PDA

View Full Version : For Mitchell Holman - MiG 21F NMUSAF 11-10-06.JPG (1/1)

Blue Oval
November 11th 06, 04:57 AM

David Hartung
November 11th 06, 12:44 PM
Blue Oval wrote:

Is the missile an AIM 9B, or is it an actual ATOLL?

Blue Oval/Dan Edwards
November 11th 06, 01:08 PM
"David Hartung" > wrote in message
. ..
> Blue Oval wrote:
>
> Is the missile an AIM 9B, or is it an actual ATOLL?

David,
I attached a pic of a Sidewinder from Wikipedia and it is different from
the one attached to the Mig's hardpoint. I will have to go back to the
Museum and ask the volunteers if they know and get the answer back to you.
Plus, I'll get you a more detailed shot of the missile. Fortunately, I live
within 5 minutes drive from the NMUSAF and will have an answer for you in
fairly short order.

Dan Edwards

Blue Oval/Dan Edwards
November 11th 06, 09:41 PM
"David Hartung" > wrote in message
. ..
> Blue Oval wrote:
>
> Is the missile an AIM 9B, or is it an actual ATOLL?

It's an AIM 9B on that MiG. Check out the AIM 9B's on the F-4C I have
attached from my other series taken at the NMUSAF. They're identical.

Dan

Dick[_2_]
November 14th 06, 03:19 PM
The yellow and brown color bands identify it as a US made 9B Sidewinder.
Dick...

"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" > wrote in message
. ..

> "David Hartung" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Blue Oval wrote:
>>
>> Is the missile an AIM 9B, or is it an actual ATOLL?
>
> It's an AIM 9B on that MiG. Check out the AIM 9B's on the F-4C I have
> attached from my other series taken at the NMUSAF. They're identical.
>
> Dan

Google