PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Museum USAF-Assorted 11-10-06 - SR-71 fvr NMUSAF 11-10-06.JPG (1/1)

Blue Oval
November 11th 06, 03:10 AM

HEMI-Powered
November 11th 06, 01:37 PM
Today, Blue Oval made these interesting comments ...

> Attachment decoded: SR-71 fvr NMUSAF 11-10-06.JPG

Great series of pictures, Dan! Cars are tough enough to shoot in a
museum, but really huge airplanes are a true challenge, one you met
admirably.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Blue Oval/Dan Edwards
November 11th 06, 02:08 PM
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Today, Blue Oval made these interesting comments ...
>
> > Attachment decoded: SR-71 fvr NMUSAF 11-10-06.JPG
>
> Great series of pictures, Dan! Cars are tough enough to shoot in a
> museum, but really huge airplanes are a true challenge, one you met
> admirably.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry

Thank you kindly my friend!! As you know, the lighting at the NMUSAF is
/not/ photographer friendly so I had to do some serious enhancing of light
and contrast once they were uploaded to my computer. Thou hast taught me
well!!

Dan

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
November 12th 06, 01:03 PM
Today, Blue Oval/Dan Edwards made these interesting comments ...

>> Great series of pictures, Dan! Cars are tough enough to shoot
>> in a museum, but really huge airplanes are a true challenge,
>> one you met admirably.
>
> Thank you kindly my friend!! As you know, the lighting at the
> NMUSAF is /not/ photographer friendly so I had to do some
> serious enhancing of light and contrast once they were
> uploaded to my computer. Thou hast taught me well!!

You're most welcome. If you'd like some more pointers, try PSP 9
where I can give you specific help - not that you need much, you're
doing great on these museum pics where the flash won't reach and
your outdoor car show pics are outstanding.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Peter Hucker
November 13th 06, 11:08 PM
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:03:58 -0000, HEMI-Powered > wrote:

> Today, Blue Oval/Dan Edwards made these interesting comments ...
>
>>> Great series of pictures, Dan! Cars are tough enough to shoot
>>> in a museum, but really huge airplanes are a true challenge,
>>> one you met admirably.
>>
>> Thank you kindly my friend!! As you know, the lighting at the
>> NMUSAF is /not/ photographer friendly so I had to do some
>> serious enhancing of light and contrast once they were
>> uploaded to my computer. Thou hast taught me well!!
>>
> You're most welcome. If you'd like some more pointers, try PSP 9
> where I can give you specific help - not that you need much, you're
> doing great on these museum pics where the flash won't reach and
> your outdoor car show pics are outstanding.

What is 9 like? I use 7, tried 8 beta when it first came out, and hated the interface.

Thought for the Day:
The Bible teaches us to love your neighbour, and the Kama Sutra explains how.

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
November 14th 06, 07:36 PM
Today, Peter Hucker made these interesting comments ...

>> You're most welcome. If you'd like some more pointers, try
>> PSP 9 where I can give you specific help - not that you need
>> much, you're doing great on these museum pics where the flash
>> won't reach and your outdoor car show pics are outstanding.
>
> What is 9 like? I use 7, tried 8 beta when it first came out,
> and hated the interface.

9 is VERY different than 7, but almost identical to 8. It is WELL
worth the learning curve, though. Besides key features like DCNR
(Digital Camera Noise Reduction), the tools and functions are
greatly expanded over 7. And, 9 is almost infinitely customizable,
so once you have the GUI the way you like,you can save it to what
are called "workspaces". I am NOT upgrading PSP any more, though.
Corel f__ked up PXP X and made it even worse with XI, so I will
stay on 9 until it dies. It is a GOOD app, give it a try, albeit
you'll have a tough time buying it except on eBay

--
HP, aka Jerry

Peter Hucker
November 14th 06, 11:24 PM
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:36:45 -0000, HEMI-Powered > wrote:

> Today, Peter Hucker made these interesting comments ...
>
>>> You're most welcome. If you'd like some more pointers, try
>>> PSP 9 where I can give you specific help - not that you need
>>> much, you're doing great on these museum pics where the flash
>>> won't reach and your outdoor car show pics are outstanding.
>>
>> What is 9 like? I use 7, tried 8 beta when it first came out,
>> and hated the interface.
>>
> 9 is VERY different than 7, but almost identical to 8.

Uh oh....

> It is WELL
> worth the learning curve, though. Besides key features like DCNR
> (Digital Camera Noise Reduction), the tools and functions are
> greatly expanded over 7.

There's more tools than I'll ever use in 7!

> And, 9 is almost infinitely customizable,
> so once you have the GUI the way you like,you can save it to what
> are called "workspaces". I am NOT upgrading PSP any more, though.
> Corel f__ked up PXP X and made it even worse with XI, so I will
> stay on 9 until it dies. It is a GOOD app, give it a try, albeit
> you'll have a tough time buying it except on eBay

I do not understand "buy" :-)

"O'Ryan," asked the druggist, "did that mudpack I gave you improve your wife's appearance?"
"It did, surely," replied O'Ryan, "but it keeps fallin' off!"

Google