PDA

View Full Version : Need software upgrade for Bendix/King KLX-100 GPSCOMM

Stan
August 16th 03, 11:10 PM
Hello,

I just acquired a used KLX-100 and find that it has an older version of the
operating system installed (this is not the same as the aviation database,
which I also need to update). I am looking for version 2.0 or greater, and
the Bendix/King web site seems to offer no assistance. Does anyone have this
operating system software or know how I can get a copy? And since I'll be
needing the aviation database update, does anyone know where I can get that,
too?

Thanks in advance,
Stan

Darrel Toepfer
August 17th 03, 12:19 AM
"Stan" > wrote...
> Hello,
>
> I just acquired a used KLX-100 and find that it has an older version of
the
> operating system installed (this is not the same as the aviation database,
> which I also need to update). I am looking for version 2.0 or greater, and
> the Bendix/King web site seems to offer no assistance. Does anyone have
this
> operating system software or know how I can get a copy? And since I'll be
> needing the aviation database update, does anyone know where I can get
that,
> too?

https://www4.bendixking.com/Gps/download/klx_100.jsp

I normally don't crosspost, I'll let it slide this time since I'm adding:
rec.aviation.misc to see what is there...

Darrel Toepfer
August 18th 03, 01:46 AM
"Stan" > wrote...

> Hi Darrel,
>
> Thanks very much! I searched for "KLX-100" on various pages of the
> Bendix/King web site and found only the user's manual PDF files. I assumed
> it was more of a global search, but I guess it wasn't. Anyway, you've been
> real lifesaver (maybe literally)!

Well I went looking for the software after I purchased one on Barnstormers.
Turned out it had the most recent stuff anywayz. Now its in the shop getting
a new connector installed for the external GPS antenna...

I saved that link, not sure how I originally got there though, glad it
helped you out...

Google