PDA

View Full Version : A few from Tuesday.... - 5375-W.jpg (1/1)

RustYŠ
November 30th 06, 11:22 AM

Ray O'Hara
December 1st 06, 12:35 AM
"RustYŠ" > wrote in message

very pretty plane, what is it?
and the sheep seem nonplussed by being buzzed. it mustn't be a new
experience for them

RustYŠ
December 1st 06, 10:29 AM
"Ray O'Hara" > wrote in message
. ..

> very pretty plane, what is it?

It's a Tucano. Made in Ireland by Shorts to a Brazilian design, these
aircraft are also used by the French and other forces around the world.
See.....

http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/tucano.html

If I was in the market for a nice little two seater, this would be it.

Brian O'Neill
December 1st 06, 10:36 AM
Great shots indeed, but how long has the RAF used this style of national
insignia? The wide white border on the roundel is a bit surprising to me.

Brian

Bobby Galvez
December 1st 06, 02:57 PM
Brian O'Neill wrote:

> Great shots indeed, but how long has the RAF used this style of national
> insignia? The wide white border on the roundel is a bit surprising to me.

Probably only to set it off from the black background so that the blue outer
circle doesn't blend in.

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

RustYŠ
December 1st 06, 05:22 PM
"Brian O'Neill" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> Great shots indeed, but how long has the RAF used this style of national
> insignia? The wide white border on the roundel is a bit surprising to me.

This is the standard roundel for training aircraft. See link below and also
the Hawk aircraft in this series too...

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/01UKAV/roundels/RAF_ROUNDELS.htm

flybywire
December 2nd 06, 12:41 AM
we get one about midday low flying east to west near Nottingham at full pelt
A lovely sound and sight. Someone ought to take one to Reno for the
races ----- or have they already?

Would love to know where you take your photos which are stunning -- Wales ?
Mid Wales ?

"RustYŠ" > wrote in message

> "Ray O'Hara" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> very pretty plane, what is it?
>>
> It's a Tucano. Made in Ireland by Shorts to a Brazilian design, these
> aircraft are also used by the French and other forces around the world.
> See.....
>
> http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/tucano.html
>
> If I was in the market for a nice little two seater, this would be it.

john smith
December 2nd 06, 08:47 PM
In article >,
"RustYŠ" > wrote:

> If I was in the market for a nice little two seater, this would be it.

Back in the 1980's there was a flight demonstration team that flew them
at airshows. Their sequence even included tail slides! Pretty impressive
for a jet powered prop.

Brian O'Neill
December 10th 06, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Most Ineresting, especially the link.

Brian

Brian O'Neill
December 10th 06, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Most Ineresting, especially the link.

Brian

Google