PDA

View Full Version : ZZZ - observed at Oshkosh

John Ousterhout
August 2nd 03, 02:32 PM
He whose name shall not be spoken gave a press conference on Tuesday
Morning to announce the awards that he was bestowing. Four people
attended.

- J.O.-

Jerry Wass
August 2nd 03, 07:24 PM
Let's see, His wife, (or secretary) uhhhh--How many kids does he have??

John Ousterhout wrote:

> He whose name shall not be spoken gave a press conference on Tuesday
> Morning to announce the awards that he was bestowing. Four people
> attended.
>
> - J.O.-

Barnyard BOb --
August 2nd 03, 11:05 PM
>He whose name shall not be spoken gave a press conference on Tuesday
>Morning to announce the awards that he was bestowing. Four people
>attended.
>
>- J.O.-
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Was Jaun one of the cork soaking faithful?

Barnyard BOb -

John Thompson
August 3rd 03, 10:29 PM
I noticed a flyer offering a BD-5 for sale on the bulleting board in
front of the EAA Wearhouse, by none other that "our" Juan J.
Looked pretty complete.

John

Morgans
August 3rd 03, 11:14 PM
"John Thompson" > wrote in message
> I noticed a flyer offering a BD-5 for sale on the bulleting board in
> front of the EAA Wearhouse, by none other that "our" Juan J.
> Looked pretty complete.
>
> John

Everything except the flight testing. Would you fly something someone else
built, that you had not been involved with along the way? Especially
something with as bad a reputation as a BD 5.

Jim (my momma didn't raise no fool) in NC

Bernie the Bunion
August 3rd 03, 11:45 PM
> Jerry Springer > wrote:

> Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.

Jerry with all due respect...... I appreciate that you and many others
in this group do not like Juan for a variety of reasons, but you have
just publicly insinuated that he is a coward.

Juan is not the first person to build an airplane and try to sell it
before it has made it's maiden voyage and I don't recall you or
anyone else making such comments to other builders under the
same circumstances.

Like I've said before in this group Mr. Springer, if your going to make
comments about others you should try posting from the top of the
barrel.
The air is much cleaner at the top than at the bottom.

You can live with your own conscience Jerry, but in my humble opinion
you are way out of line for that comment.

Nobody in this newsgroup has the right to infer someone is a coward,
least of all you.

Jerry Springer
August 4th 03, 12:39 AM
Bernie the Bunion wrote:

>>Jerry Springer > wrote:
>

>>Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.
>

> Jerry with all due respect...... I appreciate that you and many others
> in this group do not like Juan for a variety of reasons, but you have
> just publicly insinuated that he is a coward.
>
> Juan is not the first person to build an airplane and try to sell it
> before it has made it's maiden voyage and I don't recall you or
> anyone else making such comments to other builders under the
> same circumstances.
>
> Like I've said before in this group Mr. Springer, if your going to make
> comments about others you should try posting from the top of the
> barrel.
> The air is much cleaner at the top than at the bottom.
>
> You can live with your own conscience Jerry, but in my humble opinion
> you are way out of line for that comment.
>
> Nobody in this newsgroup has the right to infer someone is a coward,
> least of all you.

Does not take much to bring you out from under the heap does it Bernie?
This guy has been saying for years what great airplanes the BD-5s are
and he has yet to post a pilot report on how they fly from his own
experience. IMO opinion he is afraid to fly them. Now this if fine if it
is true, I sure would not encourage someone to fly an airplane that they
are not comfortable with. With all the years of his big fat mouth here
though it does seem strange he won't fly the airplanes he builds.
Have a nice day Bernie and see you at the bottom of the heap where you
seem to spend a lot of time also. And another thing why would it be
"least of all me" I have made 5 first flights on new airplanes and a
couple on rebuilds, now I know that is not a lot but I don't believe you
can say I am afraid to fly them. You are as usual Bernie showing what
a real jerk you are. I have seen you here for years bitch and complain
about what people write, now just how does that make you better than the
rest of us? Have a nice day Bunghole the Butt.

Jerry

B2431
August 4th 03, 02:56 AM

>"John Thompson" > wrote in message
>> I noticed a flyer offering a BD-5 for sale on the bulleting board in
>> front of the EAA Wearhouse, by none other that "our" Juan J.
>> Looked pretty complete.
>>
>> John
>
>Everything except the flight testing. Would you fly something someone else
>built, that you had not been involved with along the way? Especially
>something with as bad a reputation as a BD 5.
>
>Jim (my momma didn't raise no fool) in NC

I still say we should all chip in and buy juan the fuel so we can watch him
make his first flight. We can sell tickets at $25 each so we can pave over the
crater.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Badwater Bill
August 4th 03, 04:03 AM
of all you.

