PDA

View Full Version : Re: I love Jim Campbell

Badwater Bill
August 1st 03, 05:10 AM
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:50:42 GMT, "C.D. Damron"
> wrote:

>"Badwater Bill" > wrote in message
>> What a grand man, Jim Campbell is. I think I love him, just for what
>> he is. Just for being a machomisimo..........yeah! Bravo Jimbo.
>>

>Would that be a single malt or are you just slumming?

Slumming with some Dalmore Cigar Malt actually. Nice to see you again
Damron! Hang in there with these weekend weenies. Don't let em wear
you down. Most of RAH would panic and crash in VFR if they had a
vacuum pump failure and the attitude gyro went out in 300 mile
visibility.

BBBWWAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAAAA

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 4th 03, 03:54 AM
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:42:33 GMT, (Badwater
Bill) wrote:

>Yes, after all these years, I must stand up for Jim Campbell, my hero.

Come on you ****ing cowards. I leave this **** up for three days and
don't fool a person? What the hell has happened to RAH in the last 8
months. A good 95% of the posters here a year ago had LMC

Low Marble Count.

I can't even get a rise out of you *******s over this one. You muther
****ers are losing your sense of humor.

BWB

B2431
August 4th 03, 10:40 AM
>I can't even get a rise out of you *******s over this one. You muther
>****ers are losing your sense of humor.
>
>BWB

More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

pac plyer
August 4th 03, 06:02 PM
Dan whined:

> More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
> possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>
> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Pac sez:

Gee Dan, can you say: "find a Mo-der-a-t-ed newsgroup"? It appears
you don't understand what's going on in this one. (There may be some
types of humor that your brain just can't compile, since you're a
newbie.) You might want to retire your mouth for a few months and
maybe it will dawn on you that what we are really tired of around here
is "net-nazis" who have decided to parcel out free-speech behaviour
regulations for the rest of us. If you are tired of reading a
particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out. (Of
course, you probably won't understand what's going on most of the
time, but that's your problem.) Don't seek him out and issue
de-merits for the rest of us to read... we aren't interested! It's
his thread: he started it. If you don't like it, start your own
facinating thread. (It will probably only have one post most of the
time, but again, that's your problem.)

Maybe you should revert back to protecting democracy, not practicing
it. (sound familiar?) But RAH is not a military dictatorship either,
so knock it off. It is more what I would term: semi-educated anarchy
(which is why it can be rather fun to read.) We are trying to get BWB
off the sauce and go-pills for a little while, and you aren't helping.

pacplyer! - out!

"Sir, with all due respect, you are beginning to bore the hell out of
me." - Clint Eastwood, "Heartbreak Ridge"

Big John
August 4th 03, 08:16 PM
pac plyer

----clip----

> If you are tired of reading a
>particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out.
>
> ----clip----
>
>pacplyer! - out!

Pacplyer

I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
redundant.

I have been looking for a program that will eliminate any quote of a
individual after I 'plonk' him but haven't found one yet.

I've met people like BWB who have to use a curse word every other
word. They obviously have an inferiority complex and think cursing
makes them a big frog in a little pond.

I've been 'around the world' a few times and know most of the filthy
words (in English and some other languages). On a scale of one to ten
I'd rate BWB about a one.

If he has a problem, as you intimate, then your assistance getting
him professional help, is the way to go. I have seen no effort an any
ones part to do this.

If you want 'filth' on the News Group, then I can forward some of the
porno spam I get every day in my mail box, so you will have something
to read when BWB isn't posting. Let me know.

Have a nice day and fly safe.

Big John

B2431
August 4th 03, 08:18 PM
Gee, you threw out an aweful lot of words basically accusing me of attempting
to dictate something to someone. Try reading what I actually said.

Let me rephrase it for you. He may be the one who started the thread, but it is
not "his" in the sense it belongs to him. This happens to be a public NG and
anyone may respond. I never attempted to silence him or anyone else. I simply
pointed out one can make a point without the personal attacks and vulgarity.

How does that make me a "net-Nazi?" Do you think you could have stated your
opinion more civily?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

>Dan whined:
>
>> More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
>> possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>>
>> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>
>Pac sez:
>
>Gee Dan, can you say: "find a Mo-der-a-t-ed newsgroup"? It appears
>you don't understand what's going on in this one. (There may be some
>types of humor that your brain just can't compile, since you're a
>newbie.) You might want to retire your mouth for a few months and
>maybe it will dawn on you that what we are really tired of around here
>is "net-nazis" who have decided to parcel out free-speech behaviour
>regulations for the rest of us. If you are tired of reading a
>particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out. (Of
>course, you probably won't understand what's going on most of the
>time, but that's your problem.) Don't seek him out and issue
>de-merits for the rest of us to read... we aren't interested! It's
>his thread: he started it. If you don't like it, start your own
>facinating thread. (It will probably only have one post most of the
>time, but again, that's your problem.)
>
>Maybe you should revert back to protecting democracy, not practicing
>it. (sound familiar?) But RAH is not a military dictatorship either,
>so knock it off. It is more what I would term: semi-educated anarchy
>(which is why it can be rather fun to read.) We are trying to get BWB
>off the sauce and go-pills for a little while, and you aren't helping.
>
>pacplyer! - out!
>
>"Sir, with all due respect, you are beginning to bore the hell out of
>me." - Clint Eastwood, "Heartbreak Ridge"

Barnyard BOb --
August 4th 03, 08:51 PM
>I've met people like BWB who have to use a curse word every other
>word. They obviously have an inferiority complex and think cursing
>makes them a big frog in a little pond.
>
>Big John
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BWB is not quite that simple a case.
You have just flunked BWB 101. <g>

Barnyard Dockter BOb -

Warren & Nancy
August 4th 03, 08:51 PM
B2431 wrote:

> How does that make me a "net-Nazi?"

You are one of the "unwashed" criticizing "he who sees all, tells all and knows
all". You can't expect to do that and get away with it. ;-))) After he has his
dose of Chardonnay+rat poison, he'll calm down.

Warren

Kevin Horton
August 4th 03, 10:05 PM
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:16:09 -0500, Big John wrote:

> pac plyer
>
> ----clip----
>
>> If you are tired of reading a
>>particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out.
>>
>> ----clip----
>>
>>pacplyer! - out!
>
> Pacplyer
>
> I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
> posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
> sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
> redundant.
>
> I have been looking for a program that will eliminate any quote of a
> individual after I 'plonk' him but haven't found one yet.
>
> I've met people like BWB who have to use a curse word every other word.
> They obviously have an inferiority complex and think cursing makes them
> a big frog in a little pond.
>
> I've been 'around the world' a few times and know most of the filthy
> words (in English and some other languages). On a scale of one to ten
> I'd rate BWB about a one.
>
> If he has a problem, as you intimate, then your assistance getting him
> professional help, is the way to go. I have seen no effort an any ones
> part to do this.
>
> If you want 'filth' on the News Group, then I can forward some of the
> porno spam I get every day in my mail box, so you will have something to
> read when BWB isn't posting. Let me know.
>
> Have a nice day and fly safe.
>
> Big John

I've followed RAH off and on over the years, and I have come to the
unfortunate conclusion that there are a bunch of the RAH crowd that almost
never have anything useful to say. And there are a very small number of
this bunch that kill the signal to noise ratio of any thread they get
involved in. So, once a thread degenerates into uselessness, I simply
tell my newsreader to kill that thread. That way I don't see the noise.
Sure, I probably miss a few gems that way, but I can live with that.

The only thing worse than some of the denizens of RAH is a thread
complaining about them. They won't change their ways, and it is a waste
of time and bandwidth to try to get them to do so. So just killfile
them, and the threads they post to and be done with it. Life is too short
to worry about it.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Bernie the Bunion
August 4th 03, 10:24 PM
> Big John > wrote:

> I have 'plonked' BWB but

Well howdy John.... And welcome to the little shop of horrors.

To those who are fairly recent to this group.... You are simply getting
a taste of none other than Bill Phillips who is arguably the most,
vulgar, and obnoxious poster that this group has ever had.

Mr. Phillips has been fairly quite these past few months but if you
want to see him at his worst you can do a GOOGLE search and
read his comments ad naseum.

Billy boy is here to have fun, fun, fun.... but his idea of fun is
having it at the expense of everyone else.

AND THAT MEANS YOU FOLKS.... ALL OF YOU

RIGHT BILL......??????????

If your not with him, which is to say if you don't kowtow and lick his
asshole then you are agin him, in which case you are either
galactically stupid, or a **** if your female, and that's just for
starters.

Nobody has more experience than him regardless of who you are, what you
do, or what your experiences in life are....... his arrogance won't
allow it.

He will point out repeatedly.. ad naseum that he is a PHD in nuclear
physics and it is soley because of him that America sleeps safely at
night. He will rub his accomplishments and money into everyones and
anyones nose with delight and point out repeatedly that HE had more
time at the top of the loop than YOU have in the loop.

The fact is that Mr. Phillips has been very lucky in life and he has
every right to be proud of his accomplishments. But unfortunately
he takes absolute delight in rubbing your nose in those accomplishments
and every opportunity. To him, noboby in the world comes close and I
would dare say that if Neil Armstrong, and Chuck Yeager were regulars
in this group he would treat them with the same contempt that he
dishes out at everybody else. His arrogance and ego have no bounds.

Listening to reason, including public and private requests to tone it
down from his friends.... is beneath him. Yes folks believe it or not
Bill Phillips does have friends in this group. There's a few who just
love it when he disrupts this group because they too are here to have
fun, fun, fun.

The arrogance of Mr. Phillips runs so deep that he just can't believe
that this group can run without his brand of humour and his brand
alone.

The fact that people can actually communicate in a civil manner, become
newsgroup friends, help each other out with information and informative
posts is absolutely beyond his ability to believe.

To him the world rises and sets on his shoulders and that someone would
take part in this group and not enjoy his caustic brand of denigrating
humour is totally beyond his ability to understand.

If you agree with him on a consistent manner then you are his kind of
scum but if you don't..... then you are galactically stupid.

Read his quoted statement below....

> How was Pinkneyville this year you dorks. Just another circle jerk of
> assholes, kissing each other asses and paying John to do it?

This is typical Bill, in this case the result of an very public and
ongoing arguement between him and the fine people who run the
Pinkneyville flyin and believe it or not it is over a couple of bucks,
and some beers.

He out wore his welcome there by his own ignorance and can't believe
that people actully are having fun at that fly in without his personal
presence so his comments above become par for the course.

As a result of his behaviour a few years ago including his ruthless,
uncharitable, and continuing ignorant attack on a female member of this
group, a few people including myself came out of the woodwork and
started to hold Mr. Phillips and a few of his butt lickers up to the
light of day.

Most of us like myself chose to remain anonymous which bothers
Mr. Phillips and some of the other regulars like Mr. Urban, and Mr.
Springer to no end, as you have seen by their comments to me this
past day.

