PDA

View Full Version : You have got to view this!

Clem
December 16th 06, 09:15 PM
It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
Very funny.

http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Bruce R
December 16th 06, 11:48 PM
ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the blast
from the past.

Bruce R

"Clem" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> Very funny.
>
> http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Bruce R
December 16th 06, 11:48 PM
ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the blast
from the past.

Bruce R

"Clem" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> Very funny.
>
> http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Luke
December 17th 06, 12:07 AM
"Clem" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> Very funny.

Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar and
offensive to get a laugh....

Luke

Luke
December 17th 06, 12:07 AM
"Clem" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> Very funny.

Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar and
offensive to get a laugh....

Luke

Bruce R
December 17th 06, 12:46 AM
Amen brother!

Bruce R

"Luke" > wrote in message

> Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar
> and
> offensive to get a laugh....
>

> Luke

Bruce R
December 17th 06, 12:46 AM
Amen brother!

Bruce R

"Luke" > wrote in message

> Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar
> and
> offensive to get a laugh....
>

> Luke

Skyway
December 17th 06, 01:25 AM
That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and money
and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent and put out
movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND behave or at least
keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...

Chris

"Bruce R" > wrote in message
> Amen brother!
>
> Bruce R
>

> "Luke" > wrote in message
>
>> Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar
>> and
>> offensive to get a laugh....
>>

>> Luke

§qu@r3 Wh33£s
December 17th 06, 01:27 AM
On this day of this month, in a year likely to be unrecorded in human
history, Luke wrote:

> "Clem" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
>> Very funny.
>

> Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar and
> offensive to get a laugh....
>

> Luke

Yep, just needed to be funny; even that is lacking these days in many
cases.

--
"Jeeps can get up, and jeeps can also go down. Why can't Bill?"

-- Nancy Hughes III

history, Luke wrote:

> "Clem" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
>> Very funny.
>

> Those were the days... back when comedians didn't need to be vulgar and
> offensive to get a laugh....
>

> Luke

Yep, just needed to be funny; even that is lacking these days in many
cases.

--
"Jeeps can get up, and jeeps can also go down. Why can't Bill?"

-- Nancy Hughes III

Mitchell Holman
December 17th 06, 03:08 AM
"Skyway" > wrote in
:

> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...

There were downsides to the "good old days"
of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
contracts that kept independant and foreign films
out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
sanitized one of yesteryear.

Mitchell Holman
December 17th 06, 03:08 AM
"Skyway" > wrote in
:

> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...

There were downsides to the "good old days"
of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
contracts that kept independant and foreign films
out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
sanitized one of yesteryear.

No Name
December 17th 06, 04:16 AM
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

No Name
December 17th 06, 04:16 AM
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

Skyway
December 17th 06, 04:18 AM
That movie just makes me laugh...it was a silly notion...

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

Skyway
December 17th 06, 04:18 AM
That movie just makes me laugh...it was a silly notion...

"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

Orval Fairbairn
December 17th 06, 05:50 AM
In article >,
"Bruce R" > wrote:

> ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the blast
> from the past.
>
> Bruce R
>

> "Clem" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
> > It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> > Very funny.
> >
> > http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

The story is that Foster Brooks was a director or producer who was
interviewing a bunch of actors for a drunk scene. They all pushed too
hard and came out unbelievable, so Brooks said, "Here's hoe to do it"
and proceeded to do so. It stuck with him ever since.

An acquaintance used to be his next-door neighbor and said he was a
genius!

Orval Fairbairn
December 17th 06, 05:50 AM
In article >,
"Bruce R" > wrote:

> ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the blast
> from the past.
>
> Bruce R
>

> "Clem" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
> > It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
> > Very funny.
> >
> > http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

The story is that Foster Brooks was a director or producer who was
interviewing a bunch of actors for a drunk scene. They all pushed too
hard and came out unbelievable, so Brooks said, "Here's hoe to do it"
and proceeded to do so. It stuck with him ever since.

