PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Capt. Doug"

February 8th 07, 02:28 PM
Hello there,

I am look for a person called "Capt. Doug". His email address was
, however this no longer appears to be
working. He last posted in Nov 2004.

Can anyone help please?

Kind regards, Simon

February 8th 07, 02:32 PM
Can you send the response to this forum and to
.

Cheers, Simon

Peter R.
February 8th 07, 02:34 PM
On 2/8/2007 9:28:04 AM, wrote:

> I am look for a person called "Capt. Doug". His email address was
> , however this no longer appears to be
> working. He last posted in Nov 2004.

According to Google Groups he is still very active here, his last post being
January 30th, 2007, or thereabouts.

Chances are very good, then, that he will read your query firsthand.

--
Peter

Bill Denton
February 8th 07, 03:40 PM
Just a guess, but you might try "worldnet.att.net".

I don't recall ever having seen "theworldnet"...

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello there,
>
> I am look for a person called "Capt. Doug". His email address was
> , however this no longer appears to be
> working. He last posted in Nov 2004.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Kind regards, Simon

February 8th 07, 03:49 PM
Thanks - fingers crossed!

Morgans
February 8th 07, 10:15 PM
> wrote

> I am look for a person called "Capt. Doug". His email address was
> , however this no longer appears to be
> working. He last posted in Nov 2004.

I'm sure he will be pleased that you posted his e-mail address, un-munged,
for all of the spambots to pick up.
--
Jim in NC

Capt.Doug
February 10th 07, 04:34 AM
>"Morgans" wrote in message
> I'm sure he will be pleased that you posted his e-mail address, un-munged,
> for all of the spambots to pick up.

Fortunately he posted the munged version.

D.

Capt.Doug
February 10th 07, 04:34 AM
> wrote in message > Thanks - fingers
crossed!

I have e-mailed a response to you. Additionally, I'll see if I can dig up
the registrations. If I find them, I"ll forward them.

As a Usenet courtesy, I don't post other posters' unaltered e-mail
addresses. Spambots pick up these addresses and and distribute them to spam
lists. Notice the change I made to your address above. Cheers.

D.

B A R R Y
February 10th 07, 12:29 PM
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:15:19 -0500, "Morgans" >
wrote:

>I'm sure he will be pleased that you posted his e-mail address, un-munged,
>for all of the spambots to pick up.

The one you reposted? <G>

Morgans
February 10th 07, 04:10 PM
"B A R R Y" > wrote

> The one you reposted? <G>

So are you afraid you might be run over by a steam roller, twice?

Once the damage is done, it is given to the spambots, it is done. Twice
hurts no more.
--
Jim in NC

B A R R Y
February 11th 07, 12:38 AM
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:10:03 -0500, "Morgans" >
wrote:
>So are you afraid you might be run over by a steam roller, twice?
>
>Once the damage is done, it is given to the spambots, it is done. Twice
>hurts no more.

If you say so, fine.

My background says that more spiders grab information from two posts
than one.

'net bots aren't steamrollers.

Morgans
February 11th 07, 12:57 AM
"B A R R Y" > wrote

> If you say so, fine.
>
> My background says that more spiders grab information from two posts
> than one.
>
> 'net bots aren't steamrollers.

My word is far from authoritive on the subject. I would not have thought
that twice would be worse than once, since it is out there for long enough
in the archives for every bot to have harvested it. I could be wrong.

I had intended to clean that off of the post, but missed it. That is what
happens when you get in a hurry, I guess.

At least no harm was done, since that was a munged address.

See ya.
--
Jim in NC

B A R R Y
February 11th 07, 12:42 PM
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:57:15 -0500, "Morgans" >
wrote:

>At least no harm was done, since that was a munged address.

I agree. <G>

February 12th 07, 11:20 PM
Folks thanks for all your help. Also I do want to appologise for my
mistake with the email addresses. It was not intentional and I won'd
make the same mistake.

Cheers, Simon

Morgans
February 12th 07, 11:25 PM
> Folks thanks for all your help. Also I do want to appologise for my
> mistake with the email addresses. It was not intentional and I won'd
> make the same mistake.

You might, but you will be more careful about that mistake, and find another
mistake to make. <g>

That is the way it is for me, anyway. I keep finding new, innovative ways
to screw up. :-)
--
Jim in NC

B A R R Y[_2_]
February 13th 07, 12:20 PM
Morgans wrote:

> That is the way it is for me, anyway. I keep finding new, innovative
> ways to screw up. :-)

I know the feeling well. <G>

Google