They don't like the fact that someone anonymously is holding their
puclic comments and attitude up for public scrutiny so they choose
to respond in the most vile manner possible..... Wait a few hours till
they start responding to this post and you will see.

You see they just want to have fun, fun, fun, and if they can publicly
humiliate, denigrate, and rub someone's nose into the dirt... well
to them, that's fun.

Nobody would give a damn if I were to drop dead tonight, but the sad
fact is that many people who were valuable, knowledgeable, and well
liked and respected contributors to this newsgroup have left.

And it's not because the likes of me show up now and again..... it's
because people like Bill Phillips keep coming back with the sole
purpose of mind to totally disrupt this newsgroup in any way they can.

They just love to abuse the regulars here because it's so much fun.

And folks as you can see, they do an admirable job of it each and every
time.

If there is any consolation or silver lining it is that Mr. Phillips
favourite sidekick Wingbrat hasn't shown up yet.

God help this group when he does.

John Ammeter
August 5th 03, 01:41 AM
On 04 Aug 2003 09:40:29 GMT, (B2431) wrote:

>>I can't even get a rise out of you *******s over this one. You muther
>>****ers are losing your sense of humor.
>>
>>BWB
>>

>More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
>possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>
>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

But not as much fun....

Barnyard BOb --
August 5th 03, 02:03 AM
>>More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
>>possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>>
>>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>
>But not as much fun....

Ampmeter,

Apparently you have not read Boss Bernie's tome on... "fun".
Masturbation appears to be more publicly acceptable to him, unless....
you consider it - MORE FUN.

Barnyard BOb -- Master Baiter

John Ammeter
August 5th 03, 02:44 AM
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:03:02 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
> wrote:

>>>More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
>>>possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>>>
>>>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>>
>>But not as much fun....

>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Ampmeter,
>
>Apparently you have not read Boss Bernie's tome on... "fun".
>Masturbation appears to be more publicly acceptable to him, unless....
>you consider it - MORE FUN.
>

>Barnyard BOb -- Master Baiter

I did notice that Bernie seems to want to bring everything
down to the basics... "ass licking" may be one of his
favorite activities since he mentions it so much.

A few years ago, my wife made the mistake of asking her
admin assistant what he did over the weekend. Needless to
say, she learned that sometimes you DON'T want to know some
things... she didn't understand what he said and asked
further... she learned what "rimming" was...

I'll stop here.. don't want to offend any sensitive folks,
ya know...

John

Big John
August 5th 03, 03:46 AM
a@a,a

Tnx for the back ground on BWB. I spent two years compiling,
evaluating and briefing Commander SAC monthly on SAC combat
readiness. Also sat on Battle Staff in underground Command Post during
exercises and advanced states of alert. Never heard of this guy BWB.

My ex RO worked on the SIOP. I'll drop him a letter and see if he
heard of the guy also. The SIOP programmed sufficient weapons on a
target to assure it's destruction for those not with a SAC or Military
back ground. It also prevented expending to many wepons on a single
target, ie Navy and/or Air Force.

Big John
Point of the sword

On 4 Aug 2003 17:09:39 -0700, wrote:

>In article >, Bernie says...
>
><snip>
>
>>He will point out repeatedly.. ad naseum that he is a PHD in nuclear
>>physics and it is soley because of him that America sleeps safely at
>>night. He will rub his accomplishments and money into everyones and
>>anyones nose with delight and point out repeatedly that HE had more
>>time at the top of the loop than YOU have in the loop.
>
>Not real physics, his PhD was astrophysics, which is physics without
>experiments. His "big deal" paper was on midcourse correction for ballistic
>missiles by having the warheads take sightings of stars, decreasing the CEP by
>10. That made a first strike more likely to succeed (it wouldn't help a
>retaliatory strike, the other side's silos would be empty by then) so it changed
>Soviet docrine from launch on impact to launch on warning.

B2431
August 5th 03, 03:48 AM

>You are one of the "unwashed"

Hey, I bathed just last summer.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Del Rawlins
August 5th 03, 06:07 AM
On 04 Aug 2003 06:25 PM, Big John posted the following:

> Sydney and some of the other ladies on the 'group' haven't commented
> but I doubt if they appreciate his kind of behavior.

That is the sort of understatement that is only possible when one
doesn't know the rest of the story. I respectfully suggest you go to
the google archive if you wish to research Bill's vendetta against
Sydney, since no good can come of dredging it all up here in the
newsgroup again.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

StellaStar
August 5th 03, 07:15 AM
>Nobody would give a damn if I were to drop dead tonight,

You underrate yourself, dear. There would be a very nice party. BWB would be
burned in effigy and everyone would have a lovely time.

pac plyer
August 5th 03, 10:36 AM
Big John > wrote:

> Pacplyer
>
> I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
> posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
> sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
> redundant.
> Big John,

Pac sez:

Your points are valid John and I apologize to all for my cargo dog
language, and for reposting the same by responding to same. But
Usenet is the wild, wild west of the internet and it may just happen
again. Sorry in advance when I, or others cuss up a storm about
something we feel passionate about. :-\

All,

I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway. People who are
anonymous in their automobiles do things they never would consider
doing to others face to face in a social setting. They flip the bird
when they get cut off, and then, they swerve with no blinkers in front
of a slow vehicle in the fast lane to get even. Again, that's not
how these people act when they get out of their automobiles. That's
not how they act to those they know, or have just met at the store. I
don't attack them at the filling station to get even. No harm, no
foul.

RAH is identical in almost every way except one: No structure, other
than the regular's sharp reprisals exist to put a wild driver into
question. When a Charlatan gets exposed, he usually fires a parting
shot and leaves. Or when a person has no depth of character, or
nothing memorable to say he usually seeks an anonymous cloak and
nit-picks the others about being off-topic, uncivil, or turns into a
spellchecker. :-( That's life on the freeway: you have great drivers
and then you have Helen Keller. Granted, in this analogy, BWB is
nothing less than the terminator in a runaway Peterbuilt. If we can
just re-program his prime directive, we would have one hell of a
writer on our hands again. Be patient. It's either that or we'll
just have to kill him. ;-) (mass injections of Muzzleloader come to
mind. But save some for me, I have yet to sample this fine sounding
cure-all.)

Now for my pet peeve about all of you: I do not accept the
on-topic/off-topic outlook many of you have for RAH. It is not a
place in cyberspace confined only to the demands of newbies that want
free homebuilding information. RAH is our home, and I consider all of
you my friends. I've been reading you for years and I feel as if I
know all of you. Yes even that "Alpha Hotel" I had to flame the other
day! :-# As long as RAH remains 100% unmoderated, I will enjoy it
and hang out here. :-)

Back to net-rage. On the real road, the state maintains a hugely
expensive police force to stop this behavior, but it doesn't put a
dent in the road rage problem. All it does is fill up donut shops
with cops who, understandably, don't want to deal with it.

We have a lot of road rage at RAH. With total freedom of expression
in play, and a large population of people driving around with fake
license plates, feathers are going to get ruffled. But tolerating a
bunch of Netcops in our presence is not the answer.

Instead of dictating or trying to change all of your behavior...
Maybe, if for example: I developed a little thicker skin when someone
said I was full of Methane, I could just accept him/her for what
she/he is: a ****ing moron... whoops: withdrawn! (hey, lawyers get
away with that!) strike that from the record; I meant: a different
mentally developed individual than myself. ;-)

Someone (perhaps a colleague,) once alluded that, my posts "didn't
ring true." If I'd of have a thicker skin, maybe I wouldn't have felt
compelled to flame his sorry ass to the ground... but boy, I must
confess, he deserved it and it sure felt Gooooood! I have since kinda
regretted it (But the ******* asked for it, right?) O.K, O.K. it was
wrong.

But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't
belong in the sky.

pacplyer - out

Big John
August 5th 03, 03:19 PM
Bob

BWB never touched a Nuc weapon. They had programs that screened out
kooks like him.

Big John
Point of the sword

wrote:

>>>More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
>>>possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.
>>>
>>>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>>
>>But not as much fun....

>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Ampmeter,
>
>Apparently you have not read Boss Bernie's tome on... "fun".
>Masturbation appears to be more publicly acceptable to him, unless....
>you consider it - MORE FUN.
>

>Barnyard BOb -- Master Baiter

Sydney Hoeltzli
August 5th 03, 04:17 PM
pac plyer wrote:

> I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway. People who are
> anonymous in their automobiles do things they never would consider
> doing to others face to face in a social setting. They flip the bird
> when they get cut off, and then, they swerve with no blinkers in front
> of a slow vehicle in the fast lane to get even. Again, that's not
> how these people act when they get out of their automobiles. That's
> not how they act to those they know, or have just met at the store. I
> don't attack them at the filling station to get even. No harm, no
> foul.

Pac, with respect, I think this analogy is flawed.

The function of an intercity highway is to move people and
goods from Point A to Point B. No interpersonal relationships
between cars are necessary, no additional functions exist
which depend upon civil interpersonal relations. Someone flips
you the bird, you drive on. Probably, no harm no foul, although,
yes indeedy flip off the wrong driver and he may just follow
you into the gas station and clean your clock, or just shoot you
-- it's happened. My favorite is the Massachusetts crossbow
incident but I digress.

The function of a newsgroup is to exchange information. As such,
it functions more like a small town or a local community than a
"busy intercity freeway". People need to get to know whose advice
is generally sound and what other people's personal tics are.
Some meet IRL and break bread together. The topics of conversations
may vary, and a certain amount of off-topic stuff is inevitable,
but some kind of social compact is necessary for the group
to be able to serve its intended function. You allude to this
yourself.

What happens if a neighbor or coworker gets in his automobile
and starts behaving as you describe -- "getting even", flipping
the bird, yelling profanities in the parking lot? Around here
at least, it wouldn't be tolerated. It's disruptive of good
professional relationships if it's a coworker who behaves like a
total d*ckh**d to you in the parking lot then expects you to
give him your best help on Monday, and it's dangerous to the
kids if it's in the neighborhood. Yes harm Yes foul. In a
small town, people like that get a "talking to" if that doesn't
suffice there's an "intervention" and they get toted off to
the local head-shrinker. By their friends and supporters.

> RAH is identical in almost every way except one: No structure, other
> than the regular's sharp reprisals exist to put a wild driver into
> question.

The latter is true, but I think your analogy does break down
at the former. Unlike an anonymous intercity highway, the
newsgroup has a function which necessarily depends upon people
being able to interact. What happens after an EAA meeting when
people are mingling in small groups some shooting the bull and some
talking technical, if someone is continually running from group
to group screaming general profanities and prolonged repeated
abuse at specific people? Wouldn't that be seen as disruptive
and unacceptable?

