PDA

View Full Version : Re: Frogs get Gigged

Grumpy AuContraire
November 8th 06, 05:11 PM
Ray O'Hara wrote:

> <mrorwell> wrote in message
> 54...
> > > I'd hate to see another project get canned because it was too much too
> > soon.
> >
> > Too much too soon? It looks like too little, too late. The delays show
> > that they really weren't ready to roll it out and promise production.
> >
> > Just my $0.02 worth.
>
> they over promised and are paying the price.

Kind of reminds me when the RR engine problems cropped up on the "new"
L-10ll and production was delayed about a year. That clearly resulted
in the financial success of the DC-10 even though the L-1011 was a
superior design that would prove itself, (safety and dependability), in
service over the long term.

JT

Google