>Does not take much to bring you out from under the heap does it Bernie?
>This guy has been saying for years what great airplanes the BD-5s are
>and he has yet to post a pilot report on how they fly from his own
>experience. IMO opinion he is afraid to fly them. Now this if fine if it
>is true, I sure would not encourage someone to fly an airplane that they
>are not comfortable with. With all the years of his big fat mouth here
>though it does seem strange he won't fly the airplanes he builds.
>Have a nice day Bernie and see you at the bottom of the heap where you
>seem to spend a lot of time also. And another thing why would it be
>"least of all me" I have made 5 first flights on new airplanes and a
>couple on rebuilds, now I know that is not a lot but I don't believe you
> can say I am afraid to fly them. You are as usual Bernie showing what
>a real jerk you are. I have seen you here for years bitch and complain
>about what people write, now just how does that make you better than the
>rest of us? Have a nice day Bunghole the Butt.
>
>Jerry

Bunghole the Butt!

BBBWWWAHHHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAAAAAA

Good cracking Jerry. Burnie the butt**** is a coward of the highest
degree. He's so much a coward that he continues to conceal his true
identy to this day amoung the real pilots here who do it and do it and
do it, over and over again.

He's a ****ing RAH hagg. Sits on his ass, pontificates about those of
us with all the ratings and the airplanes and speaks his piece as if
he knew **** from shinola. He's the typical RAH loser, as 90% of the
muther ****ers who post here are. I'll bet the ****er hasn't even
soloed.

BWB

Badwater Bill
August 4th 03, 04:04 AM
>I still say we should all chip in and buy juan the fuel so we can watch him
>make his first flight. We can sell tickets at $25 each so we can pave over the
>crater.
>
>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

You are elected. Sign the check Danny boy.

General BWB, Nuclear Weapons 'R' Us, retired.

B2431
August 4th 03, 10:36 AM
>And just because you don't like him and find him just as
>arguementative as you and the rest of the rabble, just
>who gives you the right to infer he is a coward.???

Bernie, he didn't "infer" anything. The correct word is "imply" and he implied
nothing, he said it openly.

I guess anyone can say anything online. I just wish people like him would not
resort to vulgarity and personal attacks.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Barnyard BOb --
August 4th 03, 11:51 AM
Bernie the Bunion > wrote:

>> Jerry Springer > wrote:
>
>> Problem is Ron this is not the first BD-5 he has owned and had just
>> about ready to fly. They all get sold at just about flight time.
>>
>Pray tell us all Mr. Springer... Just whoes business is that
>except his.?????
>
>And just because you don't like him and find him just as
>arguementative as you and the rest of the rabble, just
>who gives you the right to infer he is a coward.???
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What a genuine troll and farce.
An clueless anonymous coward pontificates on cowardice.
Beats all, doesn't it?

BTW...
Jaun's deeds have spoken as loudly as his words.
If it walks and talks like duck, Bernie...
It's a duck.

Barnyard BOb - 50 years of flight

Morgans
August 4th 03, 04:10 PM
"Ron Wanttaja" > wrote in message

> >Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.
>
> Well...I've had my go-arounds with Juan, but I recall him posting that he
> just got his medical back. I don't know the circumstances, but the issues
> may be making it difficult to operate a small, high-performance aircraft.
> And I know he wouldn't want to open it for discussion here.....
>
> Ron Wanttaja

Understood.

It still does not change the fact that buying the project may be less
attractive, since it has not yet flown, but is nearly complete. I would
walk away. YMMV.

--
---Jim in NC---

Big John
August 4th 03, 08:33 PM
Jerry

What happened to the 'other' birds he built and sold prior to flight?
Do you or anyone know? Did they do OK? Are they still flying?

I know it's a stretch, but he may just like to build more than fly and
his building gives him entre to the groups who fly?

Big John

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:56:10 GMT, Jerry Springer
> wrote:

>Ron Wanttaja wrote:
>>>Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.
>>

>> Well...I've had my go-arounds with Juan, but I recall him posting that he
>> just got his medical back. I don't know the circumstances, but the issues
>> may be making it difficult to operate a small, high-performance aircraft.
>> And I know he wouldn't want to open it for discussion here.....
>>
>> Ron Wanttaja
>
>Problem is Ron this is not the first BD-5 he has owned and had just
>about ready to fly. They all get sold at just about flight time.
>
>Jerry

RobertR237
August 6th 03, 03:43 AM
In article >,
(B2431) writes:

>I still say we should all chip in and buy juan the fuel so we can watch him
>make his first flight. We can sell tickets at $25 each so we can pave over
>the
>crater.
>
>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Dan,

I can't think of anyone on this group that has less respect for Jaun than I
have. Even then, I am glad that Jaun has decided to get rid of that death trap
without having flown it. It is the first smart thing I have seen him do.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

RobertR237
August 6th 03, 03:43 AM
In article >, Bernie the Bunion
> writes:

>Jerry with all due respect...... I appreciate that you and many others
>in this group do not like Juan for a variety of reasons, but you have
>just publicly insinuated that he is a coward.
>
>Juan is not the first person to build an airplane and try to sell it
>before it has made it's maiden voyage and I don't recall you or
>anyone else making such comments to other builders under the
>same circumstances.
>
>Like I've said before in this group Mr. Springer, if your going to make
>comments about others you should try posting from the top of the
>barrel.
>The air is much cleaner at the top than at the bottom.
>
>You can live with your own conscience Jerry, but in my humble opinion
>you are way out of line for that comment.
>
>Nobody in this newsgroup has the right to infer someone is a coward,
>least of all you.

