PDA

View Full Version : Re: Seat cushion

Ernest Christley
July 31st 03, 10:59 PM
Big John wrote:
> Some time ago there was a discussion in the group about seat cushions
> for small people in airplanes.
>
> Today I received a catalogue from"Gadget Alert" (1-800-429-0039),
> <www.gadgetalert.com>
>
> They had a cushion advertised:
>
> TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)
>
> You short ones may want to look at it?
>
> It is both seat and back and composed of a NASA invented memory foam.
>
> Seat is 15" x 16" x 6".
>
> Can be folded (back to bottom) and carried to different locations.
>
> Big John

This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
you're referring too.

But...

Did you see that electronic compass on the bottom of first page of the
auto section? I'm thinking that it could possibly be a worthwhile
addition to an aircraft panel.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Paul A Gigl Jr
August 1st 03, 02:03 AM
"Ernest Christley" > wrote in message
.com...

> > TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

> This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
> you're referring too.

Ernest, try this link...

http://www.gadgetalert.com/cgi-bin/sgin0101.exe?FNM=21&T1=TH+335&UID=2003073117570477

Big John
August 1st 03, 02:09 AM
Ernest

1. Go to site.
2. Enter "13HA04A" in the source code block.
3. When next page comes up search for "TH335" (cushion).

Reading description again and looking at picture, I think the 6 inches
is the back and bottom folded together dimension and the sitting
dimension is 3 inches (like the sheet you have????)

On compass. I don't know the technology they are using (It sticks to
the dash???) Also not sure how it detects ice unless it compares temp
and dew point but in the car/cockpit it could not tell what is
outside???

As you can see, I double posted original post. My computer posted
while I was typing the first time and I couldn't find so sent again.
Now see both posts :o( Sorry about that.

Big John

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:59:42 GMT, Ernest Christley
> wrote:

>Big John wrote:
>> Some time ago there was a discussion in the group about seat cushions
>> for small people in airplanes.
>>
>> Today I received a catalogue from"Gadget Alert" (1-800-429-0039),
>> <www.gadgetalert.com>
>>
>> They had a cushion advertised:
>>
>> TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)
>>
>> You short ones may want to look at it?
>>
>> It is both seat and back and composed of a NASA invented memory foam.
>>
>> Seat is 15" x 16" x 6".
>>
>> Can be folded (back to bottom) and carried to different locations.
>>
>> Big John
>>

>This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
>you're referring too.
>
>But...
>
>Did you see that electronic compass on the bottom of first page of the
>auto section? I'm thinking that it could possibly be a worthwhile
>addition to an aircraft panel.

Big John
August 1st 03, 02:22 AM
Ernest

Which compass do you mean?

TM337(337Y)
TE817
TE326

As a general rule, I don't fool with these type of compasses from long
experience (they don't work good) compared to a Aircraft compass. I'd
hate to bet my life on one :o(

Big John

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:59:42 GMT, Ernest Christley
> wrote:

>Big John wrote:
>> Some time ago there was a discussion in the group about seat cushions
>> for small people in airplanes.
>>
>> Today I received a catalogue from"Gadget Alert" (1-800-429-0039),
>> <www.gadgetalert.com>
>>
>> They had a cushion advertised:
>>
>> TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)
>>
>> You short ones may want to look at it?
>>
>> It is both seat and back and composed of a NASA invented memory foam.
>>
>> Seat is 15" x 16" x 6".
>>
>> Can be folded (back to bottom) and carried to different locations.
>>
>> Big John
>>

>This is a cool site, John, but I haven't been able to find the seat
>you're referring too.
>
>But...
>
>Did you see that electronic compass on the bottom of first page of the
>auto section? I'm thinking that it could possibly be a worthwhile
>addition to an aircraft panel.

Morgans
August 1st 03, 02:59 AM
"Big John" > wrote in message
> Ernest
>
> 1. Go to site.
> 2. Enter "13HA04A" in the source code block.
> 3. When next page comes up search for "TH335" (cushion).
>
> Reading description again and looking at picture, I think the 6 inches
> is the back and bottom folded together dimension and the sitting
> dimension is 3 inches (like the sheet you have????)
>
> On compass. I don't know the technology they are using (It sticks to
> the dash???) Also not sure how it detects ice unless it compares temp
> and dew point but in the car/cockpit it could not tell what is
> outside???
>
> As you can see, I double posted original post. My computer posted
> while I was typing the first time and I couldn't find so sent again.
> Now see both posts :o( Sorry about that.
>
> Big John
Many OEM compass/temp units in cars, just have a preset that tells the ice
light to come on whenever the temp falls to, say 35 degrees.