Suppose they happened to have gobs of experience flying and building,
well, what good does it do anyone if instead of sharing it, they
spend all their time and energy picking fights and being disruptive?
Other experienced people are unable to share their experience or get
disgusted by the atmosphere and leave.

My point is, and perhaps I mistake you, you seem to be on the
one hand pointing out that there's no mechanism to edit content
other than the "social compact" as it were -- individual choice
to either post a "sharp reprisal" or to refuse to associate
with an individual by killfiling them, and the sum of such
individual choices.

And you're right.

But, on the other hand, you seem to be criticizing Dan and
"Big John" for pretty much doing as you say -- making a "sharp
reprisal" against some stuff they don't like. If it's a "free
newsgroup" where anything goes, aren't you playing "Netcop"
yourself by critiquing them?

Why is it OK for one guy to mouth off as he chooses, but not
OK for anyone who responds disapprovingly, they get told off
for trying to be a "net cop" and directed to a moderated
newsgroup?

Aren't they just exercising the very mechanism you tout
here -- the "sharp reprisal"?

Now granted I'm galactically stupid and all that, so maybe you
just need to explain the difference to me since I don't see it.
Use small words and talk slowly.

> Granted, in this analogy, BWB is
> nothing less than the terminator in a runaway Peterbuilt. If we can
> just re-program his prime directive, we would have one hell of a
> writer on our hands again. Be patient.

Bill made some great posts Once Upon a Time. Like, more than
4 years ago. It seems pretty clear to me he's no longer willing
or able to do so. Just how much "reckless driving" does your
community tolerate from someone who used to be a contributing
citizen? Do you believe in fairy tales?

> Back to net-rage. On the real road, the state maintains a hugely
> expensive police force to stop this behavior, but it doesn't put a
> dent in the road rage problem.

Actually, on the real road, people are to some extent restrained
by the knowledge that the person they flip the bird and cut off
just might follow them into the nearest filling station and whip
their ass. Or, might be their bosses' or neighbor's wife.

I think there's a word for people who make nicey-nice to someone's
face when they meet in person, then trash that same person endlessly
when they're safe behind a computer and out of reach of a good right
hook or a sidekick to the kneecap. But I digress again.

> But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
> We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
> you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
> professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't
> belong in the sky.

Oh, I can suffer a *little* criticism, heh heh. I can even suffer
serious criticism provided it has some factual basis. I can also
overlook the faults of real professional pilots and builders with
real experience. I think most people here can do so.

What's that got to do with endless mindless abuse and personal
vendettas?

OK, that's my $0.02 I'll sit down and shut up again now.
Sydney

nafod40
August 5th 03, 04:58 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

> pac plyer wrote:
>
>> I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway.
>
> Pac, with respect, I think this analogy is flawed...
>
> The function of a newsgroup is to exchange information.

I think both of you are wrong. (Actually I think both of you are right, but
saying so is not in the usenet tradition).

The function of the newsgroup is primarily entertainment. Most use it for
that. Occasionally someone needs an answer to a question, and usually it
gets answered quickly. Then either the thread drifts into something
completely unrelated but more engaging to the rabble (this thread, for
example), or folks start up a more entertaining thread with nothing to do
with anything important (see BWB's trolls).

***
Mike

Big John
August 5th 03, 07:18 PM
pacplyer

I don't mind some one taking issue with me. On occasion they prove me
wrong and I have to change.

What torques me is the filthy language some use. It sounds like the
truckers on the Citizens Band in vehicles. I stopped listening and
took the radio out of my car because I didn't want my family to have
to listen to that crap and if I had a customer in my car it sure
didn't help me make any sale of my product/service.

So cut the 'crap' and lets have an interchange of ideas, good , bad or
indifferent.

Big John

Still working on my kill file to 'plonk' those I don't want to listen
to.

On 5 Aug 2003 02:36:56 -0700, (pac plyer) wrote:

> [...]
>she/he is: a ****ing moron... whoops: withdrawn! (hey, lawyers get
>away with that!) strike that from the record; I meant: a different
>mentally developed individual than myself. ;-)
>
>Someone (perhaps a colleague,) once alluded that, my posts "didn't
>ring true." If I'd of have a thicker skin, maybe I wouldn't have felt
>compelled to flame his sorry ass to the ground... but boy, I must
>confess, he deserved it and it sure felt Gooooood! I have since kinda
>regretted it (But the ******* asked for it, right?) O.K, O.K. it was
>wrong.
>
>But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
>We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
>you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
>professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't

Corky Scott
August 5th 03, 08:50 PM
On 5 Aug 2003 11:07:57 -0700, (pac plyer) wrote:

(Corky Scott) wrote:

>> pac plyer, just because you can do what many do doesn't mean you
>> should. If everyone ignored the rules of the road we'd have anarchy
>> and no one would be safe unless driving an armored car. And only then
>> until everyone else got one too. <reasonable stuff snipped>
>> Corky Scott
>
>Pac sez:
>
>Actually Corky, that's really not true. "Everyone" in many third
>world countries does ignore all the rules of the road. They ride in
>the same kind of cars that you and I do, and because speeds are so
>gridlocked due to ignoring stoplights and roadsigns, the fatality
>rate, while attmittedly worse than the U.S. is acceptable to them.

Hmmm, "acceptable to them." Did you ask them? Just because they
suffer a higher fatality rate than the U. S., with (I'm guessing)
fewer cars doesn't mean they think it's acceptable. It may be a fact
of life but that doesn't mean they think it's ok.

Anyway, I still suggest that the best response to an unacceptable
comment is silence.

Corky Scott

O-ring Seals
August 5th 03, 09:47 PM
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:19:36 -0500, Big John >
wrote:

>Bob
>
>BWB never touched a Nuc weapon. They had programs that screened out
>kooks like him.
>
>Big John
>Point of the sword

Big John,

I knew Bill as far back as those days. We were in a lab in Las Vegas
at the time, and also flew a lot together. I too doubt that Bill ever
"touched" a nuke. Why in the **** would he want to do that? He was
not a 'kook', and was not 'screened out'. Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance, and
his badge showed that he had access to a lot more areas than mine.
Thought you might be interested.

Regards,

O-ring Seals

Barnyard BOb --
August 6th 03, 12:31 AM
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:47:39 GMT, (O-ring
Seals) wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:19:36 -0500, Big John >
>wrote:
>
>>Bob
>>
>>BWB never touched a Nuc weapon. They had programs that screened out
>>kooks like him.
>>
>>Big John
>>Point of the sword
>>

>Big John,
>
>I knew Bill as far back as those days. We were in a lab in Las Vegas
>at the time, and also flew a lot together. I too doubt that Bill ever
>"touched" a nuke. Why in the **** would he want to do that? He was
>not a 'kook', and was not 'screened out'. Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance, and
>his badge showed that he had access to a lot more areas than mine.
>Thought you might be interested.
>
>Regards,
>
>O-ring Seals
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like I stated earlier, Big John...

BWB is not quite that simple a case.
You have just flunked BWB 101.

Barnyard BOb -

pac plyer
August 6th 03, 02:20 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli > wrote
> The function of a newsgroup is to exchange information.

Pac sez: (note, too tired to use a spell checker on this one.)

Good post Sydney. No Snowbird, I agree with Mike (just what is a
Nafod anyway?) :-) and Bob Reid on this one. The current function of
a newsgroup is really multi-faceted: its entertainment and
socializing, interupted by galactically stupid questions from mere
mortals that have nothing better to do than interupt our fine
conversations... he, he. ;-) But seriously, newbies simply need to
phrase things in the form of a respectful question, some old fart with
massive background in exactly that area may be lurking and will
accomplish that sharing of info function you mentioned. If no one
answers, keep trying or call EAA.

<snip good stuff>
>As such,
> it functions more like a small town or a local community than a
> "busy intercity freeway". People need to get to know whose advice
> is generally sound and what other people's personal tics are.
> Some meet IRL and break bread together. The topics of conversations
> may vary, and a certain amount of off-topic stuff is inevitable,
> but some kind of social compact is necessary for the group
> to be able to serve its intended function. You allude to this
> yourself. <snip>

Can't argue with that. There's a lot of on-ramps and off-ramps and
you can access any part of it your heart desires.

> Suppose they happened to have gobs of experience flying and building,
> well, what good does it do anyone if instead of sharing it, they
> spend all their time and energy picking fights and being disruptive?
> Other experienced people are unable to share their experience or get
> disgusted by the atmosphere and leave. <snip>

You and Bill have issues to be sure. Time to realize that RAH is not
real. Why any day now Google's going to get a brass-tacks DBA manager
who going to start eyeballing all that "unused" RAH storage space.
And you know what? Those old posts are going to just go up in smoke,
just like some of the old pre-Deja news stuff did. Why don't you two
just bury the hatchet?

> My point is, and perhaps I mistake you, you seem to be on the
> one hand pointing out that there's no mechanism to edit content
> other than the "social compact" as it were -- individual choice
> to either post a "sharp reprisal" or to refuse to associate
> with an individual by killfiling them, and the sum of such
> individual choices. <snip>

What's important to specify is that the "regulars" at least in this
group, have, and in some cases continue to cheat death on a regular
basis, in many cases for years on end. They have a greater breadth of
background, say than someone who buys a helo for cash and assumes that
the FAA is capable of watching over this highly questionable
experimental offering. For one of the regulating regulars like BWB to
point out "you're going to be a long time dead if you fly that thing"
is ten times more valuable to a homebuilder then a hundred flowery
writeups in the "Zoom Tunes Review" that are later reversed.

> <snip>
> And you're right.
>
> But, on the other hand, you seem to be criticizing Dan and
> "Big John" for pretty much doing as you say -- making a "sharp
> reprisal" against some stuff they don't like. If it's a "free
> newsgroup" where anything goes, aren't you playing "Netcop"
> yourself by critiquing them?
<snip> <snip>

Yeah, I just don't feel language or style is worthy of a witch hunt.
Now if someone claims their new helo is flawless, and others know
otherwise, that's different and disservant of sharp reprisal.

Syd, I know you got burned pretty bad by the terminator and his new
model. Third degree burns and all. Sorry. But thats not going to
kill you. IMHO most of you need to be more like a duck: let that old
water roll right down your back. From where I sit, the profanity
issue is just not high on the list of what's wrong with aviation in
America. John is a gentleman, and to him it's outrageous. The same
is true with Dan (my appol. Dan if your reading this.) Bill, however,
is a pirate in real life and on the net. To me, the diversity of the
group is what makes it rich.

> Bill made some great posts Once Upon a Time. Like, more than
> 4 years ago. It seems pretty clear to me he's no longer willing
> or able to do so. Just how much "reckless driving" does your
> community tolerate from someone who used to be a contributing
> citizen? Do you believe in fairy tales?