Bernie,

Look back over the BS that Jaun has posted in the past and maybe you can get a
better understanding of why these comments were made. Besides, Jaun did not
build the BD-5J he is selling but has spent considerable time telling everyone
how great and safe a plane it is.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Jerry Springer
August 6th 03, 03:59 AM
RobertR237 wrote:

> In article >,
> (B2431) writes:
>

>>I still say we should all chip in and buy juan the fuel so we can watch him
>>make his first flight. We can sell tickets at $25 each so we can pave over
>>the
>>crater.
>>
>>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>>

> Dan,
>
> I can't think of anyone on this group that has less respect for Jaun than I
> have. Even then, I am glad that Jaun has decided to get rid of that death trap
> without having flown it. It is the first smart thing I have seen him do.
>

> Bob Reed
> www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
> KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
>
> "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
> pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
> (M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Bob
Why would you wish it on someone else to fly that death trap that Juan
worked on? Seems only fair that the guy that finished it should be the
one to fly it. Now if some one bought it to make a wind direction
indicator out of it then I agree with you.

Jerry

RobertR237
August 6th 03, 04:48 AM
In article t>, Jerry
Springer > writes:

>> Dan,
>>
>> I can't think of anyone on this group that has less respect for Jaun than I
>> have. Even then, I am glad that Jaun has decided to get rid of that death
>trap
>> without having flown it. It is the first smart thing I have seen him do.
>>

>> Bob Reed
>> www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
>> KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
>>
>> "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
>> pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
>> (M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)
>>
>Bob
>Why would you wish it on someone else to fly that death trap that Juan
>worked on? Seems only fair that the guy that finished it should be the
>one to fly it. Now if some one bought it to make a wind direction
>indicator out of it then I agree with you.
>
>Jerry

I am really hoping that NOBODY will buy it and Jaun will be forced to use it as
a wind vane. It is the best use I have seen for it.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Sydney Hoeltzli
August 6th 03, 05:41 AM
RobertR237 wrote:

> Look back over the BS that Jaun has posted in the past and maybe you can get a
> better understanding of why these comments were made. Besides, Jaun did not
> build the BD-5J he is selling but has spent considerable time telling everyone
> how great and safe a plane it is.

Not just that, but taunting everyone about how they'd be eating
their words and bowing before him etc when he flew his great
BD-5J into Oshkosh at whatever TAS it's supposed to achieve

Cheers,
Sydney

Bernie the Bunion
August 6th 03, 06:40 AM
> RobertR237 > wrote:

> Bernie,
>
> Look back over the BS that Jaun has posted in the past and maybe you can get a
> better understanding of why these comments were made. Besides, Jaun did not
> build the BD-5J he is selling but has spent considerable time telling everyone
> how great and safe a plane it is.

Bob I really don't want to get into a ****ing match with you, juan,
jerry, or anybody else in this newsgroup, and I'm very well aware
of the BS that Juan has posted here just as well as the BS that
other's have posted here.

But...... If YOU suddenly advertised YOUR KIS project as being finished,
ready for it's first flight and for sale, and I came along and asked you
if you were afraid to fly it, you know very well what the response
would be.

Your generally held in high esteem in this group and for a variety
of reasons I am not.

So Bob if I infered that you were afraid to fly your plane, am I not
infering that you are a coward just like your friend Jerry inferred
that Juan is a coward all talk and no go..... Let's not mince words.

Jerry Springer's exact words.......

> Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.

The reasons Juan has his plane for sale is his business and his
business alone.

He doesn't have to justify selling his own property to you or anyone
else the same as you wouldn't have to justify selling your own property
to me or anyone else.

If Mr Springer can't understand his off the cuff comments were
uncharitable in the extreme and go oooppssss sorry, then I can't
help him with his manners and neither can you or anyone else.

He has to stare himself in the mirror each day just like the rest of us.

Nobody likes to have to publicly apologize folks, especially to someone
that they generally dislike.

Hey when's the last time ANYONE apologized to me for anything.
Funny but I can't remember either.

But in my own case there have been times in this very newsgroup when
I've shot my toes off and the next day gone oooooooopssssss.

And after gritting my teeth, I've apologized sincerly without trying to
slide away from my responsibility.

