, which I'm going to spend at
> the boxing day sales - I want some new CDs.

Luxury! I bet Dickless went out and bought some shellac 78's so he
could digitise them and take out the pops on his 0S/2.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 11:04 PM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > oups.com...
> Davie
> and

> station
> > > out
> switched
> > > to a

> be
> > > able
> the
> which
> > > in

> may
> > > have

> > > particularly,

> forecasts
> > > for
> "Prospects
> > > very
> rather
> now
> > > is
> > > delivery.

> do

> weather -

> > > Here too now. A couple of people gave me money, which I'm going to
> spend at
> > > the boxing day sales - I want some new CDs.
> >
> > Luxury! I bet Dickless went out and bought some shellac 78's so he
> > could digitise them and take out the pops on his 0S/2.
>
> LOL!

Why are you laughing? I'm sure Dickless will be completely serious in
this endevour. I even bet that right now he off scouring the four
corners of the Earth looking for 78s. Pop removal isn't just for LPs,
you know.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 26th 06, 11:14 PM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> Dickless
> > > Davie
> whined
> > > and

> > > station
> > > switched

> > > be
> listening to
> > > the
> > > which
> so

> and
> > > may
> the

> > > forecasts
> > > "Prospects
> with
> and
> > > rather
> right
> > > now
> get
> slow

> > > do

> > > weather -

> > > spend at

> > > LOL!
> >
> > Why are you laughing? I'm sure Dickless will be completely serious in
> > this endevour. I even bet that right now he off scouring the four
> > corners of the Earth looking for 78s.
>
> Haven't most of the good 78s been remastered already?

If I ever hear a good Caruso or Melba, I'll let you know.

> > Pop removal isn't just for LPs, you know.
>
> He'd better not try it on his ABBA recordings - there would be nothing left
> ;-)

Damn! That was going to be my next joke!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 27th 06, 12:27 AM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > Dickless
> > > whined
> is:

> music
> since

> enough
> > > listening to
> Night"
> was
> > > so

> Radio
> > > and
> Radio
> that
> > > the

> like
> plains."
> > > with
> frequent
> > > and
> > > right
> once to
> > > get
> > > slow

> have

> about

> > > Haven't most of the good 78s been remastered already?
> >
> > If I ever hear a good Caruso or Melba, I'll let you know.
>
> Thanks, but no thanks. The name is clarinet.fan, not opera.fan.

Do you think you'll find much good, pop-free clarinet music on old 78s?

> > > He'd better not try it on his ABBA recordings - there would be nothing
> left
> > > ;-)
> >
> > Damn! That was going to be my next joke!
>
> Sorry.

Next time.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 27th 06, 05:06 AM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > > > > > > >
> oups.com...
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> ps.com...
> Ignoranus
> he
> > > is:

> classical
> > > music
> > > since

> > > enough
> the
> > > Night"
> deliverly
> > > was

> Public
> > > Radio
> Public
> > > Radio
> > > that

> more

> weather
> > > like
> > > plains."
> > > frequent
> mind
> > > once to
> his

> that
> > > have

> > > about
> trolls.

> going

> so he

> in

> > > Thanks, but no thanks. The name is clarinet.fan, not opera.fan.
> >
> > Do you think you'll find much good, pop-free clarinet music on old 78s?
>
> Unlikely, escepially since I'm not even looking there. Most of the best
> clarinet music was written long after the age of 78s.

I don't even have a record player that can play old 78s. I bet Dickless
has an old hand crank one, though. Let's face it, its not like he can
hand crank anything else!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 27th 06, 09:31 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:33:41 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >message
> >> > > > > > > >
> oups.com...
> >> > > > > > > > > >
> ps.com...
> >Ignoranus
> >he

> >classical

> >the
> >deliverly

> >Public
> >Public

> >more

> >weather
> >mind
> >his

> >that

> >trolls.

> >going

> >so he

> >in

> >> Do you think you'll find much good, pop-free clarinet music on old 78s?
> >>

> >Unlikely, escepially since I'm not even looking there. Most of the best
> >clarinet music was written long after the age of 78s.
>
> Doesn't Woody Allen play the clarinet? Or am I thinking of Bill
> K'lintoon?

Maybe Acker Bilk.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 28th 06, 03:36 AM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > clarinet.fan wrote:
> > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...
> message
> > > message
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > oups.com...
> in
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > ps.com...
> queen,
> > > Ignoranus
> that
> > > he

> > > classical
> long

> energetic
> while
> Through
> > > the
> > > deliverly

> > > Public
> > > Public
> noticing

> and
> > > more

> > > weather
> something
> northern
> > > mind
> him
> with
> > > his

> does
> > > that

> yahoogroup
> > > trolls.

