PDA

View Full Version : Under Entirely New Management, pt 4 - mac-173.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman
November 10th 06, 12:32 PM

Frank[_2_]
November 10th 06, 02:45 PM
Mitchell Holman > wrote in
:

> .

Paul Elliot
November 10th 06, 03:11 PM
Mitchell Holman wrote:

Whoa,THAT looks really strange! The ill-begotten offspring of a
Supermarine/Messerschmidt liason.

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul1cart/my_photos

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Paul Elliot
November 10th 06, 03:21 PM
Frank wrote:

> Mitchell Holman > wrote in
> :
>

>>begin 644 mac-173.jpg
>>
>>Attachment decoded: mac-173.jpg
>>`
>>end
>>

> Is it my imaginagtion, or does this Spit have a BMW or JUMO engine? i
> didn't think the normal engine housing sloped so far down at the pointy
> end.

Looks like it, but not quite as obvious as the DB601 engine conversion
seen earlier.

--
PC Paul
89 PC800
77 R100RS

Trip pics at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul1cart/my_photos

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Orval Fairbairn
November 10th 06, 04:34 PM
In article >,
Frank > wrote:

> Mitchell Holman > wrote in
> :
>

> > begin 644 mac-173.jpg
> >
> > Attachment decoded: mac-173.jpg
> > `
> > end
> >

> Is it my imaginagtion, or does this Spit have a BMW or JUMO engine? i
> didn't think the normal engine housing sloped so far down at the pointy
> end.

The Germans installed DBs in a couple of Spits and improved performance.

Google