And you know Bob, I might feel a little sheepish after the fact, but
I also feel good about myself for doing what was right.

Warren & Nancy
August 6th 03, 03:19 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

> RobertR237 wrote:
>
> > Look back over the BS that Jaun has posted in the past and maybe you can get a
> > better understanding of why these comments were made. Besides, Jaun did not
> > build the BD-5J he is selling but has spent considerable time telling everyone
> > how great and safe a plane it is.
>
> Not just that, but taunting everyone about how they'd be eating
> their words and bowing before him etc when he flew his great
> BD-5J into Oshkosh at whatever TAS it's supposed to achieve
>
> Cheers,
> Sydney

Maybe Juan is waiting for "he who shall not be named" to make the first flight so he
can add to his 1000s of plane types he has flown

Warren

ChuckSlusarczyk
August 6th 03, 04:21 PM
In article >, John Ousterhout
says...

>He whose name shall not be spoken gave a press conference on Tuesday
>Morning to announce the awards that he was bestowing. Four people
>attended.
>
>- J.O.-

But you can bet the farm when "he" reports it the place was packed with
thousands of supporters...He was spotted taking photos of the "zoom free zone"
signs that were posted on various booths. Everyone who asked what it meant was
refered to your web site :-) He's a phony and always was....

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

"evil didn't triumph because good men spoke and evil was nuts"

ChuckSlusarczyk
August 6th 03, 04:40 PM
In article >, Morgans says...

>"John Thompson" > wrote in message
>> I noticed a flyer offering a BD-5 for sale on the bulleting board in
>> front of the EAA Wearhouse, by none other that "our" Juan J.
>> Looked pretty complete.
>>
>> John
>
>Everything except the flight testing. Would you fly something someone else
>built, that you had not been involved with along the way? Especially
>something with as bad a reputation as a BD 5.
>
>Jim (my momma didn't raise no fool) in NC

Seems mr macho man lacks the courage of his convictions to fly the plane he has
so staunchly defended over the last year or so. It's one thing to talk the talk
but he seems to lack the testicular fortitude to stand behind his beliefs and
walk the walk.

Maybe he could get the graduate of a National Test Pilot School to do him a
favor and fly it....Phonies the bunch of 'em..

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

ChuckSlusarczyk
August 6th 03, 04:44 PM
In article >, Ron Wanttaja says...

>>Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.
>
>Well...I've had my go-arounds with Juan, but I recall him posting that he
>just got his medical back. I don't know the circumstances, but the issues
>may be making it difficult to operate a small, high-performance aircraft.
>And I know he wouldn't want to open it for discussion here.....
>
>Ron Wanttaja

Ron all I can say is watch your 6 :-)

Chuck S

B2431
August 6th 03, 05:34 PM
>Maybe Juan is waiting for "he who shall not be named" to make the first
>flight so he
>can add to his 1000s of plane types he has flown
>
>Warren

If I make a paper airplane, write SR-71 on the side and throw it can I claim to
have flown an SR-71? It's the only way I can see how a person can fly the
number of types he has claimed.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

RobertR237
August 7th 03, 05:03 AM
In article >, Bernie the Bunion
> writes:

>> Look back over the BS that Jaun has posted in the past and maybe you can
>get a
>> better understanding of why these comments were made. Besides, Jaun did
>not
>> build the BD-5J he is selling but has spent considerable time telling
>everyone
>> how great and safe a plane it is.
>
>Bob I really don't want to get into a ****ing match with you, juan,
>jerry, or anybody else in this newsgroup, and I'm very well aware
>of the BS that Juan has posted here just as well as the BS that
>other's have posted here.

No ****ing match Bernie and to some degree, I agree that calling Jaun a coward
or even implying that he is a coward is out of line.

>But...... If YOU suddenly advertised YOUR KIS project as being finished,
>ready for it's first flight and for sale, and I came along and asked you
>if you were afraid to fly it, you know very well what the response
>would be.

Hell, I might just be afraid to fly it and hire a professional test flight for
that critical first flight. Then again, I have never made it a point to ever
say otherwise. In fact, I tend to believe that using a professional for the
initial test flight is the smartest thing a builder could do. I can assure you
of one thing though, if I finish it, I will fly it before I consider selling
it.

>Your generally held in high esteem in this group and for a variety
>of reasons I am not.

Not sure of that at times but thanks for the comment.

>So Bob if I infered that you were afraid to fly your plane, am I not
>infering that you are a coward just like your friend Jerry inferred
>that Juan is a coward all talk and no go..... Let's not mince words.
>
>Jerry Springer's exact words.......
>
>> Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.

Maybe yes, maybe not, and maybe Juan has only himself to blame for boasting
himself into a corner.

>The reasons Juan has his plane for sale is his business and his
>business alone.

Agreed.

