PDA

View Full Version : Re: Beer Served to Pilots in Iowa -- All Survive!

Al Gerharter
July 28th 03, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the update, sir. I hope to join you next year. Good luck with
the hotel. Al Gerharter, Roseburg, or.

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> Normally I wouldn't post about our own party, but since no one in
attendance
> will be able to post until after Oshkosh, I thought I might post a little
> round up for those who couldn't make it:
>
> a) Many beers were served. In fact, we had to buy more beer mid-way
through
> the evening. No injuries were reported.
> b) Momentary shame was felt by all in attendance. It passed.
> c) A toast to Larry was drunk. (Drank?)
> d) Volleyball was played in the pool by scantily clad people.
> e) Some of us danced.
> f) Much food was consumed.
> g) We ran out of chairs, and people were forced to eat on their laps. (I
> hate that!)
> h) Barnyard Bob and Jim Weir are even more crazy in person than they are
on
> line! :)
>
> Despite iffy weather all day long that kept many pilots away (my phone
rang
> all day long with guys apologizing for being "stuck in Kansas City"), the
> weather was PERFECT for a pool party and we are filled to capacity tonight
> with folks who drove or flew in unexpectedly. We've got folks here from
> California, Arizona, New Zealand (!), and all points in between!
>
> In short, our First Annual Pre-Oshkosh Pool Party was a rousing success.
> We're already planning for 2004!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Dave S
July 29th 03, 05:05 AM
Hope to make it next year,. Jay.. and I plan to bring some friends...

Dave in Houston

Jay Honeck wrote:

> Normally I wouldn't post about our own party, but since no one in attendance
> will be able to post until after Oshkosh, I thought I might post a little
> round up for those who couldn't make it:
>
> a) Many beers were served. In fact, we had to buy more beer mid-way through
> the evening. No injuries were reported.
> b) Momentary shame was felt by all in attendance. It passed.
> c) A toast to Larry was drunk. (Drank?)
> d) Volleyball was played in the pool by scantily clad people.
> e) Some of us danced.
> f) Much food was consumed.
> g) We ran out of chairs, and people were forced to eat on their laps. (I
> hate that!)
> h) Barnyard Bob and Jim Weir are even more crazy in person than they are on
> line! :)
>
> Despite iffy weather all day long that kept many pilots away (my phone rang
> all day long with guys apologizing for being "stuck in Kansas City"), the
> weather was PERFECT for a pool party and we are filled to capacity tonight
> with folks who drove or flew in unexpectedly. We've got folks here from
> California, Arizona, New Zealand (!), and all points in between!
>
> In short, our First Annual Pre-Oshkosh Pool Party was a rousing success.
> We're already planning for 2004!

Jim Weir
August 5th 03, 04:25 PM
I resemble that remark {;-)

Jim

"Jay Honeck" >

->h) Barnyard Bob and Jim Weir are even more crazy in person than they are on
->line! :)

http://www.rst-engr.com

Google