PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Loans

Jason M
September 6th 03, 10:31 AM
Who better to speak to about aircraft loans than an FAA Pilot examiner and
flight instructor.

Dave Southard can offer advice on buying your plane...

http://allaircraftloans.com

Stu Gotts
September 6th 03, 12:14 PM
And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
he's probably the very best to go to.

Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.

Wondering about that funny growth on your genitals? Get down to the
local FBO and seek the advice of an FAA Pilot examiner and flight
instructor. Who better?

Jason, I sincerely hope you run your life with better logic!

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:31:38 GMT, "Jason M"
> wrote:

>Who better to speak to about aircraft loans than an FAA Pilot examiner and
>flight instructor.
>
>Dave Southard can offer advice on buying your plane...
>
>http://allaircraftloans.com

Jason M
September 6th 03, 11:46 PM
Well, seems like pretty good logic to me... I'm going to buy an airplane,
so I'd want to speak with someone who has experience, and since Dave has
over 30 years of experience, flies everyday, owns several airplanes, and has
knowledge about many different aircraft and what they're value is, it seems
like good logic to me. That coupled with the fact that the president of the
bank he is working with gave Dave his first aircraft loan nearly 30 years
ago and the fact that he will give advice no matter if you intend to get a
loan from that bank or not seems like a no-brainer...

What would be better? Talking to some loan officer who has never even flown
an airplane? Or talking to an aircraft salesman about in-house financing?
I guess whatever you're comfortable with, or maybe if you're a veteran pilot
and you don't need the advice???

I don't see the logic in your reply... A post to offer people a resource
for advice... FREE advice, so it's not like I'm selling anything... And you
didn't even say anything related to the post, just a bunch of "Illogical"
crap...

Anyways, Have a nice day,
Jason

"Stu Gotts" > wrote in message
> And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
> he's probably the very best to go to.
>
> Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
> checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.
>
> Wondering about that funny growth on your genitals? Get down to the
> local FBO and seek the advice of an FAA Pilot examiner and flight
> instructor. Who better?
>
> Jason, I sincerely hope you run your life with better logic!
>

> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:31:38 GMT, "Jason M"
> > wrote:
>
> >Who better to speak to about aircraft loans than an FAA Pilot examiner
and
> >flight instructor.
> >
> >Dave Southard can offer advice on buying your plane...
> >
> >http://allaircraftloans.com

Kyler Laird
September 7th 03, 02:19 PM
"Jason M" > writes:

>> >Who better to speak to about aircraft loans than an FAA Pilot examiner
>and
>> >flight instructor.

>> And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
>> he's probably the very best to go to.
>>
>> Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
>> checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.

>Well, seems like pretty good logic to me... I'm going to buy an airplane,
>so I'd want to speak with someone who has experience, and since Dave has
>over 30 years of experience, flies everyday, owns several airplanes, and has
>knowledge about many different aircraft and what they're value is, it seems
>like good logic to me. That coupled with the fact that the president of the
>bank he is working with gave Dave his first aircraft loan nearly 30 years
>ago and the fact that he will give advice no matter if you intend to get a
>loan from that bank or not seems like a no-brainer...

Yet you didn't post any of those qualifications. Instead you just
said that he's an examiner and instructor. I've been misinformed
on various subjects by examiners and instructors, so I'm slow to
believe they are necessarily omniscient.

>What would be better? Talking to some loan officer who has never even flown
>an airplane?

If it's down between someone who knows how to get through a flight
test and someone who knows about loans, I'd pick the loan guy if I
am pursuing a loan.

--kyler

Stu Gotts
September 7th 03, 04:10 PM
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 22:46:34 GMT, "Jason M"
> wrote:

>Well, seems like pretty good logic to me... I'm going to buy an airplane,
>so I'd want to speak with someone who has experience, and since Dave has
>over 30 years of experience, flies everyday, owns several airplanes, and has
>knowledge about many different aircraft and what they're value is, it seems
>like good logic to me. That coupled with the fact that the president of the
>bank he is working with gave Dave his first aircraft loan nearly 30 years
>ago and the fact that he will give advice no matter if you intend to get a
>loan from that bank or not seems like a no-brainer...
>
>What would be better? Talking to some loan officer who has never even flown
>an airplane? Or talking to an aircraft salesman about in-house financing?
>I guess whatever you're comfortable with, or maybe if you're a veteran pilot
>and you don't need the advice???