Well, in the Philippines, we all drink and drive and race all the
time, and no pilot has ever really gotten hurt. RAH is a frontier.
So, my answer is, do what I did for six years in the frontier: prop a
beer up on the dashboard, and if you spill the damn thing, pull over,
shut it down and catch a jeepney. BWB's been running you guys off the
road and spilling beer on the dashboard for some time. When he gets
this drinking and driving thing out of his system, like I did, I wager
he will return to the old radioactive personality he used to be. In
the mean time it really wouldn't hurt if you appologized to him for
being such a know-it-all all the time. (costs nothing, even if its not
true.) ;-)

Best regards from Captain Know-it-All himself,

pacplyer - over and out

pac plyer
August 6th 03, 03:17 AM
(Corky Scott) wrote:
<snip>

> Hmmm, "acceptable to them." Did you ask them? Just because they
> suffer a higher fatality rate than the U. S., with (I'm guessing)
> fewer cars doesn't mean they think it's acceptable. It may be a fact
> of life but that doesn't mean they think it's ok.

Pac sez:

Yes I did on many many occations. Lived there six years. In fact I
married one of them. I was trying for about three years to convince
them how bad things were compared to the U.S.(no seat belts, no
guardrails, bridges collapsing, ferries sinking with all aboard,
high-speed head-ons, unmarked trenches accross the road in the
dark..etc) But due to overpopulation, it started dawning on me that
human life has very little value there. I would point out the carnage
(sp?) and they would just smile and say, "its the Philippines sir, God
will protect us." So, I just gave up. Incidentally, they have ten
times the number of cars there we do per highway mile. Trust me, you
had to see it to believe it.

> Anyway, I still suggest that the best response to an unacceptable
> comment is silence.
>
> Corky Scott

Yes, I do believe you are right Corky. I have enjoyed your measured
restraint and knowledge for many years.

Best Regards,

pacplyer

B2431
August 6th 03, 03:19 AM
>Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance

Tot to put too fine a point on this, but Q was AEC and Top Secret was DOD and
nary the twain would meet.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Roger Halstead
August 6th 03, 04:13 AM
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:16:09 -0500, Big John >
wrote:

>pac plyer
>
>----clip----
>
>> If you are tired of reading a
>>particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out.
>>
>> ----clip----
>>
>>pacplyer! - out!
>
>Pacplyer
>
>I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
>posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
>sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
>redundant.

Depending on your news reader, just mark the thread to be ignored.
That is a real handy feature of agent.

For some reason I turned on "read all messages" instead of just the
unread ones. (I think it was to find the beginning of some thread),
but anyways... I discovered threads still running that I had marked
"ignore" over 6 months ago. <LOL>

>I have been looking for a program that will eliminate any quote of a
>individual after I 'plonk' him but haven't found one yet.

I just plonk the thread. Usually once it reaches the point where I
want to get rid of a poster I am about ready to get rid of the thread
as well.

Due to the variations of news readers and the way posters quote, or
use quotes it'd be almost impossible to program a filter to remove the
quoted text from just a specific poster when it is included.

<snip>

<snip>
>If you want 'filth' on the News Group, then I can forward some of the
>porno spam I get every day in my mail box, so you will have something
>to read when BWB isn't posting. Let me know.

I have my e-mail set to display as text only so I never see any of
those any more. Just about 15 adds for Viagra and another 15 or so
that I know what I'd find if I did turn on HTML. <:-))
Oh, and the 5 or 10, or 20 get rich quick schemes and the 4 or 5 South
African scams and variations there of. Oh, and another 10 for a
process that's supposed to help those who feel nature has left them at
a disadvantage. <:-))

Actually most of that stuff gets filtered to a [junk mail] folder
where I just check it for false positives about once a week, which is
about as often as I check the return address I use for posting.
Sooo...if any one e-mails me direct off the newsgroups, I will answer,
but it may take a while. So, I still only see about 5 or 6 spam a day
unless I go count the ones that are automatically filtered out.

I used the one address since 96 and never had more than 5 or 6 spam
per day on average. Then about two months ago the flood gates opened
and it went to 60. Now it's back down to about 30 and slowly getting
less since I disabled HTML. Prior to two months ago, I could never
figure out why people were complaining about so much spam.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>Have a nice day and fly safe.
>
>Big John

Roger Halstead
August 6th 03, 04:22 AM
<snip>

>You do not have to rise to the bait, you can ignor. In fact, the
>worst possible punishment for bad net behavior is to completely ignor
>the comments of obvious trolls.

I remember how well that worked in one particular instance.

Roger

>Corky Scott

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

John Ammeter
August 6th 03, 04:30 AM
John,

I've been to BWB's house. I suppose you could say I'm one
of the "ass lickers" as Bernie the Butt**** so quaintly puts
it.

That said, I've seen the certificates on Bills office walls.
I've seen the letter from a dean at the University of
Washington commending Bill on earning a straight 4.0
gradepoint for his work on the radiation physics medical
degree (I'm not sure of the exact name of the degree). The
letter also says that Bill was the FIRST and ONLY person to
ever do that.

He has had the clearances but, if I recall correctly, he has
let them lapse. To paraphrase him.... "I'm tired of the
Government checking what I do, what I drink and what I say".

He's walked the walk and talked the talk... If he wants to
push your buttons just to see you sputter and scream...
well, I think he's earned that right.

I've also been one of those that have emailed him and called
him by phone to "discuss" his off the wall diatribes towards
some of the folks here on RAH. I DON'T condone nor
appreciate his attacks against Sidney. I wouldn't use his
particular choices of language describing her. I DO agree
that she's a self important twit.

I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
irritating and obnoxious at times.

But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
they are. We all know who they are even though some may
think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
shows to peruse the internet.

On the other hand... Bernie the Butt**** only makes posts
condemning others posts. Check the records... his only
forte is chastising others for offending him or breaking one
of his posting rules. He says he wants to remain anonymous
for fear of harm from having his identity known...

I say he's a Troll... he has no life outside of his own
mind.. He lives only in the hope of attention to his
pitiful posts.

Crawl back into your hole, Bernie... we don't need you...

John Ammeter

Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:59:15 -0500, Big John
> wrote:

>O-ring Seals
>
>I also had a TS and some compartmented access that I don't go throwing
>around even today.
>
>Know there were a lot of strap hangers that rode in the wagon and
>didn't help pull or push, just talked. A number of these were
>associated with the RAND Corporation.
>
>They would get a study contract and come back and say, "yes, one and
>one are two" and the Air Force would pay them big money for their
>'studied' report.
>
>My grandfather could have done the same while smoking his pipe after
>dinner using 'common sense'.
>
>I haven't gone to the archives and looked at prior activities of BWB
>but if they match what has shown up on r.a.h. lately and what others
>have said about him, then I can get his clearances pulled if they are
>still active.
>
>I'm not making threats, just pointing out what can be done in the
>system.
>
>In this PC world today, it is easy to cut someone out of the pattern.
>

>Big John
>
>I need to go get a breath of fresh air....................
>

>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:47:39 GMT, (O-ring
>Seals) wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:19:36 -0500, Big John >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Bob
>>>
>>>BWB never touched a Nuc weapon. They had programs that screened out
>>>kooks like him.
>>>
>>>Big John
>>>Point of the sword
>>>

>>Big John,
>>
>>I knew Bill as far back as those days. We were in a lab in Las Vegas
>>at the time, and also flew a lot together. I too doubt that Bill ever
>>"touched" a nuke. Why in the **** would he want to do that? He was
>>not a 'kook', and was not 'screened out'. Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance, and
>>his badge showed that he had access to a lot more areas than mine.
>>Thought you might be interested.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>O-ring Seals

Sydney Hoeltzli
August 6th 03, 05:00 AM
Big John wrote:

> What torques me is the filthy language some use. It sounds like the
> truckers on the Citizens Band in vehicles. I stopped listening and
> took the radio out of my car because I didn't want my family to have
> to listen to that crap and if I had a customer in my car it sure
> didn't help me make any sale of my product/service.

Oh, Lordy! Yeah, I had a CB radio when we got married, 23 yrs
ago. It was stolen some 15 yrs back, and I never replaced it.
Even in those years it had become useless due to the awful
language.

Cheers,
Sydney

Jerry Springer
August 6th 03, 05:52 AM
John Ammeter wrote:
> John,
>

> I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
> Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
> know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
> irritating and obnoxious at times.
>
> But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
> they are. We all know who they are even though some may
> think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
> shows to peruse the internet.
>
> On the other hand... Bernie the Butt**** only makes posts
> condemning others posts. Check the records... his only
> forte is chastising others for offending him or breaking one
> of his posting rules. He says he wants to remain anonymous
> for fear of harm from having his identity known...

Me obnoxious? You must have me mixed up with someone else John :-)
Hay missed you at Arlington this year, I was there on Thursday and
Friday but did not see you. I missed seeing O-ring also. We need to give
Bernie a break he lives in Canada and is disabled, he is not a pilot and
has nothing better to do than entertain himself here and other
newsgroups. BTW here is a good place to get ideas for a TV show.

Jerry

PS not anything wrong with living in Canada if you want to, I have many
friends that live there.

Sydney Hoeltzli
August 6th 03, 06:17 AM
pac plyer wrote:

> Good post Sydney. No Snowbird, I agree with Mike (just what is a
> Nafod anyway?) :-) and Bob Reid on this one. The current function of
> a newsgroup is really multi-faceted: its entertainment and
> socializing, interupted by galactically stupid questions from mere
> mortals that have nothing better to do than interupt our fine
> conversations... he, he. ;-) But seriously, newbies simply need to
> phrase things in the form of a respectful question, some old fart with
> massive background in exactly that area may be lurking and will
> accomplish that sharing of info function you mentioned. If no one
> answers, keep trying or call EAA.

All right, let's stipulate that today, newsgroups have multifaced
functions.

Analogy:
It's cool to go to the local concert in the park and socialize,
eat hotdogs, so forth. It ain't the symphony, not everyone is
there to listen to the music, it has a multifaceted purpose.

OTOH, if one person or group becomes so loud and disruptive
that others are pretty much unable to listen to the music
or carry on their own conversations, that multifaceted purpose
is pretty much shot-to-hell, now, isn't it?

Back to this group:
If "old farts with massive backgrounds" move on because they
have other priorities in life than lurking in a poisonous atmosphere,
then those newbies are pretty much SOL and what happens to that
aspect of the "multifaceted purpose"?

<snip>
I do see a fundamental contradiction between your advice to others
to "killfile" or "not read" stuff they don't like and let it roll, '
vs. your own responses. That seemed to be an issue you sidestepped.

As for the rest of your comments, I'll say IMO you're missing
the boat and let it go at that; other uses for my time, got to
go water my cactus.

Out,
Sydney

pac plyer
August 6th 03, 06:21 AM
(B2431) wrote in message >...
> >Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
> >clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance
>
> Tot to put too fine a point on this, but Q was AEC and Top Secret was DOD and
> nary the twain would meet.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan,

Sorry about making you my target earlier, did not refer to you as a
"net nazi", was just pointing out that we are unmoderated here and
have been knee-deep in self-anoited netcops for years. I hope there's
no hard feelings.

