PDA

View Full Version : Re: Westach Combined EGT/CHT Gauge

Jim Weir
August 28th 03, 08:14 PM
(Snowbird)

-
->Can you expand on this? It was at least one mechanic's opinion
->it was not suitable for installation in certificated aircraft.

Happy to. To quote from an FAA publication, "...it is the INSTALLING MECHANIC'S
opinion as to the airworthiness of a repair or modification...". You don't like
one mechanic's opinion? Find another mechanic.

->
->I have no dog in the fight (it came out of mine for an upgrade,
->and it appears identical to the FAA-approved unit). I just wouldn't
->want anyone to buy it from me and have their IA refuse to sign it
->off or run into some other hassle.

You are doing it bass-ackwards. You find the IA *first* and run it by them
before you buy it. Don't like that IA's opinion, find another IA.

Jim "we don't need no steenking IAs around here" Weir

http://www.rst-engr.com

Snowbird
August 29th 03, 02:48 AM
Jim Weir > wrote in message >...
> (Snowbird)
> shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
> ->Can you expand on this? It was at least one mechanic's opinion
> ->it was not suitable for installation in certificated aircraft.

> Happy to. To quote from an FAA publication, "...it is the INSTALLING
> MECHANIC'S opinion as to the airworthiness of a repair or modification...".
> You don't like one mechanic's opinion? Find another mechanic.

> -> I just wouldn't
> ->want anyone to buy it from me and have their IA refuse to sign it
> ->off or run into some other hassle.

> You are doing it bass-ackwards. You find the IA *first* and run it by them
> before you buy it. Don't like that IA's opinion, find another IA.

Um, not me, Jim. I'm *selling* it.

I assume your opinion is it's airworthy...getting back to the original
topic, anyone near Grass Valley wanna buy my Westach CHT/EGT? There's
at least one local A&P/IA who will sign it off....

Cheers,
Sydney

Google