Unfortunately, you're not looking for airplane advice, you're looking
for money advice. Does one consult his neighbor about a home
mortgage? I would hope if he did, the neighbor would be a money man,
not only just a homeowner. So to answer your question, when talking
about money, you need to speak with a money man. When talking about
flight characteristics, talk to the flyer.

>I don't see the logic in your reply... A post to offer people a resource
>for advice... FREE advice, so it's not like I'm selling anything... And you
>didn't even say anything related to the post, just a bunch of "Illogical"
>crap...

Obviously, since you posted the original message, I can see why you
wouldn't. Nothing illogical about my reply to those who can
understand it, so I strongly suggest you look back into it and try
hard to understand the logic. It just may save you thousands of
dollars. Unless you're not interested in that, and you're only
looking to borrow pin money.

>Anyways, Have a nice day,
>Jason

Thanks, you too!

>"Stu Gotts" > wrote in message
>> And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
>> he's probably the very best to go to.
>>
>> Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
>> checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.
>>
>> Wondering about that funny growth on your genitals? Get down to the
>> local FBO and seek the advice of an FAA Pilot examiner and flight
>> instructor. Who better?
>>
>> Jason, I sincerely hope you run your life with better logic!
>>

>> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:31:38 GMT, "Jason M"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Who better to speak to about aircraft loans than an FAA Pilot examiner
>and
>> >flight instructor.
>> >
>> >Dave Southard can offer advice on buying your plane...
>> >
>> >http://allaircraftloans.com

Jason M
September 7th 03, 10:26 PM
Well, It's free advice... If anyone wants to give it a go, the resource is
there... Of course everyone should use their own judgement about what
"GOOD" advice is, but my point is, "I" feel like this resource is a GOOD
one... Just my opinion, that I thought I'd share...

"Kyler Laird" > wrote in message

> >and
>
> >> And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
> >> he's probably the very best to go to.
> >>
> >> Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
> >> checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.
>
> >Well, seems like pretty good logic to me... I'm going to buy an
airplane,
> >so I'd want to speak with someone who has experience, and since Dave has
> >over 30 years of experience, flies everyday, owns several airplanes, and
has
> >knowledge about many different aircraft and what they're value is, it
seems
> >like good logic to me. That coupled with the fact that the president of
the
> >bank he is working with gave Dave his first aircraft loan nearly 30 years
> >ago and the fact that he will give advice no matter if you intend to get
> >loan from that bank or not seems like a no-brainer...
>
> Yet you didn't post any of those qualifications. Instead you just
> said that he's an examiner and instructor. I've been misinformed
> on various subjects by examiners and instructors, so I'm slow to
> believe they are necessarily omniscient.
>
> >What would be better? Talking to some loan officer who has never even
flown
> >an airplane?
>
> If it's down between someone who knows how to get through a flight
> test and someone who knows about loans, I'd pick the loan guy if I
> am pursuing a loan.
>
> --kyler

Jason M
September 7th 03, 10:26 PM
Somone might be looking for airplane advice... People call him all the time
to ask if "whatever" plane is a good deal or "is it worth it..."

There's nothing wrong with getting advice from many different people... I
found a guy who is an excellent resource for advice on money and
airplanes... SO I DECIDED TO SHARE IT.... The rest is up the readers as to
if they want to use the resource or not, and then, of course they can decide
if it's a good resrouce...

So I don't see why this had to turn into anything more than the single post
it began as...

"Stu Gotts" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 22:46:34 GMT, "Jason M"
> > wrote:
>
> >Well, seems like pretty good logic to me... I'm going to buy an
airplane,
> >so I'd want to speak with someone who has experience, and since Dave has
> >over 30 years of experience, flies everyday, owns several airplanes, and
has
> >knowledge about many different aircraft and what they're value is, it
seems
> >like good logic to me. That coupled with the fact that the president of
the
> >bank he is working with gave Dave his first aircraft loan nearly 30 years
> >ago and the fact that he will give advice no matter if you intend to get
> >loan from that bank or not seems like a no-brainer...
> >
> >What would be better? Talking to some loan officer who has never even
flown
> >an airplane? Or talking to an aircraft salesman about in-house
financing?
> >I guess whatever you're comfortable with, or maybe if you're a veteran
pilot
> >and you don't need the advice???
>
> Unfortunately, you're not looking for airplane advice, you're looking
> for money advice. Does one consult his neighbor about a home
> mortgage? I would hope if he did, the neighbor would be a money man,
> not only just a homeowner. So to answer your question, when talking
> about money, you need to speak with a money man. When talking about
> flight characteristics, talk to the flyer.
> >
> >I don't see the logic in your reply... A post to offer people a resource
> >for advice... FREE advice, so it's not like I'm selling anything... And
you
> >didn't even say anything related to the post, just a bunch of "Illogical"
> >crap...
>
> Obviously, since you posted the original message, I can see why you
> wouldn't. Nothing illogical about my reply to those who can
> understand it, so I strongly suggest you look back into it and try
> hard to understand the logic. It just may save you thousands of
> dollars. Unless you're not interested in that, and you're only
> looking to borrow pin money.
>