As you know, there is another catagory of clearance that cannot be
discussed. Perhaps that is why O-rings used the lower "top secret."
Unless that rule has changed since I held a DOD top secret clearance.

pacplyer - out

Big John
August 6th 03, 07:10 AM
John

I'm not against arguing any thing from any position.

What I'm against it using filth for filth's sake. If someone can't
argue his point in a civilized manner then I have no reason to talk to
him.

I'm working to get my filters set to kill any of his posts and
hopefully any rely that quotes him. Only partially successful so far
but still working.

I do agree with some who have posted, that if no one answered his
posts he would get tired of playing with his self and go so something
else. I've see this happen where the regulars don't talk to a 'troll'
and someone drops in and see's the 'troll' posting and answers and is
caught up in the merry go round.

The best to you and BWB.

Big John

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 03:30:26 GMT, John Ammeter >
wrote:

> [...]
>>still active.
>>
>>I'm not making threats, just pointing out what can be done in the
>>system.
>>
>>In this PC world today, it is easy to cut someone out of the pattern.
>>

>>Big John
>>
>>I need to go get a breath of fresh air....................
>>

>>On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:47:39 GMT, (O-ring
>>Seals) wrote:

>>>Big John,
>>>
>>>I knew Bill as far back as those days. We were in a lab in Las Vegas
>>>at the time, and also flew a lot together. I too doubt that Bill ever
>>>"touched" a nuke. Why in the **** would he want to do that? He was
>>>not a 'kook', and was not 'screened out'. Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>>>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance, and
>>>his badge showed that he had access to a lot more areas than mine.

Bernie the Bunion
August 6th 03, 07:16 AM
> John Ammeter > wrote:

> John,
>
> I've been to BWB's house. I suppose you could say I'm one
> of the "ass lickers" as Bernie the Butt**** so quaintly puts
> it.
>
> That said, I've seen the certificates on Bills office walls.

And I have never ever, ever, ever, ever made any dispariging comments
about the personal accomplishments of Bill Phillips or anyone else in
this group.

Quite the contrary.

The fact is John - If I visited YOUR house I'm quite sure I'd see lots
of evidence on the wall of your accomplishments in life.

But I don't ever recall even on one occaission where YOU came to this
newsgroup and rammed those accomplishments down our collective throat
ad naseum and directly infered that YOU were better than anybody and
everbody and that is exactly what your friend Bill Phillips has done in
this newsgroup many many many dozens of times and YOU know it.

> I've seen the letter from a dean at the University of
> Washington commending Bill on earning a straight 4.0
> gradepoint for his work on the radiation physics medical
> degree (I'm not sure of the exact name of the degree). The
> letter also says that Bill was the FIRST and ONLY person to
> ever do that.

That's great John and I heartily commend Bill on that accomplishment
but in the overall scheme of things why does that accomplishement
and some of his other fine accomplishments have to be rammed down this
newsgroups throats in such a caustic and arrogant manner over and over
and over again.

After a couple of dozen times John....WHO THE **** CARES.

BESIDE HIM AND HIS EGO!!!!!!!!

WHO THE **** CARES.....??????????

> If he wants to push your buttons just to see you sputter
> and scream...well, I think he's earned that right.

Well it's YOU who is doing the sputtering and screaming tonite.

> I've also been one of those that have emailed him and called
> him by phone to "discuss" his off the wall diatribes towards
> some of the folks here on RAH. I DON'T condone nor
> appreciate his attacks against Sidney. I wouldn't use his
> particular choices of language describing her.

And at the time I do believe I gave YOU full credit for that.

> I DO agree that she's a self important twit.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR THAT COMMENT.

Compared to BWB, his attitude, his comments, his ego, his
arrogance, Sidney is milk and cookies. and YOU and everyone
in this group knows it.

Show me just one comment in this newsgroup from Sidney
that supports that statment.

Come on Mr Urban, Springer, Gonzo, Warren and Nancy, Captain Doug,
Ousterhout, Jim Weir, Mr. Pinkneyville, Juan, and all the rest of YOU
REGULARS IN THIS GROUP.

Your good friend John needs your immediate help to find just one
posting from Sidney clearly showing that she is a self important twit.

Your friend Bill has made hundreds if not thousands of posts in this
very newsgroup that show clearly that he is a self important twit.

And you call ME a buttlicker.

> But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
> they are.

I identify myself each and everytime I post John,
Same name - same IP address.

> Crawl back into your hole, Bernie... we don't need you...

Who is WE....????????

> Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

Of course

Yours Sincerely,
Bernard J. Bunion.

B2431
August 6th 03, 09:11 AM
I often wonder how someone new to this NG who really wants to learn feels
seeing juvenile behaviour such as this. There are people here who do know their
stuff yet act like children. I bet the aforementioned newbie misses the good
stuff for all the garbage.

Just me, but I can't bring myself to make personal or vulgar attacks to make a
point or get a rise out of a bunch of people it's likely I will never meet.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Badwater Bill
August 6th 03, 12:50 PM
On 06 Aug 2003 02:19:41 GMT, (B2431) wrote:

>>Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance
>
>Tot to put too fine a point on this, but Q was AEC and Top Secret was DOD and
>nary the twain would meet.
>
>Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Oh Bull ****. We worked hand in hand with guys wearing the black TS
bagdes from DOD. You ****ing idiot. You know nothing.

Where the hell did you come from, some hole in the ground?

I had three Bird Colonels working FOR me (reporting directly to me)
when I retired and I was a GS-15 with a "Q" clearance.

You obviously never worked in the nuclear weapons testing program.

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 6th 03, 12:55 PM
wrote:

>O-ring Seals
>
>I also had a TS and some compartmented access that I don't go throwing
>around even today.
>
>Know there were a lot of strap hangers that rode in the wagon and
>didn't help pull or push, just talked. A number of these were
>associated with the RAND Corporation.
>
>They would get a study contract and come back and say, "yes, one and
>one are two" and the Air Force would pay them big money for their
>'studied' report.
>
>My grandfather could have done the same while smoking his pipe after
>dinner using 'common sense'.
>
>I haven't gone to the archives and looked at prior activities of BWB
>but if they match what has shown up on r.a.h. lately and what others
>have said about him, then I can get his clearances pulled if they are
>still active.
>
>I'm not making threats, just pointing out what can be done in the
>system.
>
>In this PC world today, it is easy to cut someone out of the pattern.

Yeah, well why don't you do that you ****ing asshole. Is that what
you are all about, ****ing with people's livelyhood's in the real
world over some cuss words on your ****ing computer. You ****ing Jack
off. I'd love to meet your sorry ass in the real world.

IT's feeble minded pricks like you that screw up the Air Force or any
other governement service. You rat *******. You belong in the Hitler
Nazi Youth corps. so you can turn in your parents.

Go ahead and threaten me you cock sucker. I'll even tell you where I
am and how to find me. I'd love nothing better than for your sorry
ass to show up on my doorstep.

Cock Sucker!

BW

Badwater Bill
August 6th 03, 01:09 PM
>Your friend Bill has made hundreds if not thousands of posts in this
>very newsgroup that show clearly that he is a self important twit.
>

>Yours Sincerely,
>Bernard J. Bunion. Chicken**** Annonymous Poster

So, I'm a self important twit. So what? Jesus, Bernie,get a grip!

I'm beginning to worry about your mental stability from these
ramblings. Go see a counselor and get some therapy.

Here, Bernie, if this will shut you up, I'll just agree with you.

I'm the single most wonderful person I know,
I'm witty, I'm Charming, I'm smart,
I'm often so brilliant I actually glow.
I'm a genius in science and art.

I'm super, I'm splendid, I'm Stunning, I'm Strong
I'm awesome, I'm dashing, I'm bold.
I...know all the answers, it's rare that I'm wrong!
I'm an absolute joy to behold.

I'm stunningly hansome, I'm thoroughly grand,
I'm uncategorically clever.
There's only one thing that I can't understand.
Why Bernie doen't like me...Not ever!

Yeah, Bernie, I think I'm the coolest dude on Earth. I'm the greatest
guy on the planet to me Bernie. I'm cool, I'm smart, I'm happy, I get
laid a lot. I fly neat machines, and everyday all I do is think about
how I can optimize my life for FUN, FUN, FUN. Even when it has to be
at the expense of a cowardly little puke annonymous poster like you.

Now, go spend another hour responding to this post so we can all see
that you suffer from LMC (low marble count).

BWB

nafod40
August 6th 03, 01:59 PM
pac plyer wrote:

> Sydney Hoeltzli > wrote
>> The function of a newsgroup is to exchange information.
>
> Pac sez: (note, too tired to use a spell checker on this one.)
>
> Good post Sydney. No Snowbird, I agree with Mike (just what is a
> Nafod anyway?)

NAFOD = no apparent fear of death. A name typically given to naval aviators
who are too lucky to die, but too stupid to know it was luck.

Barnyard BOb --
August 6th 03, 02:35 PM
>I've also been one of those that have emailed him and called
>him by phone to "discuss" his off the wall diatribes towards
>some of the folks here on RAH. I DON'T condone nor
>appreciate his attacks against Sidney. I wouldn't use his
>particular choices of language describing her. I DO agree
>that she's a self important twit.
>
>John Ammeter
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

twit
n : someone who is regarded as contemptible

Slang - A foolishly annoying person.

Dear John:

I CANNOT begin to agree that Sydney is twit... of any sort.
Your value system appears to be in need of a top overhaul.

Have you have been associatiing with the truly self important for so
long that it causes you make an uncalled remark of this caliber?

I've admired your manner and style for years.
This is, indeed, a disappointment and a shame.

Robert Urban alias Barnyard BOb

ChuckSlusarczyk
August 6th 03, 04:28 PM
In article >, Badwater Bill says...

>Yes, after all these years, I must stand up for Jim Campbell, my hero.
>Jim has done it all. He's the single most wonderful person he
>knows...I mean that I know. Yes, he's my hero. He's the air-cop of
>the universe, putting all the sheisters out of business, supporting
>the average "Joe." Just making things RIGHT for GA. My hero Jim
>Campbell is my pick for pilot of the year...schmuck of the year(where
>the hell did that come from?)...gentleman and do-it-all of the year.

Gee Bill I didn't know that such a heartfelt sentiment could come from you and
while your tongue was so firmly planted in your cheek. I hope zoom gets all he
deserves for everything he's done....

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

"evil didn't prosper because good men spoke and evil was nuts" anon

B2431
August 6th 03, 05:24 PM

>>>Like me, he had an AEC "Q"
>>>clearance. Maybe he still does. This is a Top Seceret clearance
>>
>>Tot to put too fine a point on this, but Q was AEC and Top Secret was DOD
>and
>>nary the twain would meet.
>>
>>Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

<snip>. We worked hand in hand with guys wearing the black TS
>bagdes from DOD. <snip>
You know nothing.