An acquaintance used to be his next-door neighbor and said he was a
genius!

Hub & Diane Plott
December 17th 06, 04:00 PM
All true! Still the quality of acting and movies overall were IMHO better
then(even though they were before I was born). It was formulaic but it was
more about talent of the performers and directors while still making huge
profits and not just about who is the hottie of the month, gore,sex or
another overpaid ham's political views. If only we could combine the good of
both times then we would really have something.
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

Hub & Diane Plott
December 17th 06, 04:00 PM
All true! Still the quality of acting and movies overall were IMHO better
then(even though they were before I was born). It was formulaic but it was
more about talent of the performers and directors while still making huge
profits and not just about who is the hottie of the month, gore,sex or
another overpaid ham's political views. If only we could combine the good of
both times then we would really have something.
"Mitchell Holman" > wrote in message
> "Skyway" > wrote in
> :
>
>> That is when performers had talent. Any more, it is about looks and
>> money and looks and money. I miss the days when Hollywood had talent
>> and put out movies that had real actors in them that could act....AND
>> behave or at least keep the bad stuff out of the press <sigh>...
>

> There were downsides to the "good old days"
> of Hollywood. The corporate studios that controlled
> who could work and where, the blacklists, the theater
> contracts that kept independant and foreign films
> out of circulation, screening boards that made sure
> all dialogue was "PC", no market for minority actors
> or directors, no market for movies that contradicted
> foreign policy or "family values", etc. The current
> climate has it's drawbacks, but I prefer it over the
> sanitized one of yesteryear.

flybywire
December 17th 06, 08:28 PM
stunning
Mike

"Bruce R" > wrote in message
> ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the
> blast from the past.
>
> Bruce R
>

> "Clem" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
>> Very funny.
>>
>> http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Clem
December 19th 06, 03:30 AM
"flybywire" > wrote in news:MLhhh.11405$493.1344@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

> stunning
> Mike
>
> "Bruce R" > wrote in message
>> ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the
>> blast from the past.
>>
>> Bruce R
>>

>> "Clem" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
>>> Very funny.
>>>
>>> http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Here is one more clip of Foster playing the part of a pilot.

About a third of the way into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJn-lMgCtc

Sleepy pilot, you decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LbF7CTL0ak&mode=related&search=

Emergency Approach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=uA9mNRWZLSI&l=141
&t=OEgsToPDskKoZmbKs2ZXypYfiKcfm1CR&fs=1&title=Airplane

Heavy Wind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=PUnwAubs_70&l=42
&t=OEgsToPDskKUNyOkdVobbxcqsTkyFvS7&s=039B09A0E07AD902:8A51374783A7BCE6
&fs=1&title=Heavy%20Wind%20-%20Plane%20not%20moving

Clem
December 19th 06, 03:30 AM
"flybywire" > wrote in news:MLhhh.11405$493.1344@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

> stunning
> Mike
>
> "Bruce R" > wrote in message
>> ROTFLMAO !! Two of my favorite old school comedians, thanks for the
>> blast from the past.
>>
>> Bruce R
>>

>> "Clem" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>> It's a clip of the Dean Martin show with Foster Brooks.
>>> Very funny.
>>>
>>> http://youtube.com/v/J3UDCoQnXjA

Here is one more clip of Foster playing the part of a pilot.

About a third of the way into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJn-lMgCtc

Sleepy pilot, you decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LbF7CTL0ak&mode=related&search=

Emergency Approach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=uA9mNRWZLSI&l=141
&t=OEgsToPDskKoZmbKs2ZXypYfiKcfm1CR&fs=1&title=Airplane

Heavy Wind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=PUnwAubs_70&l=42
&t=OEgsToPDskKUNyOkdVobbxcqsTkyFvS7&s=039B09A0E07AD902:8A51374783A7BCE6
&fs=1&title=Heavy%20Wind%20-%20Plane%20not%20moving

Clem
December 19th 06, 03:52 AM
I promise this is the last one . . .

Pilot Comedy in a Simulator