PDA

View Full Version : Re: MARINE AIRSHOW - "YIMG_1179.jpg" 104.6 KBytes

David Dyer-Bennet
November 9th 06, 05:59 PM
Manual exposure, Patricia! Or at least exposure compensation. This
whole set is more than a stop underexposed, consistently.

November 10th 06, 05:46 AM
On 9-Nov-2006, David Dyer-Bennet > wrote:

It was dark, rainiy, cold and dark, very dark. I tried to open the exposure
and then the colors (such as they were) washed out, the photos depict exatly
as it was because it was dark that day, did I say that before?

Peter Hucker
November 11th 06, 06:54 PM
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 05:46:23 -0000, > wrote:

> On 9-Nov-2006, David Dyer-Bennet > wrote:
>

> It was dark, rainiy, cold and dark, very dark. I tried to open the exposure
> and then the colors (such as they were) washed out, the photos depict exatly
> as it was because it was dark that day, did I say that before?

It's always better to under expose than over expose.

At airshows I take a couple of shots and check the histogram on the camera. I never allow it to go off the right hand end.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

November 13th 06, 07:24 AM
On 11-Nov-2006, "Peter Hucker" > wrote:

> It's always better to under expose than over expose.
>
> At airshows I take a couple of shots and check the histogram on the
> camera. I never allow it to go off the right hand end.

Thanks for the advice. I shall try it.

Google