<snip>

Pay attention, I was responding to Q as being described as Top Secret. I simply
pointed out they were issued by different agencies.

Have a nice day.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

O-ring Seals
August 6th 03, 07:43 PM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:16:34 GMT, Bernie the Bunion
> wrote:

>> John Ammeter > wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> I've been to BWB's house. I suppose you could say I'm one
>> of the "ass lickers" as Bernie the Butt**** so quaintly puts
>> it.
>>
>> That said, I've seen the certificates on Bills office walls.

What the guys need to understand is that Bill throws the alphabet soup
about degrees etc. around just to get a response. Don't take it so
seriously. What he does not tell you are things like he went into
Three Mile Island with the emergency response team, and that he
received a gold medal from the President for his part in a massive
environmental study. There is more, but he chooses not to share these
things with the group. I know they are importent to him, and it would
probably be to painful to have people try to discredit those things
also.

O-ring Seals

pac plyer
August 6th 03, 08:01 PM
Jerry Springer > wrote:
<snip> >

> Me obnoxious? You must have me mixed up with someone else John :-)
> Hay missed you at Arlington this year, I was there on Thursday and
> Friday but did not see you. I missed seeing O-ring also. We need to give
> Bernie a break he lives in Canada and is disabled, he is not a pilot and
> has nothing better to do than entertain himself here and other
> newsgroups. BTW here is a good place to get ideas for a TV show.
>
> Jerry
>
> PS not anything wrong with living in Canada if you want to, I have many
> friends that live there.

Dang, did I get that one wrong. I was sure in the 90's that Bernie
was a sock puppet for Capt. Mooz since he always showed up to ruin RAH
everytime jokes were cracked about the great Captain/Doctor. Sorry
Bernie for misidentifing you. By the way, can't we all just gets
along? You originally a Kiwi? Some of my fondest layovers were in
Aukland, and one in Christchurch (chasing sheep.)

pacplyer
learning to live with trolls

Bernie the Bunion
August 6th 03, 08:22 PM
> O-ring Seals > wrote:

> What the guys need to understand is that Bill throws the alphabet soup
> about degrees etc. around just to get a response.

WHY....??????????

Name one other person who is a regular or lurker in this group who
throws their degrees or accomplishments around just to get a response.

JUST ONE.....

> Don't take it so seriously.

Why Not...?????

Mr. Phillips takes it seriously and makes sure we are painfully aware
of time after time after time.

> What he does not tell you are things like he went into
> Three Mile Island with the emergency response team, and that he
> received a gold medal from the President for his part in a massive
> environmental study.

Well good for him.

Nobody is detracting from the man's accomplishments in life which are
considerable but do we need to hear about them month after month
from HIS lips.

> There is more, but he chooses not to share these
> things with the group.

For that small consideration some in this group will be eternally
gratefull.

> I know they are importent to him, and it would
> probably be to painful to have people try to discredit those things
> also.

O-Ring..... Name one person in this group who has ever tried to
discredit Bill Phillips for his accomplishments.

JUST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND QUOTE THEIR EXACT COMMENTS INCLUDING HEADERS
FOR ALL TO SEE.

And while you are at it, please name one other person in this group
who has ever worn their accomplishments on their sleeve like Mr.
Phillips does on a regular basis.

JUST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You perhaps, or Mr. Ousterhout, John Ammeter, Chuck Slusarczyk,
Barnaby Wainfan, Captain Doug, Warren and Nancy, Sidney,
Jim Weir, Unka Bob, Del Rawlings, Jerry Springer, Roger Halstead,
Pac Player, Morgans, a@aa, Ron Wantajja, Russel Kent, Larry Smith,
Juan Jimenez, Blue Skies, Ken SandyEGGO, Jay Honeck,
Corky Scott...??????

Just one O-Ring...... Just name one.

AND QUOTE THEIR EXACT COMMENTS INCLUDING HEADERS
FOR ALL TO SEE.

O-Ring every one of those names above is a regular contributor
to this group and every one of them have accomplishments in
life that they are proud of. In many cases they share stories
of those accomplishemtns which are both entertaining and informative
and in some cases thought provoking, but not one that I'm aware of
has ever rammed those accomplishments down our collective
throats repeatedly ad naseum for years on end and demanded total
subservient kowtowing and asslicking so that their personal ego
can be satisfied on a regular basis.

And if the above paragraph is NOT true and DOES NOT hit the
nail squarly on the head them name that person.

AND QUOTE THEIR EXACT COMMENTS INCLUDING HEADERS
FOR ALL TO SEE.

pac plyer
August 6th 03, 09:08 PM
Pac sez: Guess who's comming to dinner?

Well isn't that nice. See, we all have a lot in common already. We
all like to eat ballpark franks. Ahemm... Glad we could get together
like this courtesy of Al Gores's Internet Super Highway... Bringing
the world's best of the best together... Ahem.. My, the weather's
been very humid lately.... just you put that bowknife down for a
minute will you, John? Thank you... uh....

that things not loaded is it Bill? ..... oh, it is....

how lovely....

gee, does anybody have a celphone with a 911 fastdial? I think I'll
just take these flamethrowers in the kitchen for refueling, Can I get
anybody some hemlock, I mean jet fuel from the bar while I'm there?

Bill, please don't throw those throwing stars so close to John's head,
they're for decoration only.

Yes John, that is a real Samerri Sword on the Mantle... uh, please put
it back up there...

Oooopps, there's someone at the door! We'll look who's here! It's old
USAF Retired Dan with Oral Roberts, and a bunch of torch carrying
trolls and netcops come carolling on the front yard to serenade us,
how thoughtful. Hmmm, they're burning a cross on the front yard with
gasoline... chanting must be part of the song lyrics or something...

Oh Yes...sigh... All this free behavior makes me proud to be an
American! Yes sirrie! We'll have to do this again real soon. :-)

pacplyer (email's inop)

(Badwater Bill) wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:59:15 -0500, Big John >
> wrote:
>
> >O-ring Seals
> >
> >I also had a TS and some compartmented access that I don't go throwing
> >around even today.
> >
> >Know there were a lot of strap hangers that rode in the wagon and
> >didn't help pull or push, just talked. A number of these were
> >associated with the RAND Corporation.
> >
> >They would get a study contract and come back and say, "yes, one and
> >one are two" and the Air Force would pay them big money for their
> >'studied' report.
> >
> >My grandfather could have done the same while smoking his pipe after
> >dinner using 'common sense'.
> >
> >I haven't gone to the archives and looked at prior activities of BWB
> >but if they match what has shown up on r.a.h. lately and what others
> >have said about him, then I can get his clearances pulled if they are
> >still active.
> >
> >I'm not making threats, just pointing out what can be done in the
> >system.
> >
> >In this PC world today, it is easy to cut someone out of the pattern.
>

> Yeah, well why don't you do that you ****ing asshole. Is that what
> you are all about, ****ing with people's livelyhood's in the real
> world over some cuss words on your ****ing computer. You ****ing Jack
> off. I'd love to meet your sorry ass in the real world.
>
> IT's feeble minded pricks like you that screw up the Air Force or any
> other governement service. You rat *******. You belong in the Hitler
> Nazi Youth corps. so you can turn in your parents.
>
> Go ahead and threaten me you cock sucker. I'll even tell you where I
> am and how to find me. I'd love nothing better than for your sorry
> ass to show up on my doorstep.
>
> Cock Sucker!
>
> BW

RobertR237
August 7th 03, 12:57 AM
In article >,
(pac plyer) writes:

>Dan,
>
>Sorry about making you my target earlier, did not refer to you as a
>"net nazi", was just pointing out that we are unmoderated here and
>have been knee-deep in self-anoited netcops for years. I hope there's
>no hard feelings.
>
>As you know, there is another catagory of clearance that cannot be
>discussed. Perhaps that is why O-rings used the lower "top secret."
>Unless that rule has changed since I held a DOD top secret clearance.
>
>pacplyer - out

I can assure that a "Top Secret" clearance is only the tip of the iceburg and
there are many levels beyond that. Top Secret is a general category which is
only the beginning point. Levels beyond that are much more specific in nature
and are based on the "Need to Know" requirements. The Top Secret clearance
requires an extensive background investigation but not nearly as extensive as
the higher clearances. The government performed a total of four background
investigations on me when I was in the Air Force with each being more detailed
than the prior. They don't give those clearances to you if you have even a
hint of a problem.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

August 7th 03, 01:02 AM
On 6 Aug 2003 12:01:15 -0700, (pac plyer) wrote:

:Jerry Springer > wrote:
:<snip> >
:
:> Me obnoxious? You must have me mixed up with someone else John :-)
:> Hay missed you at Arlington this year, I was there on Thursday and
:> Friday but did not see you. I missed seeing O-ring also. We need to give
:> Bernie a break he lives in Canada and is disabled, he is not a pilot and
:> has nothing better to do than entertain himself here and other
:> newsgroups. BTW here is a good place to get ideas for a TV show.
:>
:> Jerry
:>
:> PS not anything wrong with living in Canada if you want to, I have many
:> friends that live there.
:
:Dang, did I get that one wrong. I was sure in the 90's that Bernie
:was a sock puppet for Capt. Mooz since he always showed up to ruin RAH
:everytime jokes were cracked about the great Captain/Doctor. Sorry
:Bernie for misidentifing you. By the way, can't we all just gets
:along? You originally a Kiwi? Some of my fondest layovers were in
:Aukland, and one in Christchurch (chasing sheep.)
:
:pacplyer
:learning to live with trolls

Don't confuse Bertie the Bunyip with Bernie the Bunion. Two different
people.

Bertie:
Named after a puppet on a kids show in PA in the early 60's
Primary targets: Ralph and Tarver on Alt.Aviation.Safety
Location: Europe

Bernie:
Named after Bertie
Primary target: Badwater Bill on RAH
Location: Canada

Badwater Bill
August 7th 03, 01:56 AM

>O-Ring every one of those names above is a regular contributor
>to this group and every one of them have accomplishments in
>life that they are proud of. In many cases they share stories
>of those accomplishemtns which are both entertaining and informative
>and in some cases thought provoking, but not one that I'm aware of
>has ever rammed those accomplishments down our collective
>throats repeatedly ad naseum for years on end and demanded total
>subservient kowtowing and asslicking so that their personal ego
>can be satisfied on a regular basis.
>
>And if the above paragraph is NOT true and DOES NOT hit the
>nail squarly on the head them name that person.
>
>AND QUOTE THEIR EXACT COMMENTS INCLUDING HEADERS
>FOR ALL TO SEE.

You know what the real problem is Bernie the Butt****? It's that
these trivial accomplishments I've posted here...degrees, metals,
awards, etc. are just the tip of the iceberg. The real stuff...I
never have mentioned. I consider all the **** you worry about just
life's trivia. The real stuff. The real missions, I would never
reveal to a puke like you or anybody else here in public. You can
only wonder.