>He doesn't have to justify selling his own property to you or anyone
>else the same as you wouldn't have to justify selling your own property
>to me or anyone else.
>
>If Mr Springer can't understand his off the cuff comments were
>uncharitable in the extreme and go oooppssss sorry, then I can't
>help him with his manners and neither can you or anyone else.
>
>He has to stare himself in the mirror each day just like the rest of us.
>
>Nobody likes to have to publicly apologize folks, especially to someone
>that they generally dislike.
>
>Hey when's the last time ANYONE apologized to me for anything.
>Funny but I can't remember either.
>
>But in my own case there have been times in this very newsgroup when
>I've shot my toes off and the next day gone oooooooopssssss.
>
>And after gritting my teeth, I've apologized sincerly without trying to
>slide away from my responsibility.
>
>And you know Bob, I might feel a little sheepish after the fact, but
>I also feel good about myself for doing what was right.

We all must look ourselves in the mirror on a daily basis and decide if we like
what we see. I will not condem Jerry or Jaun in this situation because I can
relate to both of them. Hell, If I were Jaun, I would also be afraid to fly
that damn thing.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Sydney Hoeltzli
August 7th 03, 05:10 AM
RobertR237 wrote:
> I can assure you of one thing though, if I finish it, I will fly
> it before I consider selling it.

When you finish it, Robert.

When.
Sydney

Richard Lamb
August 7th 03, 07:19 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

> RobertR237 wrote:
> > I can assure you of one thing though, if I finish it, I will fly
> > it before I consider selling it.
>
> When you finish it, Robert.
>
> When.
> Sydney

When you finish it, Robert.

It's probably just part of the gestation process of small airplanes
that the creator, at times, has doubts.

press 1, repeatedly,
then get back to work.

Richard

Kevin O'Brien
August 12th 03, 12:03 AM
In article >, John Thompson says...

>I noticed a flyer offering a BD-5 for sale on the bulleting board in
>front of the EAA Wearhouse, by none other that "our" Juan J.
>Looked pretty complete.

Yeah, right guy. This is Juan's third BD-5, and it's a BD-5J.

Juan has been ambivalent about whether to finish or sell it. He has been
planning to move back to
his native Puerto Rico, and wanted a plane that (1) was suitable for overwater
trips to the mainland,
and (2) would carry 4 people, or two and luggage. Especially as his son is
starting to get into
flying. So when he's looking for a practical plane, a BD-5J is not it.

Last I understood, he was going to finish and fly the BD-5J. He didn't start it,
in fact it was
complete and might have flown (?) in Australia, but when it was containered to
him it broke free in
the container and he had a lot of physical damage to repair (which is done now).
The Aussies
mandated some changes in the design (a built-up spar in place of the Bede tube
spar was one),
and I know that Juan found that a couple of the things on the plane were not
built with the latest
updates (thinking tail surfaces here).

I don't think there's anything wrong with Juan's plane (I saw it a year ago),
but he's a victim of the
fact that a BD-5J is a real oddity, and there is not a lot of demand for it.

If anybody is seriously looking for a 5J, Juan's is worth looking at. If he
flies it (and lives) he will
probably change his mind about selling it.

cheers

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

Kevin O'Brien
August 12th 03, 12:20 AM
In article >, Big John says...

>What happened to the 'other' birds he built and sold prior to flight?

John and guys,

Juan sold a part-complete BD-5B that he had been working on for a while and
bought (as 'parts') a
BD-5 that had flown a lot with several different powerplants and then gone to
seed. He worked on
the second one for a while and then flipped it for this one, which is his real
dream plane, the BD-
5J. He has discovered that a practical plane might suit him better.

Of course, like all of us, he has work issues, family issues, and unlike most of
us the poor guy's
had some health issues.

I've probably spent more time around Juan than anyone who posts on this board.
As a number of
y'all discovered in a bury-the-hatchet meeting last year, he can be pretty
stubborn and
argumentative. I like the guy, and think that if he could find the balls to crew
USMC CH-46s, a
machine with the safety record of Old Sparky, he will have no problem finding
the gumption to fly
his -5J. He has been talking about having the first flight done by a pro --
which is something any
builder should seriously consider.

We all think we're hot rocks as pilots, but there are guys out there who are
real hot rocks, AND
they don't have the emotional attachment to the machine that the builder does.

cheers

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

RobertR237
August 12th 03, 02:05 AM
In article >, Kevin O'Brien
> writes:

>We all think we're hot rocks as pilots, but there are guys out there who are
>real hot rocks, AND
>they don't have the emotional attachment to the machine that the builder
>does.
>
>cheers
>
>-=K=-

That final point is the single most dangerous issue of being your own test
pilot. After you have invested 2000-4000 hours building your dream it is very
difficult to be objective. I do hope that Jaun will not even attempt to do the
initial flights.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Barnyard BOb --
August 12th 03, 04:24 AM
Kevin O'Brien > wrote:

>John and guys,
>
>Juan sold a part-complete BD-5B that he had been working on for a while and
>bought (as 'parts') a
>BD-5 that had flown a lot with several different powerplants and then gone to
>seed. He worked on
>the second one for a while and then flipped it for this one, which is his real
>dream plane, the BD-
>5J.
>
>-=K=-
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, yeah -

And all the while he dabbled with his -5 junk, he was busiest
maligning to the max, many of those that were doing what he
wasn't - flying their homebuilts. Nobody generated more ill will
during all that time frame than Juan. The heat on Juan got so
intense, it has yet to cool off. Most all of this occurred long before
illness struck him down.