> >Anyways, Have a nice day,
> >Jason
> >
> Thanks, you too!
>
> >"Stu Gotts" > wrote in message
> >> And while you're at it, if you have some problems in your marriage,
> >> he's probably the very best to go to.
> >>
> >> Thinking of changing the wallpaper in your home? Don't do it without
> >> checking with your favorite FAA Pilot examiner and flight instructor.
> >>
> >> Wondering about that funny growth on your genitals? Get down to the
> >> local FBO and seek the advice of an FAA Pilot examiner and flight
> >> instructor. Who better?
> >>
> >> Jason, I sincerely hope you run your life with better logic!
> >>

> >> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 09:31:38 GMT, "Jason M"

> >and

Kyler Laird
September 8th 03, 09:19 PM
"Jason M" > writes:

>Somone might be looking for airplane advice... People call him all the time
>to ask if "whatever" plane is a good deal or "is it worth it..."

>There's nothing wrong with getting advice from many different people... I
>found a guy who is an excellent resource for advice on money and
>airplanes... SO I DECIDED TO SHARE IT.... The rest is up the readers as to
>if they want to use the resource or not, and then, of course they can decide
>if it's a good resrouce...

Really?! Thank you! For awhile there I was fairly sure that we all
have to accept the opinion of anyone posting to Usenet. Now I know I
can decide on my own. How empowering!

>So I don't see why this had to turn into anything more than the single post
>it began as...

It was because your post was dumb. Post something dumb on Usenet and
someone is likely to call you on it. Someone did. Then you whined about
it... I hate dumb whining so I jumped in. Keep coming up with dumb stuff
to say and maybe we can get others to join.

If you really want people to believe that flight instructors/examiners
are the ones to seek when financing a plane, you've got some explaining
to do. If you want to apologize for not expressing what you intended in
the original message, get to it. This is not the way.

Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
a call.

--kyler

Stu Gotts
September 8th 03, 11:58 PM
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:19:33 GMT, Kyler Laird >
wrote:

>Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
>overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
>a call.
>
>--kyler

Kyler;
Please ask one of the mutts if, when I get the new big bore
Continental, I should just ****can the cylinders and get Millenniums
or if I should just remove them and have them gone over by a shop that
has a bit of credibility. I'd be interested in hearing what they bark
out.
Thanks,
Stu

Jason M
September 9th 03, 04:08 AM
This is pointless... Sarcasm, name calling, abuse??? So do you treat all
fellow aviators the same when they share advice that you don't understand
the first time they say it? I usually just say something like "What, could
you explain please?" That usually works for me, and then in the future they
offer more advice... If I decided to resort to your methods I doubt I'd have
any friends and I know people wouldn't offer me any advice again... That's
my opinion... You obviously have your own, and that's cool with me...

"Kyler Laird" > wrote in message
> "Jason M" > writes:
>
> >Somone might be looking for airplane advice... People call him all the
time
> >to ask if "whatever" plane is a good deal or "is it worth it..."
>
> >There's nothing wrong with getting advice from many different people...
> >found a guy who is an excellent resource for advice on money and
> >airplanes... SO I DECIDED TO SHARE IT.... The rest is up the readers as
> >if they want to use the resource or not, and then, of course they can
decide
> >if it's a good resrouce...
>
> Really?! Thank you! For awhile there I was fairly sure that we all
> have to accept the opinion of anyone posting to Usenet. Now I know I
> can decide on my own. How empowering!
>
> >So I don't see why this had to turn into anything more than the single
post
> >it began as...
>
> It was because your post was dumb. Post something dumb on Usenet and
> someone is likely to call you on it. Someone did. Then you whined about
> it... I hate dumb whining so I jumped in. Keep coming up with dumb stuff
> to say and maybe we can get others to join.
>
> If you really want people to believe that flight instructors/examiners
> are the ones to seek when financing a plane, you've got some explaining
> to do. If you want to apologize for not expressing what you intended in
> the original message, get to it. This is not the way.
>
> Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
> overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
> a call.
>
> --kyler

