PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old Cessna 172 - call sign: C-GUZE

Grant Gilron
October 9th 03, 11:01 PM
Hi,

Does anyone out there fly and/or own an old Cessna 172, call sign:
C-GUZE, colour: white with blue stripes? It was owned and flown by my
Father and was based at the Ottawa Flying Club in Ontario, Canada
during the 1980's. I believe it was sold to someone in Quebec in 1986.
I am interested if it's still in commission, and if there are current
photos of it available.

Please write back to (as I do not check these
newsgroups often).

Cheers,
Grant.

Icebound
October 10th 03, 01:01 AM
Grant Gilron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone out there fly and/or own an old Cessna 172, call sign:
> C-GUZE, colour: white with blue stripes? It was owned and flown by my
> Father and was based at the Ottawa Flying Club in Ontario, Canada
> during the 1980's. I believe it was sold to someone in Quebec in 1986.
> I am interested if it's still in commission, and if there are current
> photos of it available.
>
> Please write back to (as I do not check these
> newsgroups often).
>
> Cheers,
> Grant.

Have you tried the Canadian registry at www.tc.gc.ca?

You can see the current registration for C-GUZE here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X3AA62926

Use the "history" buttons for more.

--
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the
courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jim Fisher
October 10th 03, 02:50 PM
"Grant Gilron" > wrote in message
> Does anyone out there fly and/or own an old Cessna 172, call sign:
> C-GUZE, colour: white with blue stripes? It was owned and flown by my
> Father

I performed the same search for the planes my father flew long ago. After
searching his logbook for the N-numbers (that were not actually N numbers as
they did not have "N's" back then) I searched the FAA database and located
the current owners. I wrote to and received a response from all of them and
they all sent me current pictures.

I'd love to get out and fly those Aeronca's one of these days.

--
Jim Fisher

Jim Fisher
October 11th 03, 06:28 AM
"Michael Nouak" > wrote in message >
> "Jim Fisher" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> .. .
> > snip
> > searching his logbook for the N-numbers (that were not actually N
numbers
> as
> > they did not have "N's" back then) I searched the FAA database and
located

> So what did they have? NCs? Surely they must have had some sort of
> Nationality mark?

It wasn't really needed back in the late 40's when my dad flew. It was only
later on that planes from other countries started showing up with enough
frequency to cause confusion. That's my guess, anyway.

In any case, the FAA (called the CAA at the time) eventually began requiring
"N" in front of the registration number.

Anyone know what year that requirement was made?
--
Jim Fisher

VC
October 12th 03, 01:52 AM
Grant,

I believe I actually flew that plane as an OFC rental back in those
days.... - late Jim Rombough was instructor.

-Vince

"Grant Gilron" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone out there fly and/or own an old Cessna 172, call sign:
> C-GUZE, colour: white with blue stripes? It was owned and flown by my
> Father and was based at the Ottawa Flying Club in Ontario, Canada
> during the 1980's. I believe it was sold to someone in Quebec in 1986.
> I am interested if it's still in commission, and if there are current
> photos of it available.
>
> Please write back to (as I do not check these
> newsgroups often).
>
> Cheers,
> Grant.

Jean-Paul Roy
October 13th 03, 01:29 AM
This airplane is locaqted in Timmins, Ontario and the owner is
Francis, Donald
576 Tamarack Street
Timmins Ontario
P4N 6R9

"Icebound" > a écrit dans le message de
news: .rogers.com...
> Grant Gilron wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone out there fly and/or own an old Cessna 172, call sign:
> > C-GUZE, colour: white with blue stripes? It was owned and flown by my
> > Father and was based at the Ottawa Flying Club in Ontario, Canada
> > during the 1980's. I believe it was sold to someone in Quebec in 1986.
> > I am interested if it's still in commission, and if there are current
> > photos of it available.
> >
> > Please write back to (as I do not check these
> > newsgroups often).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Grant.
>
> Have you tried the Canadian registry at www.tc.gc.ca?
>
> You can see the current registration for C-GUZE here:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?X3AA62926
>
> Use the "history" buttons for more.
>
> --
> God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the
> courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
> --- Serenity Prayer

Google