BBBWWAAAAHAHHAHHHAHHAAAAAAAA

Ever launched a rocket into space? Ever touched a nuke? Ever ****ed
a virgin?

BBBWAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHAAAAAAAA

You guess about it, and wonder, little man...puney anonymous little
man.

Bobby Seals was a water chemist in our laboratory. He was on a
completely different mission than the rest of us. He had no access to
any of the nuclear weapons testing program, nor did he even want it.
He was a remote associate in that laboratory to that program, doing an
environmental study on the fresh water lakes in the US. He even had
his own lab within our radiation lab. My webpage shows Huey
Helicopters on floats sampling lakes throughout the US. He did the
analysis on the water we shipped home to the lab for that mission.

It just so happened that he had to work in a laboratory where the rest
of us (mostly) supported the nuclear weapons testing program, so he
needed a clearance too....so he could even eat lunch around us. He
knows nothing of the areas that any of us had access to or what we
did. It was all "need to know" an he had no need to know to do his
job.

Radiochemistry, Radiobiology, Gamma Spectroscopy, Alpha
Spectroscopy, and beta counting are only periferal to his mission with
us at that time. He has no clue as to what we were doing flying the
missions.

BWB

Big John
August 7th 03, 02:07 AM
Bernie

Almost missed. My filters are starting to work <G>

----clip----

>> What he does not tell you are things like he went into
>> Three Mile Island with the emergency response team, and that he
>> received a gold medal from the President for his part in a massive
>> environmental study.
>
>Well good for him.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````````
I sat over a live tower shot in the desert north of Las Vegas.
Because of un forecasted Jet Stream, was closer than planned, so got a
'wee bit of a dose'. All in a days work.

When the humidity goes down, here in Houston, I tend to glow in the
dark. Have been told that half life is forever and ever and a day
unless I die earlier. <G>

Does every one want to stand up and clap....................
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````

----clip----

I never had to back up to the pay table. (Old Army expression)

Big John

Bernie the Bunion
August 7th 03, 05:11 AM
< Badwater Bill > wrote:

> Bobby Seals was
> He was
> He had
> he even
> He was
> He did

Interesting information snipped for brevity.

Well Bill thank you for providing such an informative post about
O-Ring. I do believe that is the first time I have ever seen that
biography about one of your close friends being posted here by
yourself.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind returning with more informative posts
about some of your other newsgroup friends.

I'm sure the newsgroup would be very interested in your comments.

Now I know the list is long but do you think you could do Sidney
next, and then perhaps the guy that runs the Pinkneyville fly in.

Badwater Bill
August 7th 03, 06:59 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:07:14 -0500, Big John >
wrote:

>Bernie
>
>Almost missed. My filters are starting to work <G>
>
>----clip----
>

>>> What he does not tell you are things like he went into
>>> Three Mile Island with the emergency response team, and that he
>>> received a gold medal from the President for his part in a massive
>>> environmental study.
>>
>>Well good for him.
>`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````````
>I sat over a live tower shot in the desert north of Las Vegas.
>Because of un forecasted Jet Stream, was closer than planned, so got a
>'wee bit of a dose'. All in a days work.
>
>When the humidity goes down, here in Houston, I tend to glow in the
>dark. Have been told that half life is forever and ever and a day
>unless I die earlier. <G>
>
>Does every one want to stand up and clap....................
>`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
>
>----clip----
>
>I never had to back up to the pay table. (Old Army expression)
>

>Big John

You are about as ****ed up as a soup sandwich asshole. You never got
a dose of anything other than the clap, for screwing one of your
relatives.

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 7th 03, 07:00 AM
On 6 Aug 2003 17:24:44 -0700, (pac plyer) wrote:

>nafod40 > wrote in message >...
>> pac plyer wrote:
>>
>> > Sydney Hoeltzli > wrote
>> >
>> > Pac sez: (note, too tired to use a spell checker on this one.)
>> >
>> > Good post Sydney. No Snowbird, I agree with Mike (just what is a
>> > Nafod anyway?)
>>
>> NAFOD = no apparent fear of death. A name typically given to naval aviators
>> who are too lucky to die, but too stupid to know it was luck.
>
>Was that for 40 years? God that's rich! :^D LOL! Hey Mike, when
>you get time tell us some more "Coke-on-the-palm-of-my-hands" type
>stories.
>
>pacplyer
>night cargo nafod

Hey, this guy is new. I like him. Funny as hell. Hang in there
buddy until the dweebs get you down. Most of the people here can't
fly, can't fart, can't take a **** without the nurse. You'll find
that out soon.

BWB

nafod40
August 7th 03, 03:17 PM
pac plyer wrote:

> nafod40 > wrote in message
> pac plyer wrote:
>
> Was that for 40 years? God that's rich! :^D LOL! Hey Mike, when
> you get time tell us some more "Coke-on-the-palm-of-my-hands" type
> stories.

Well, I'd tell you about the time I was sitting on the "seat of ease" in
the back of the E-2 which was parked in orbit just north of the Libya line
of death, having accidentally eaten fresh vegetables in Turkey on liberty
and now in constant godawful gastric distress, and wondering if my
absolutely brand spanking new nugget copilot with fear in his eyes ("Don't
leave me up here alone!") was screwing up and heading south, and wondering
further if a Libyan SA-5 was enroute at Mach 6+ and about to remove the
front of my plane, thereby leaving me momentarily perched on my throne at
30,000 feet like Zeus himself with all of the sea and the heavens before
me, until I pitched forward and plunged six vertical miles into the sea,
naked but for my flightsuit streaming upwards from the ankles.

But it'd bore you.

Warren & Nancy
August 7th 03, 03:52 PM
pac plyer wrote:

> Jerry Springer > wrote:
> <snip> >
>
> > Me obnoxious? You must have me mixed up with someone else John :-)
> > Hay missed you at Arlington this year, I was there on Thursday and
> > Friday but did not see you. I missed seeing O-ring also. We need to give
> > Bernie a break he lives in Canada and is disabled, he is not a pilot and
> > has nothing better to do than entertain himself here and other
> > newsgroups. BTW here is a good place to get ideas for a TV show.
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > PS not anything wrong with living in Canada if you want to, I have many
> > friends that live there.
>
> Dang, did I get that one wrong. I was sure in the 90's that Bernie
> was a sock puppet for Capt. Mooz since he always showed up to ruin RAH
> everytime jokes were cracked about the great Captain/Doctor. Sorry
> Bernie for misidentifing you. By the way, can't we all just gets
> along? You originally a Kiwi? Some of my fondest layovers were in
> Aukland, and one in Christchurch (chasing sheep.)
>
> pacplyer
> learning to live with trolls

Wasn't there a "Bertie the Bunyip" somewhere along there? Is that the same as
Bernie the Bunion?

Warren

Badwater Bill
August 8th 03, 03:06 PM
>Funny **** nafod,
>
>pacplyer

Funny indeed. Finally a couple of guys with something to say. Please
stay.

BWB

pac plyer
August 8th 03, 08:41 PM
(Badwater Bill) wrote in message >...
> >Funny **** nafod,
> >
> >pacplyer
>
> Funny indeed. Finally a couple of guys with something to say. Please
> stay.
>
> BWB

Thanks Dr. StrangeWater. I'll stay now for sure since the annoyomous
"Pollster" asked me to leave. ;-)

pac - out

John Stricker
August 9th 03, 06:21 AM
Ampmeter,

I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
mentioned.

If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.

John "I sign mine too" Stricker

"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
> I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
> Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
> know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
> irritating and obnoxious at times.
>
> But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
> they are. We all know who they are even though some may
> think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
> shows to peruse the internet.
>
> John Ammeter
>
> Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

pac plyer
August 9th 03, 06:44 AM
Big John > wrote

> I never had to back up to the pay table. (Old Army expression)
>

> Big John

Hey John,

Nobody's going to believe this, but one day on the 74 I picked up the
RA/DG(restricted articles/Dangerous Good) form and it listed several
pounds of Plutonium on the form! At the former airline we had a TI
limit of 50, but to get cushy government DG mac contracts we got a
special exemption from the faa (no passengers allowed) that had no
limit to the TI. I remembered that our ops specs specifically
prohibited this stuff from being on board. I complained to the
captain who had the agent take the form back to ops as we sat in the
jet waiting to go. The ramp agent returned with another form that
said nuclear medicine sample, and then he clammered back down the
ladder before I could question him, got in his truck and took off. I
couldn't help notice that the Cargo doors were all still closed so
nothing got taken off. :-#

I'm still kicking myself today for not going inside and burning a copy
for the Union to see today (this was pre-union)

and I thought that glow was the moon every night!

John were you army air corps, then USAF?

your friend

pac "rads" plyer

John Ammeter
August 9th 03, 11:33 PM
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:30 -0500, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>Ampmeter,
>
>I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
>mentioned.
>
>If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.
>
>John "I sign mine too" Stricker
>
>"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
>> I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
>> Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
>> know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
>> irritating and obnoxious at times.
>>
>> But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
>> they are. We all know who they are even though some may
>> think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
>> shows to peruse the internet.
>>
>> John Ammeter
>>
>> Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

No doubt, Stricker, you're in a class by yourself... Now,
is that high class or low class......

BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?

john

Del Rawlins
August 10th 03, 03:17 AM
On 09 Aug 2003 02:33 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:

> BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?

John, are you about ready to build that Bearhawk we talked about? 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

John Ammeter
August 10th 03, 03:43 AM
On 10 Aug 2003 02:17:29 GMT, Del Rawlins
> wrote:

>On 09 Aug 2003 02:33 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:
>
>> BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?
>
>John, are you about ready to build that Bearhawk we talked about? 8^)

will it take off in less than 100 feet?

John

John Stricker
August 10th 03, 04:22 AM
Yep, got the picture.

You need to mow your weeds you slacker. 8-)

John Stricker

"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:30 -0500, "John Stricker"
> > wrote:
>
> >Ampmeter,
> >
> >I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
> >mentioned.
> >
> >If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.
> >
> >John "I sign mine too" Stricker
> >
> >"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
> >> I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
> >> Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
> >> know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
> >> irritating and obnoxious at times.
> >>
> >> But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
> >> they are. We all know who they are even though some may
> >> think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
> >> shows to peruse the internet.
> >>
> >> John Ammeter
> >>
> >> Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??
> >>

> No doubt, Stricker, you're in a class by yourself... Now,
> is that high class or low class......
>
> BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?
>
> john

John Ammeter
August 10th 03, 04:39 AM
I rented one of those DR weed wackers for 4 hours. At one
time, I thought I might have to hook a cable onto my truck
and tow the DR out of the weeds. The weeds were over 6 feet
tall, the DR was grunting its way forward and I was HOPING
that we'd make it to the far side of the patch.