The only thing I see to admire is your willingness
to stick by someone so universally unpopular.

However, in the case of Juan and Zoom,
I must waive such admiration.

Anyhow, nice spin on your part, Kevin.

Barnyard BOb -

Juan E Jimenez
August 19th 03, 03:25 PM
"Barnyard BOb --" > wrote in message

> And all the while he dabbled with his -5 junk, he was busiest
> maligning to the max, many of those that were doing what he
> wasn't - flying their homebuilts. Nobody generated more ill will
> during all that time frame than Juan. The heat on Juan got so
> intense, it has yet to cool off. Most all of this occurred long before
> illness struck him down.

Pot, Kettle, Black. You're just still sore that you tried to step on my tail
and got half your torso bitten off in response, putz.

All bark, no bite, and even less brains. That's the Barnyard Animal for you.

Jerry Springer
August 20th 03, 01:30 AM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:
> Boy, this is a joke thread if I ever saw one...
>
> The airworthiness inspection is about to be scheduled and I'm scheduled for
> high perf training in a T-28, among other things, in preparation for first
> flight of my BD-5J. I'm selling it because I am moving back to PR to give my
> son a superior education in the #7 high school of the entire country. If it
> sells before it flies, then it sells. If it doesn't, I'll fly it, take it
> home, fly it again, repeat until sold.
>
> As to Jerry Springer, trust me when I tell you I could care less of his
> opinion on _any_ subject, let alone me or my BD-5J. :)
>
> Juan

Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
pleasant.

Jerry

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 01:37 AM
"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
> wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
> do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
> have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
> pleasant.
>
> Jerry

Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
of you. Unfortunately, I don't.

Jerry Springer
August 20th 03, 02:18 AM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:

> "Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>
>>Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
>>wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
>>do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
>>have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
>>pleasant.
>>
>>Jerry
>

> Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
> of you. Unfortunately, I don't.

Sorry Juan I do mean it. I don't want to see anyone in aviation get hurt
or killed doing something that we all enjoy doing as much as we enjoy
flying. You well not even find any posts I have made wishing ill to Zoom.

Jerry Springer
August 20th 03, 02:37 AM
Bernie the Bunion wrote:

>>Jerry Springer > wrote:
>

>>Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
>>wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you.
>

> But infering he is a coward does kinda put you in there with
> the pack mentality does it not Mr. Springer.
>
> And with YOUR posting history here, YOU do tend to run with the pack.
>

>>I hope if you do fly it that it is a successful flight.
>

> How white of you.

Bernie, are you prejudice or something? You have not ever seen me post
anything about someones race.

> Yes sir folks..... You can always count on Mr. Springer to offer
> positive comments to another group regular.

You are loseing it Bernie big time.

> Why below is a recent quoted positive comment from Mr. Springer
>

>>>Pretty bad when he is afraid to fly it himself, all talk and no go.
>

> And here is another....
>

>>>IMO opinion he is afraid to fly them. Now this is fine if it
>>>is true, I sure would not encourage someone to fly an airplane
>>>that they are not comfortable with.

Sad that you have nothing better to do in life than be a
Want To Be Pilot. Hanging around in a newsgroup that you can
contribute nothing to speaks volumes about you.

> HEY JERRY...... Just how much do you think an hours worth of
> flight instruction would be on a T-28.????

And this has what to do with what?

> I'll bet it is a bit more than a hundred dollar hamburger.

And of course you own an airplane and know all about the $100.00
hamburger? Where are some of your favorite spots to fly to for lunch
Bernie? Which homebuilt airplane do you fly when you for your $100.00
hamburger?

> Your favourite bunion..... Bernie

Jerry

Jerry Springer
August 20th 03, 02:43 AM
John Ammeter wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:37:37 GMT, "Juan E Jimenez"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
k.net...