Stu Gotts
September 9th 03, 01:06 PM
Jason;
I think the problem is that there is so much **** being hurled on
these groups that sane folks see a need to try to put a sock in it.
It seems that whatever some people read on the internet, they tend to
believe. I've seen people ask critical questions about operation,
engine rebuilding tips, rigging procedures, etc., and they haven't a
clue as to who is responding. I've also called upon vast practical
knowledge to respond to those in need with actual facts and have been
criticized by those who feel they must show superiority and closure.
Fact is, your post, although sent with all the best intentions, was
ridiculous.

Now the best thing to do is to stop your crying, don't take it
personally and move on. In a week nobody will remember it. Should
you not take that advice, you will be known as a troll and the folks
that responded to you will realize they've been had all along!

Blue Skies

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:08:11 GMT, "Jason M"
> wrote:

>This is pointless... Sarcasm, name calling, abuse??? So do you treat all
>fellow aviators the same when they share advice that you don't understand
>the first time they say it? I usually just say something like "What, could
>you explain please?" That usually works for me, and then in the future they
>offer more advice... If I decided to resort to your methods I doubt I'd have
>any friends and I know people wouldn't offer me any advice again... That's
>my opinion... You obviously have your own, and that's cool with me...
>

>"Kyler Laird" > wrote in message
>> "Jason M" > writes:
>>
>> >Somone might be looking for airplane advice... People call him all the
>time
>> >to ask if "whatever" plane is a good deal or "is it worth it..."
>>
>> >There's nothing wrong with getting advice from many different people...
>> >found a guy who is an excellent resource for advice on money and
>> >airplanes... SO I DECIDED TO SHARE IT.... The rest is up the readers as
>> >if they want to use the resource or not, and then, of course they can
>decide
>> >if it's a good resrouce...
>>
>> Really?! Thank you! For awhile there I was fairly sure that we all
>> have to accept the opinion of anyone posting to Usenet. Now I know I
>> can decide on my own. How empowering!
>>
>> >So I don't see why this had to turn into anything more than the single
>post
>> >it began as...
>>
>> It was because your post was dumb. Post something dumb on Usenet and
>> someone is likely to call you on it. Someone did. Then you whined about
>> it... I hate dumb whining so I jumped in. Keep coming up with dumb stuff
>> to say and maybe we can get others to join.
>>
>> If you really want people to believe that flight instructors/examiners
>> are the ones to seek when financing a plane, you've got some explaining
>> to do. If you want to apologize for not expressing what you intended in
>> the original message, get to it. This is not the way.
>>
>> Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
>> overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
>> a call.
>>
>> --kyler

Kyler Laird
September 9th 03, 01:19 PM
"Jason M" > writes:

>This is pointless... Sarcasm, name calling, abuse???

No, just sarcasm. Do you need help reading my posts?

>If I decided to resort to your methods I doubt I'd have
>any friends and I know people wouldn't offer me any advice again...

Yeah, if this is the best you've got to share, I can see how people
would find little value in hanging out with you.

>That's
>my opinion... You obviously have your own, and that's cool with me...

Whew! I'm sure happy to know that it's o.k. with you. (That was
sarcasm. If you want to see name calling and abuse, you'll have to
catch me at a bad hour or wander into rec.aviation.homebuilt.)

--kyler

Kyler Laird
September 9th 03, 02:21 PM
Stu Gotts > writes:

>>Oh, by the way, my dogs fly with me all the time so if you're considering
>>overhauling your engine or upgrading your avionics, make sure to give 'em
>>a call.

>Please ask one of the mutts if, when I get the new big bore
>Continental, I should just ****can the cylinders and get Millenniums
>or if I should just remove them and have them gone over by a shop that
>has a bit of credibility. I'd be interested in hearing what they bark
>out.

Sorry, all I got out of them on the subject was a lot of whining. Heck,
you could have gotten that out of Jason M.

I say you should overhaul half of them and get Millenniums for the other
half.

Maybe you should ask a flight examiner.

--kyler

Google