John

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:22:39 -0500, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>Yep, got the picture.
>
>You need to mow your weeds you slacker. 8-)
>
>John Stricker
>
>"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:30 -0500, "John Stricker"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Ampmeter,
>> >
>> >I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
>> >mentioned.
>> >
>> >If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.
>> >
>> >John "I sign mine too" Stricker

>> No doubt, Stricker, you're in a class by yourself... Now,
>> is that high class or low class......
>>
>> BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?
>>
>> john

Del Rawlins
August 10th 03, 07:15 AM
On 09 Aug 2003 06:43 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:

> will it take off in less than 100 feet?

I don't have a distance figure but guys who have flown an O-540 powered
Bearhawk say that by the time you are finished putting in the power, you
are airborne. Bob Barrows' 2nd prototype with the 260hp lyc weighs in
at 1270 empty with a constant speed prop. Wing area = 180 square feet.
You do the math. The flaps are around 8 feet long, and go down 50
degrees.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

B2431
August 10th 03, 10:54 AM
>On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.

AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Kevin Horton
August 10th 03, 11:38 AM
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:54:53 +0000, B2431 wrote:

>>On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.
>
> AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
> 1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.
>
> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Nope, it is was 1947. Straight from the USAF Museum's web site:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/postwwii/nsa.htm

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada
http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/

pac plyer
August 10th 03, 02:27 PM
Big John > wrote in message >...

> ----clip----
>
> Shot went off (I was on 100% oxy) and I could smell Ozone. First
> indication that I had gotten a good dose.
>
> On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.
>
> Your right, we used to do a lot of things that you can't do any more.
> Can remember flying X country on the deck all the way. Highest would
> be when pitched UP to make the tactical landing pattern.
>
> Just read a paper back on Pappy Boyington. Took a lot of bloom off the
> rose.

Big John,

What airplane were you flying durring durring the shot? You ever
worry about scooping a bird on those low-level runs?

Yeah, I heard about Pappy. Kinda explains why he was always drunk at
airshows, having to tell the same lies over and over again to little
kids all day. Sad. OTOH he did take nothing and turned it into
something. I'm told a true story was the Black Sheep and Tigers
recrossing paths resulted in a bad barfight in the pacific. My
original trunk outfit was started by those guys in Bud Conastogas
(ugly airplanes) in the 50's. (sorry I can't spell, too lazy) :-)

pac

B2431
August 10th 03, 11:52 PM

>On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:54:53 +0000, B2431 wrote:
>
>>>On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.
>>
>> AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
>> 1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.
>>
>> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>
>Nope, it is was 1947. Straight from the USAF Museum's web site:
>
>http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/postwwii/nsa.htm
>
>--
>Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
>Ottawa, Canada
>http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/

From that website it says:

"During WW II, the AAF was almost independent from the Army, "

Notice it says AAF, not AAC.

1907 - Aeronautical Section of the Signal Corps.
1914 - Aviation Section (Signal Corps).
1918 - United States Army Air Service
1926 - United States Army Air Corps
1941 - United States Army Air Forces
1947 - United States Air Force

Source: http://www.aafha.org/

Dan, U. S, Air Force, retired

Kevin Horton
August 11th 03, 12:02 AM
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:52:51 +0000, B2431 wrote:

>>> AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
>>> 1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.
>>>
>>> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>>
>>Nope, it is was 1947. Straight from the USAF Museum's web site:
>>
>>http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/postwwii/nsa.htm
>>
>>--
>>Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
>>Ottawa, Canada
>>http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/
>
> From that website it says:
>
> "During WW II, the AAF was almost independent from the Army, "
>
> Notice it says AAF, not AAC.
>
> 1907 - Aeronautical Section of the Signal Corps.
> 1914 - Aviation Section (Signal Corps).
> 1918 - United States Army Air Service
> 1926 - United States Army Air Corps
> 1941 - United States Army Air Forces
> 1947 - United States Air Force
>
> Source: http://www.aafha.org/
>
> Dan, U. S, Air Force, retired

Hmm. Yep, you are correct. I thought they went straight from the AAC to
the USAF. I'll practice those reading skills.

First mistake this year :)

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada
http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/

Big John
August 11th 03, 01:36 AM
pac

On 10 Aug 2003 06:27:24 -0700, (pac plyer) wrote:

>Big John > wrote in message >...
>>
>> ----clip----
>>
>> Shot went off (I was on 100% oxy) and I could smell Ozone. First
>> indication that I had gotten a good dose.
>>
>> On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.

WWII Air Corps personnel had a strong sentimental attachment to their
branch. The Air Corps had an aura about it that seemed to set it apart
from other Army branches.Now sixty years later, many WWII servicemen
still proudly identify themselves as veterans of the Air Corps.
However -- although the Air Corps was their branch -- they actually
served and fought in the Army Air Forces.

Unquote

>> Your right, we used to do a lot of things that you can't do any more.
>> Can remember flying X country on the deck all the way. Highest would
>> be when pitched UP to make the tactical landing pattern.
>>
>> Just read a paper back on Pappy Boyington. Took a lot of bloom off the
>> rose.
>
>Big John,
>
>What airplane were you flying durring during the shot?

F2H3 (Big Banshee) Navy all WX and Nuc strike bird. Got the name of
the shot but like everything else is in one pile around here or
another.................

You ever
>worry about scooping a bird on those low-level runs?

Nope. We were invincible being that young and going to War.
Attitude was, live for today as tomorrow you may die. Flew the ragged
edge all the time (and buried our friends at regular intervals).

>Yeah, I heard about Pappy. Kinda explains why he was always drunk at
>airshows, having to tell the same lies over and over again to little
>kids all day. Sad. OTOH he did take nothing and turned it into
>something. I'm told a true story was the Black Sheep and Tigers
>recrossing paths resulted in a bad barfight in the pacific. My
>original trunk outfit was started by those guys in Bud Conastogas
>(ugly airplanes) in the 50's. (sorry I can't spell, too lazy) :-)

Knew he drank but knew several 'good' combat leaders who drank heavy.
When they came back to the US and into the 'bean counter' environment
they were gradually eased out. Have seen it happen in other conflicts
since WWII. Good combat leaders didn't always follow the rule book.
They get results, not brownie points for shined shoes, etc.

Bud Conastogas????????????????? (Airplane, bar ???)

And the best

Big John

Big John
August 11th 03, 01:43 AM
Dad

On 10 Aug 2003 09:54:53 GMT, (B2431) wrote:

>>On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.
>
>AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
>1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.
>
>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

B2431
August 11th 03, 09:07 AM
>First mistake this year :)
>
>--
>Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
>Ottawa, Canada

I make mistakes on a daily basis. I'll be happy to share.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Badwater Bill
August 17th 03, 03:51 PM
On 7 Aug 2003 12:24:53 -0700, wrote:

>In article >, pac plyer says...
>>
>>pac

>>>Wasn't there a "Bertie the Bunyip" somewhere along there? Is that the same as
>>> Bernie the Bunion?
>>>
>>> Warren
>>
>>Yeah there was. I think I'm confusing the two, but as I recall, they
>>were both low-octane trolls. I think that's kind of the troll thing
>>too: multiple identities that re-enforce each other. I dunno.... Like
>>Tony P. used to say: I speak for myself unless otherwise indicated;
>>one personality is enough thank you, .......or something like that.
>>
>>pac - out
>
>Pac, how do you know Tony? You never posted till a couple of years after he was
>dead?

Tony hasn't been dead but one and one half year right now. What are
you getting at? Tony died in December a year and a half ago.

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 18th 03, 03:14 PM

>Hey Bill, I'm not seeing posts from the guy that pinged "How do you
>know Tony?" until someone else responds to him and leaves part of the
>post in there. Using Explorer 6.0.2800. No filters. What.. do I have
>to switch to a different newsreader to see this guy?
>
>Yes I'm new at posting, but not at lurking.
>
>pacplyer

You got me man. I use Agent from Forte' You might want to download
it and try it. Works great once you set it up. It might be your ISP
too. They might be filtering some ISP's out for some reason. Are you
AOL? If you are, trash it and get a real ISP. AOL is unusable for
the usegroups. It's awkward and you can't see any of the threads or
follow the topics. Use Free Agent, it's 100 times better than what
AOL does.

Other than that, I don't know what your problem might be.

Pac, if you are Paul, call me, you have my number and I'll help you.
If you aren't Paul, then go get my phone number from Paul and call me.
I'll drive over there and buy you a beer.

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 18th 03, 03:15 PM

>>Tony hasn't been dead but one and one half year right now. What are
>>you getting at? Tony died in December a year and a half ago.
>>
>>BWB
>
>I'm getting at the fact that your sock puppet isn't very good. Pac Plyer made
>his first post anywhere May 25 2003. He didn't exist when Tony was alive but he
>remember's Tony's sig line. His Directway IP puts him in Las Vegas. He knows
>all about Zoom, but he never heard of you. Somehow he missed everything you
>posted but he knows about Bass and White Tornado.
>
>I'll spell it out. Pac Plyer is Bill Phillips.

Yeah, you are right AAAAAA. It's me.

Just keep digging. You have nothing else to do.

PacPlayer....I mean BWB

Jim Weir
August 18th 03, 05:12 PM
Bill...

I too use Forte and find it remarkably well laid out. However, I wonder if you
have the same problem with it that I do.

I can do email, websites, and be on chat for hours without a problem. However,
every so often (about once out of three runs through the list) the connection
will "hang". It will not disconnect, but if you exit Agent and attempt to use
the connection in another client, it is like the connection is not there. It
almost always happens at 3% compression in transmit.

As I said, I can be online for hours in any other program and it doesn't happen.
Only in Agent.

Any thoughts?

Jim

(Badwater Bill)

->You got me man. I use Agent from Forte'
http://www.rst-engr.com

B2431
August 18th 03, 08:13 PM
Jim, I used to build snow fortes.....

No, I can't bring myself to do this :)

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Roger Halstead
August 19th 03, 09:10 AM
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:12:31 -0700, Jim Weir > wrote:

>Bill...
>
>I too use Forte and find it remarkably well laid out. However, I wonder if you
>have the same problem with it that I do.
>
>I can do email, websites, and be on chat for hours without a problem. However,
>every so often (about once out of three runs through the list) the connection
>will "hang". It will not disconnect, but if you exit Agent and attempt to use
>the connection in another client, it is like the connection is not there. It
>almost always happens at 3% compression in transmit.

You sure you don't have a little gremlin/spybot who is trying to call
home?

I've been using Agent, the full version. I like it on the newsgroups
and will probably use it for mail when I can set it up for 15 to 20
accounts as I like its filtering ability.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>As I said, I can be online for hours in any other program and it doesn't happen.
>Only in Agent.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Jim

(Badwater Bill)
>shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
>
>->You got me man. I use Agent from Forte'
>Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
>VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
>http://www.rst-engr.com

Google