>>>Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
>>>wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
>>>do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
>>>have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
>>>pleasant.
>>>
>>>Jerry
>>
>>Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
>>of you. Unfortunately, I don't.
>>

> Juan,
>
> Jerry doesn't need any help from me but I do want to make a
> comment here.
>
> I've known Jerry and his wife for well over 15 years.
> Whatever he may say about you and your internet escapades,
> he would NEVER wish you harm flying your airplane. It just
> isn't in him to do that. Jerry is one of the guys that I'd
> trust with my life, my money, my wife and even my dog...
>
> John Ammeter

Thanks John, please send me all of your money so you can start trusting
me with it right away. :-)

Jerry

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 03:00 AM
"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Sorry Juan I do mean it. I don't want to see anyone in aviation get hurt
> or killed doing something that we all enjoy doing as much as we enjoy
> flying. You well not even find any posts I have made wishing ill to Zoom.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this. What you're doing
is akin to asking people to believe that Arafat suddenly turned into a
zionist, overnight.

Jerry Springer
August 20th 03, 03:14 AM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:
> "Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>
>>Sorry Juan I do mean it. I don't want to see anyone in aviation get hurt
>>or killed doing something that we all enjoy doing as much as we enjoy
>>flying. You well not even find any posts I have made wishing ill to Zoom.
>

> Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this. What you're doing
> is akin to asking people to believe that Arafat suddenly turned into a
> zionist, overnight.

As you wish Juan, apparently you are not bright enough to see the
difference between not wanting someone to get hurt and not liking some
ones computer persona.

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 03:19 AM
Interesting how he claims he doesn't wish anyone harm, but he talks about
the BD-5J pilot he said died in his BD-5J. Hillsboro. Hmm. If I remember
correctly, the pilot of this aircraft had suffered through some major
medical situations, including a very serious car crash. The conclusions
reached by those who know the BD-5J inside out (to the tune of over 1400
hours in type) and who were specifically asked by the NTSB to assist in the
accident investigation was that the pilot was either incapacitated or dead
well before he crashed, at about the time he cut his engine before his
signature maneuver, an engine-out landing.

Yeah, you're "all action" allright. Very impressive. On top of that, a
hypocrit.

Spare me the bull**** and the attempts to act as if you've now found
religion when it comes to running about the mouth about people dying in
aircraft. I'm not interested. And I still don't give a **** what you think
about me and how I decide to approach the first flight of my aircraft.

"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
k.net...

You are a stupid idiot yaun, does not really matter the reasons, you are
still dead. You won't be any more dead if a wing comes off or you make a
botched landing or takeoff in a BD. Saw a BD-5J fly at the Hillsboro Airshow
one
year and a week later the pilot was dead when his engine quit. As has been
said here before you do not have what it takes to fly either a BD OR a RV.
You are all mouth no action you well always be building or have some excuse
not
to fly a BD.

Morgans
August 20th 03, 03:29 AM
"Juan E Jimenez" > wrote in message

> "Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> >
> > Sorry Juan I do mean it. I don't want to see anyone in aviation get hurt
> > or killed doing something that we all enjoy doing as much as we enjoy
> > flying. You well not even find any posts I have made wishing ill to
Zoom.

> Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this. What you're doing
> is akin to asking people to believe that Arafat suddenly turned into a
> zionist, overnight.

If he stops wasting time with this, will you stop wasting time with us?

Jim (I had to ask) in NC

Morgans
August 20th 03, 03:33 AM
"Juan E Jimenez" > wrote in message

More spew!

GO AWAY
--
Jim in NC--

RobertR237
August 20th 03, 03:44 AM
In article >, Jerry Springer
> writes:

>Thanks John, please send me all of your money so you can start trusting
>me with it right away. :-)
>
>Jerry

Well at least you didn't ask for his dog. :-))))))))

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 04:44 AM
No. Shoo.

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "Juan E Jimenez" > wrote in message
>
> More spew!
>
> GO AWAY
> --
> Jim in NC--

ChuckSlusarczyk
August 20th 03, 12:48 PM
In article >, Jerry Springer
says...

>> Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this. What you're doing
>> is akin to asking people to believe that Arafat suddenly turned into a
>> zionist, overnight.
>>

>As you wish Juan, apparently you are not bright enough to see the
>difference between not wanting someone to get hurt and not liking some
>ones computer persona.

Like you Jerry I don't wish anyone any harm but I do hope guys like him and zoom
get what they deserve, what ever that may be.....

See ya

Chuck S

Warren & Nancy
August 20th 03, 01:41 PM
John Ammeter wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:37:37 GMT, "Juan E Jimenez"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> >>
> >> Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
> >> wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
> >> do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
> >> have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
> >> pleasant.
> >>
> >> Jerry
> >
> >Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
> >of you. Unfortunately, I don't.
> >

> Juan,
>
> Jerry doesn't need any help from me but I do want to make a
> comment here.
>
> I've known Jerry and his wife for well over 15 years.
> Whatever he may say about you and your internet escapades,
> he would NEVER wish you harm flying your airplane. It just
> isn't in him to do that. Jerry is one of the guys that I'd
> trust with my life, my money, my wife and even my dog...
>
> John Ammeter

I notice you didn't say your airplane! ;-))

Warren

Warren & Nancy
August 20th 03, 01:41 PM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:

> "Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> >
> > Juan I don't think you well fly it, but if you do, I certainly do not
> > wish you any harm as so many here seem to wish upon you. I hope if you
> > do fly it that it is a successful flight. In my 40 years of flying I
> > have seen to many kids lose fathers and wives lose husbands, that is not
> > pleasant.
> >
> > Jerry
>
> Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
> of you. Unfortunately, I don't.