> thee.

> I'm
> > > going

> 78's
> > > so he

> serious
> > > in
> four

> 78s?
> > >
> > > Unlikely, escepially since I'm not even looking there. Most of the best
> > > clarinet music was written long after the age of 78s.
> >
> > I don't even have a record player that can play old 78s. I bet Dickless
> > has an old hand crank one, though.
>
> I wouln't have minded one of those when we had the power failure a few years
> ago. It was too quiet!

I can imagine.

> > Let's face it, its not like he can
> > hand crank anything else!
>
> LOL!

Shazam!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 28th 06, 08:38 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 27 Dec 2006 01:31:39 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:33:41 -0500, "clarinet.fan"

> >> ups.com...
> >> >> > > > > > > >
> >> oups.com...
> >> >> > > > > > > > > >
> >> ps.com...

> >> Doesn't Woody Allen play the clarinet? Or am I thinking of Bill
> >> K'lintoon?
> >
> >Maybe Acker Bilk.
>
> Acker Bilk and his Merry Ilk, Bruce?

Do mine eyes deceive me or did I just see an elk?

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 28th 06, 08:40 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:05:59 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Art Deco" > wrote in message
> >> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:47:56 -0500, "clarinet.fan"

> >message
> >> >> >> > > > > >
> ups.com...

> >in

> >Through

> >program,

> >insert
> >fairly
> >comes
> >impersonating
> >familiar

> >as

> >here.

> >78s?

> >best

> >> So what was it K'lintoon played? Was it a sexophone?
> >
> >LOL! That sounds about right.
>
> And the winner of today's cigar is.....clarinet fan!

Whatever you do, just don't smoke it! - Yul Bryner.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 29th 06, 08:48 AM
clarinet.fan wrote:
> "Art Deco" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:05:59 -0500, "clarinet.fan"
> > > wrote:

> message
> > >> >> >> > > >
> ups.com...
> > >message
> > >> >> >> > > > > >
> > ups.com...
> in

> wrote
> > >in

> kookdancing
> "irrelevaant"
> arsehole

> has

> projects
> > >Through
> whose
> phantasm.

> Minnesota
> or

> > >program,

> > >insert
> > >fairly
> > >comes
> > >impersonating
> > >familiar

> what

> well
> > >as

> for

> > >here.

> which

> shellac
> 0S/2.

> completely
> the

> opera.fan.

> old
> > >78s?

> > >best

> > >LOL! That sounds about right.
> >
> > And the winner of today's cigar is.....clarinet fan!
>
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031123.html

Looks like someone is blowing smoke up someone's arse.

> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060115.html

Ole!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 02:01 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2006 00:38:33 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 27 Dec 2006 01:31:39 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Acker Bilk and his Merry Ilk, Bruce?
> >
> >Do mine eyes deceive me or did I just see an elk?
>
> Deer oh deer, Bruce.

Don't buck the system, Carl.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 02:02 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2006 00:40:35 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:05:59 -0500, "clarinet.fan"

> >> ups.com...

> >> And the winner of today's cigar is.....clarinet fan!
> >
> >Whatever you do, just don't smoke it! - Yul Bryner.
>
> The President and I, Bruce?

Looks like we've got ourselves another winner. Give the man a cigar.

> --
> COOSN-266-06-39716
> Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy
> Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler
> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
> as designated by Brad Guth
>
> "Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
> attribution problems?"
> -- Dr. David Tholen

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 05:56 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2006 18:02:50 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 28 Dec 2006 00:40:35 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> The President and I, Bruce?
> >
> >Looks like we've got ourselves another winner. Give the man a cigar.
>
> Has he bent over, Bruce?

More like doubled up in pain, Carl.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 30th 06, 05:57 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2006 18:01:07 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 28 Dec 2006 00:38:33 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Deer oh deer, Bruce.
> >
> >Don't buck the system, Carl.
>
> I try to steer away from that sort of thing, Bruce.