My take is that this unit would only be good to satisfy the compass
requirement in the regs.
--
Jim in NC

Ernest Christley
August 1st 03, 03:35 AM
Morgans wrote:

> Many OEM compass/temp units in cars, just have a preset that tells the ice
> light to come on whenever the temp falls to, say 35 degrees.
>
> My take is that this unit would only be good to satisfy the compass
> requirement in the regs.

I agree. But it does look nice, and the extra temp sensors couldn't hurt.

FWIW, I don't plan on ever flying where I'll need anything other than a
sectional for navigation. My goal is to make even the compass
extraneous. (Will it happen? Naah. But we've all gotta have goals
don't we.)
--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Barnyard BOb --
August 2nd 03, 07:28 AM
>They had a cushion advertised:
>
>TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)

>Big John
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You misspelled.... MAMMARY. 8-D

Barnyard BOB - the strange netcop

Barnyard BOb --
August 2nd 03, 07:31 AM
>TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)
>
>You short ones may want to look at it? <---<<<<

>Big John
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You misspelled... MAMMARY.

Barnyard BOb

Big John
August 2nd 03, 04:48 PM
BOb

Why did you send the same post twice? Did you forget you sent the
first time of did you want to be sure I found my typo (that passed
spell check)? <G>

Big John

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 01:31:12 -0500, Barnyard BOb -- >
wrote:

>>TN335 Thermo-Sensitive Mamory Foam Chair Cushion ($49.95)
>>
>>You short ones may want to look at it? <---<<<<
>

>>Big John
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>You misspelled... MAMMARY.
>

>Barnyard BOb

Barnyard BOb --
August 2nd 03, 11:14 PM
>BOb
>
>Why did you send the same post twice? Did you forget you sent the
>first time of did you want to be sure I found my typo (that passed
>spell check)? <G>
>
>Big John
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wuz just tryin' to be cute, but....

1. The two posts are NOT identical.
2. "Mamory" fails my spell checker.

YMMV. 8-D

Barnyard BOb -

Big John
August 3rd 03, 03:56 AM
BOb

I know that. We should cut ourselves some slack so we can take on all
these young whipper snappers on r.a.h. <G>

Big John

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:14:56 -0500, Barnyard BOb -- >
wrote:

>>BOb
>>
>>Why did you ...............
>>
>> ----clip----
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>I wuz just tryin' to be cute, but....
>
>----clip----

Barnyard BOb --
August 3rd 03, 06:51 AM
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:56:14 -0500, Big John >
wrote:

>BOb
>
>I know that. We should cut ourselves some slack so we can take on all
>these young whipper snappers on r.a.h. <G>
>
>Big John
+++++++++++++++++++

Yeah..
Especially, the girls.

Barnyard BOb --

StellaStar
August 5th 03, 07:44 AM
> so we can take on all
>>these young whipper snappers on r.a.h. <G>
>>
>>Big John
>+++++++++++++++++++
>
>Yeah..
>Especially, the girls.

You wish, dear.

-All the Dirty Old Ladies -

Barnyard BOb --
August 5th 03, 09:10 AM
On 05 Aug 2003 06:44:41 GMT, (StellaStar) wrote:

>> so we can take on all
>>>these young whipper snappers on r.a.h. <G>
>>>
>>>Big John
>>+++++++++++++++++++
>>
>>Yeah..
>>Especially, the girls.
>>

>You wish, dear.
>
>-All the Dirty Old Ladies -
++++++++++++++++++++

<sigh>

Barnyard BOb --

Snowbird
August 5th 03, 07:16 PM
Barnyard BOb -- > wrote in message >...
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:56:14 -0500, Big John >
> wrote:
> >I know that. We should cut ourselves some slack so we can take on all
> >these young whipper snappers on r.a.h. <G>

> Yeah..
> Especially, the girls.

No room in your plane to take anyone on *g*.

Maybe a spare toothpick?

Love ya Unk!
Sydney

"It's hard being a girl..but when you're a Woman, it's All Right!"
-Bonnie Raitt

Google