Sounds like a persecution complex to me.

Warren

Morgans
August 20th 03, 03:47 PM
"Juan E Jimenez" > wrote in message
t...

> "Morgans" > wrote in message
> >
> > If he stops wasting time with this, will you stop wasting time with us?
>
> That depends on whether you can figure out how to not click on messages
from
> people whose messages you don't want to read. If you think you can handle
> that complicated task, your problem is solved.

Not good enough. You still show up in other's responses.

Come back when you have something to contribute.
--
Jim in NC--

Morgans
August 20th 03, 03:50 PM
"Juan E Jimenez" > wrote in message
t...

> "Morgans" > wrote in message
> >
> > Jim (I had to ask) in NC
>
> Oh, shoot, you're from NC. Well, what the hell... let's start with the
> basics. Start by identifying your index finger...

Hows' about I identify my middle finger, then show just it to you?

What a maroon! (to quote bugs bunny)
--
Jim in NC--

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 06:02 PM
Sounds like an unemployed armchair psychiatrist to me. Speaking from
experience?

"Warren & Nancy" > wrote in message

> Sounds like a persecution complex to me.
>
> Warren

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 06:03 PM
No. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> Not good enough. You still show up in other's responses.
>
> Come back when you have something to contribute.
> --
> Jim in NC--

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 06:05 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in message

> Hows' about I identify my middle finger, then show just it to you?

Eeeewwww! Ever heard of toilet paper? You could cut a coat hanger to hang it
in the outhouse! <gross>

Barnyard BOb --
August 20th 03, 06:09 PM
>Juan E Jimenez wrote:

>> Jerry, if I thought you really meant any of this I would change my opinion
>> of you. Unfortunately, I don't.
>
>Sounds like a persecution complex to me.
>
>Warren
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Elementary my dear Warren.

If it walks and talks like a duck with a complex.....
It's a duck with a complex.

Doktor Barnyard BOb --

Warren & Nancy
August 20th 03, 06:21 PM
I'm not the one crying. You said "Jerry, if I thought you really meant
any of this I would change my opinion of you. Unfortunately, I don't."
Sounds like a persecution complex to me. Psychiatrist. Not in this
life, just a retired "rocket scientist".

Juan E Jimenez wrote:

> Sounds like an unemployed armchair psychiatrist to me. Speaking from
> experience?
>
> "Warren & Nancy" > wrote in message
> >
> > Sounds like a persecution complex to me.
> >
> > Warren

Morgans
August 20th 03, 06:35 PM
--
go away

Juan E Jimenez
August 20th 03, 06:46 PM
Now you're boring me.

<plonk!>

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> --
> go away

Snowbird
August 20th 03, 10:15 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in message >...

> Not good enough. You still show up in other's responses.

Jim,

If you want to change this, you might want to Google search
this group and author Big John. He was making this complaint
recently and got a bunch of advice, some of which apparently
worked with his set-up. Some might suit you.

If you don't, well, nevahmind.

Cheers,
Sydney

Warren & Nancy
August 21st 03, 02:21 PM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:

> . Do you even know what a persecution complex is?

Do you?

Snowbird
August 21st 03, 07:47 PM
"Morgans" > wrote in message >...

> It is too bad that there are people out there breathing air that someone
> else might need, sometime.

No worries -- look at 'em as nourishing a plant somewhere which
will spot you some O2 in turn

Cheers,
Sydney

Juan E Jimenez
August 21st 03, 08:31 PM
"Warren & Nancy" > wrote in message

> Juan E Jimenez wrote:
>
> > . Do you even know what a persecution complex is?
>
> Do you?

So you don't. Figures. More RAH hot air.

Warren & Nancy
August 21st 03, 10:14 PM
Juan E Jimenez wrote:

> "Warren & Nancy" > wrote in message
> >
> > Juan E Jimenez wrote:
> >
> > > . Do you even know what a persecution complex is?
> >
> > Do you?
>
> So you don't.

You said that, I didn't. And you didn't even answer my question
either.

> Figures. More RAH hot air.

Puerto Rican hot air is what it is.

Warren

Juan E Jimenez
August 21st 03, 11:51 PM
"Warren & Nancy" > wrote in message

> > So you don't.
>
> You said that, I didn't. And you didn't even answer my question
> either.

I asked you if you knew what it is. You won't answer. Speaks for itself.
Anything else is BS on your part.

Google