PDA

View Full Version : Re: Tent camping in Camp Scholler?

Jerry
July 28th 03, 01:19 PM
Bill wrote:
> Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
> I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
> drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
> bring a bucket or what?

Hay I resemble that remark, or do you mean the four wheel kind of RVer? :-)

Jerry
RV-6 flying for 14 years

Dave Grosvenor
July 28th 03, 06:34 PM
My wife and I also did the minimalist camping thing at Oshkosh. Got a
nice camp site under the trees in Paul's Park, right near the
ablutions and camp store. Camping there was a pleasure.
Dave

(Bill) wrote in message >...
> Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
> I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
> drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
> bring a bucket or what?

Bill
July 28th 03, 11:54 PM
Jerry,
I was referring of course to the hefty folks towing their 31'+
Recreational Vehicle (RV) bloat craft, loaded down with sausage, beer,
and leaky septic systems. Combined with screaming kids, they truly
scare me.

Rest assured, I have the greatest respect for RV (as in Richard
Vansgrunsven) aircraft craftman & flyers. That is unless you spill
your beer on me. ;-)

P.S. Love RV's, but I'm too lazy to buck rivets myself so I'm
considering a basic Zodiac CH-601XL, or maybe even some "Sport Plane"
concoction. Will sort it out when I get there.

Jerry > wrote in message et>...
> Bill wrote:
> > Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
> > I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
> > drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
> > bring a bucket or what?
>
> Hay I resemble that remark, or do you mean the four wheel kind of RVer? :-)
>
> Jerry
> RV-6 flying for 14 years

Toks Desalu
July 29th 03, 09:28 PM
Let us know your final decision. And why?

"Bill" > wrote in message
m...
> Jerry,
> I was referring of course to the hefty folks towing their 31'+
> Recreational Vehicle (RV) bloat craft, loaded down with sausage, beer,
> and leaky septic systems. Combined with screaming kids, they truly
> scare me.
>
> Rest assured, I have the greatest respect for RV (as in Richard
> Vansgrunsven) aircraft craftman & flyers. That is unless you spill
> your beer on me. ;-)
>
> P.S. Love RV's, but I'm too lazy to buck rivets myself so I'm
> considering a basic Zodiac CH-601XL, or maybe even some "Sport Plane"
> concoction. Will sort it out when I get there.
>

> Jerry > wrote in message
et>...
> > Bill wrote:
> > > Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
> > > I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
> > > drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
> > > bring a bucket or what?
> >
> > Hay I resemble that remark, or do you mean the four wheel kind of RVer?
:-)

> > Jerry
> > RV-6 flying for 14 years

nuke
July 30th 03, 12:41 AM
I don't know about the drunken part, but there is a designated area where
the motorhome crowd can run their APUs all night to keep themselves cool &
the satellite TV going, without asphyxiating us lowly tent campers. Not all
"motorhomers" [dangerous to call them RVers on this ng :)] park in their
area in my experience, but most people are there to have a good time - not
to irritate others, & are usually cooperative. I've never had a real
problem with neighbours in the either the aircraft camping area or Camp
Scholler & I've been going since the late 70s.

Shower rooms can be a bit of a hike from some parts of the campground.
There are portable toilets here and there as well. Here's a link to a map
of the campground
http://www.airventure.org/2003/about/camp_scholler_map.html

Don't worry - be happy. Just show up, pitch your tent & have some fun.
nuke
"Bill" > wrote in message
m...
> Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
> I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
> drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
> bring a bucket or what?

Google