Really, Carl? I always take the bull by the horns.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 31st 06, 05:18 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:35:17 -0500, > wrote:
>
> >"Art Deco" > wrote in message
> >> On 29 Dec 2006 21:56:26 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >message
> >> >> >> >> >> >>
> ups.com...
> >message
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >
> ups.com...
> >in message
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > >
> ups.com...
> >wrote in

> > wrote in
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > > > >

> oups.com...
> > wrote
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > > > > > >

> ps.com...
> >kookdancing
> >"irrelevaant"
> >antagonistic arsehole

> >commercial-free
> >(which sadly has

> >young and
> >on projects
> >"Music
> >announcer whose
> >a phantasm.

> >by Minnesota
> >Public Radio or
> >to recall

> >that

> >occasionally
> >by saying
> >In the
> >"prospects" was
> >name that
> >too

> >Dickless. Butt what

> >join some
> >spammers as well

> >it trolls for

> >Day down

> >money, which
> >CDs.

> >some shellac
> >his 0S/2.

> >completely
> >scouring the

> >already?

> >know.

> >opera.fan.

> >music on old

> >Most of the

> >of Bill

> >> Where exactly did youz put the cigar, Bruce, and was it lit at the
> >> time?
> >
> >We three kings of Orient are,
> >Smoking on a rubber cigar.
> >It was loaded,
> >it exploded.
> >BANG! [Pause].
> >
> >We two kings of Orient are,
> >Tried to smoke a rubber cigar
> >It was loaded,
> >it exploded.
> >BANG! [Pause].
> >
> >I one king of Orient are,
> >Puffing on a rubber cigar
> >It was loaded,
> >it exploded.
> >BANG! [Pause].
> >
> >Silent night...
>
> That Lewinsky broad should of got herself one of them!

What, a rubber, Carl? Well, it would have stopped the stain on her
dress at any rate.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
December 31st 06, 05:20 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2006 21:57:57 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 29 Dec 2006 18:01:07 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> I try to steer away from that sort of thing, Bruce.
> >
> >Really, Carl? I always take the bull by the horns.
>
> Don't have a cow, Bruce.

Careful, Carl. Or you'll get Foamy's goat.

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 1st 07, 11:06 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2006 21:18:31 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:

> >> ups.com...
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >
> >> ups.com...
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > >
> >> ups.com...

> >> oups.com...
> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > > > > > > >

> >> ps.com...

> >> That Lewinsky broad should of got herself one of them!
> >
> >What, a rubber, Carl? Well, it would have stopped the stain on her
> >dress at any rate.
>
> Butt not the stain on her character, Bruce.

Seems she came out of it better than he did, Carl.

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 1st 07, 11:10 AM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2006 21:20:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 29 Dec 2006 21:57:57 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Don't have a cow, Bruce.
> >
> >Careful, Carl. Or you'll get Foamy's goat.
>
> Speaking of which, Bruce, is goatse.cx still around?

In one form or another, Carl. Butt I think the site owner is being a
bit sheepish about it.

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 2nd 07, 01:47 AM
wrote:
> "Art Deco" > wrote in message
> > On 30 Dec 2006 21:18:31 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > > wrote:

> in

> wrote in

> wrote

> ups.com...

> retentive
> the

> KUOW

> still
> working
> choice was
> an
> like

> produced
> American
> seem

> recall

> country
> Snow.
> the
> recall
> was all

> for

> Boxing

> gave me
> new

> bought
> pops on

> will be
> he off

> let you

> clarinet.fan, not

> clarinet

> there.
> 78s.

> thinking

> cigar.

> > >What, a rubber, Carl? Well, it would have stopped the stain on her
> > >dress at any rate.
> >
> > Butt not the stain on her character, Bruce.
>
> Or the stain on his.

Out damn Spot!

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 2nd 07, 12:32 PM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 1 Jan 2007 03:10:06 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 30 Dec 2006 21:20:28 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Speaking of which, Bruce, is goatse.cx still around?
> >
> >In one form or another, Carl. Butt I think the site owner is being a
> >bit sheepish about it.
>
> Youz can't beat diversity, Bruce.

It gets a bit unbearable sometimes, Carl.

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Michael Baldwin, Bruce
January 2nd 07, 12:35 PM
Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> On 1 Jan 2007 03:06:05 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"
> > wrote:
>
> >Carl Osterwald AKA Art Deco wrote:
> >> On 30 Dec 2006 21:18:31 -0800, "Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

> >> Butt not the stain on her character, Bruce.
> >
> >Seems she came out of it better than he did, Carl.
>
> He certainly came, Bruce, but did she?

That probably depends on exactly what she did with the cigar, Carl. Was
it a Cuban?

> --
> Official "netcabal.com demon"

Google