PDA

View Full Version : State and National records question

Gary Emerson
January 22nd 07, 02:48 AM
I know I've seen this before, but can't find it. Somewhere there is a
document that states by what amount a State or National record must be
exceeded by to set a new record.

Anyone know where that might be?

Thanks

Gary

Todd
January 22nd 07, 04:54 PM
The quick short answer is FAI Sporting Code Section 3 paragraph: 3.1.4

If you are serious about this, visit http://www.fai.org/gliding/ and
download the Sporting Code ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp
).

You should also get the
General Section: (
http://www.fai.org/documents/sportingcode/GeneralSection_download ) and

Official Observers Guide: ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3c.pdf
)

SAA State Records: (
http://www.ssa.org/members/badgesandrecords/forms.asp )

Gary Emerson
January 22nd 07, 10:07 PM
Todd wrote:
> The quick short answer is FAI Sporting Code Section 3 paragraph: 3.1.4
>
> If you are serious about this, visit http://www.fai.org/gliding/ and
> download the Sporting Code ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp
> ).
>
> You should also get the
> General Section: (
> http://www.fai.org/documents/sportingcode/GeneralSection_download ) and
>
> Official Observers Guide: ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3c.pdf
> )
>
> SAA State Records: (
> http://www.ssa.org/members/badgesandrecords/forms.asp )

OK, either I'm clueless (which is possible) or what I'm looking for is
different.

If there is a US record for distance, say 1000 miles, then I think you
would have to exceed 1000 miles by more than an inch to earn a new
record. Seems like I read it was something like 10Km or 1%??

I don't think this is spelled out in the above links.

Anyone else know where I can find what I'm looking for?

January 22nd 07, 11:14 PM
See

3.0.4 World record margins

A new record claim must exceed the current value by 1 kilometre for
distance, 1 km/h for speed, and 3% for altitude.

It used to be 10 km for distance, 2 km/hr for speed.

John

Gary Emerson wrote:
> Todd wrote:
> > The quick short answer is FAI Sporting Code Section 3 paragraph: 3.1.4
> >
> > If you are serious about this, visit http://www.fai.org/gliding/ and
> > download the Sporting Code ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp
> > ).
> >
> > You should also get the
> > General Section: (
> > http://www.fai.org/documents/sportingcode/GeneralSection_download ) and
> >
> > Official Observers Guide: ( http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3c.pdf
> > )
> >
> > SAA State Records: (
> > http://www.ssa.org/members/badgesandrecords/forms.asp )
> >

> OK, either I'm clueless (which is possible) or what I'm looking for is
> different.
>
> If there is a US record for distance, say 1000 miles, then I think you
> would have to exceed 1000 miles by more than an inch to earn a new
> record. Seems like I read it was something like 10Km or 1%??
>
> I don't think this is spelled out in the above links.
>
> Anyone else know where I can find what I'm looking for?

Google