PDA

View Full Version : Aerial duel to the death - count to ten then Fire!

pac plyer
August 5th 03, 10:46 AM
Big John > wrote:

> Pacplyer
>
> I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
> posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
> sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
> redundant.
> Big John,

Pac sez:

Your points are valid John and I apologize to all for my cargo dog
language, and for reposting the same by responding to same. But
Usenet is the wild, wild west of the internet and it may just happen
again. Sorry in advance when I, or others cuss up a storm about
something we feel passionate about. :-\

All,

I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway. People who are
anonymous in their automobiles do things they never would consider
doing to others face to face in a social setting. They flip the bird
when they get cut off, and then, they swerve with no blinkers in front
of a slow vehicle in the fast lane to get even. Again, that's not
how these people act when they get out of their automobiles. That's
not how they act to those they know, or have just met at the store. I
don't attack them at the filling station to get even. No harm, no
foul.

RAH is identical in almost every way except one: No structure, other
than the regular's sharp reprisals exist to put a wild driver into
question. When a Charlatan gets exposed, he usually fires a parting
shot and leaves. Or when a person has no depth of character, or
nothing memorable to say he usually seeks an anonymous cloak and
nit-picks the others about being off-topic, uncivil, or turns into a
spellchecker. :-( That's life on the freeway: you have great drivers
and then you have Helen Keller. Granted, in this analogy, BWB is
nothing less than the terminator in a runaway Peterbuilt. If we can
just re-program his prime directive, we would have one hell of a
writer on our hands again. Be patient. It's either that or we'll
just have to kill him. ;-) (mass injections of Muzzleloader come to
mind. But save some for me, I have yet to sample this fine sounding
cure-all.)

Now for my pet peeve about all of you: I do not accept the
on-topic/off-topic outlook many of you have for RAH. It is not a
place in cyberspace confined only to the demands of newbies that want
free homebuilding information. RAH is our home, and I consider all of
you my friends. I've been reading you for years and I feel as if I
know all of you. Yes even that "Alpha Hotel" I had to flame the other
day! :-# As long as RAH remains 100% unmoderated, I will enjoy it
and hang out here. :-)

Back to net-rage. On the real road, the state maintains a hugely
expensive police force to stop this behavior, but it doesn't put a
dent in the road rage problem. All it does is fill up donut shops
with cops who, understandably, don't want to deal with it.

We have a lot of road rage at RAH. With total freedom of expression
in play, and a large population of people driving around with fake
license plates, feathers are going to get ruffled. But tolerating a
bunch of Netcops in our presence is not the answer.

Instead of dictating or trying to change all of your behavior...
Maybe, if for example: I developed a little thicker skin when someone
said I was full of Methane, I could just accept him/her for what
she/he is: a ****ing moron... whoops: withdrawn! (hey, lawyers get
away with that!) strike that from the record; I meant: a different
mentally developed individual than myself. ;-)

Someone (perhaps a colleague,) once alluded that, my posts "didn't
ring true." If I'd of have a thicker skin, maybe I wouldn't have felt
compelled to flame his sorry ass to the ground... but boy, I must
confess, he deserved it and it sure felt Gooooood! I have since kinda
regretted it (But the ******* asked for it, right?) O.K, O.K. it was
wrong.

But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't
belong in the sky.

pacplyer - out

Pollster
August 5th 03, 08:01 PM
(pac plyer) wrote:

>Pac sez:

<snip>

RAH poll:

1) Do you give a flying f$$k what "pac sez"?

2) Do you suspect that "pac plyer" suffers the delusion that there are
large numbers of lurkers reading his every word?

3) Do you wish that "pac plyer" would stop taking posts out of
existing threads and posting them as new posts here?

4) Do you wish that "pac plyer" would disappear just as abruptly as he
(she, it) arrived?

nafod40
August 5th 03, 08:11 PM
Pollster wrote:

> (pac plyer) wrote:
>
>>Pac sez:
>
> <snip>
>
> RAH poll:
>
> 1) Do you give a flying f$$k what "pac sez"?

No

> 2) Do you suspect that "pac plyer" suffers the delusion that there are
> large numbers of lurkers reading his every word?

No delusion. Lurkers far outnumber posters.

> 3) Do you wish that "pac plyer" would stop taking posts out of
> existing threads and posting them as new posts here?

No. He's very entertaining.

> 4) Do you wish that "pac plyer" would disappear just as abruptly as he
> (she, it) arrived?

No. See answer to (3) above.

Pollster
August 7th 03, 06:57 PM
nafod40 > wrote:

>> 2) Do you suspect that "pac plyer" suffers the delusion that there are
>> large numbers of lurkers reading his every word?
>
>No delusion. Lurkers far outnumber posters.

The delusion would be that said lurkers are reading his every word.
Try to grab a few clews before posting.

>He's very entertaining.

Well, if self-aggrandizing BS that has nothing to do with experimental
aircraft is what floats your boat...

B2431
August 8th 03, 03:23 AM
>The delusion would be that said lurkers are reading his every word.
>Try to grab a few clews before posting.
>
>>He's very entertaining.
>
>Well, if self-aggrandizing BS that has nothing to do with experimental
>aircraft is what floats your boat...

A clew is a part of a sail.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Ed Wischmeyer
August 8th 03, 06:01 AM
> A clew is a part of a sail.

No luffing matter, at that. Yes, tacky, I know.

Ed Wischmeyer

Ron Wanttaja
August 8th 03, 07:04 AM
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:01:12 -0700, Ed Wischmeyer >
wrote:

>> A clew is a part of a sail.
>
>No luffing matter, at that. Yes, tacky, I know.

No sheet....

Ron Wanttaja

pac plyer
August 8th 03, 07:11 AM
Prankster > wrote

> The delusion would be that said lurkers are reading his every word.
> Try to grab a few clews before posting.
>
> >He's very entertaining.
>
> Well, if self-aggrandizing BS that has nothing to do with experimental
> aircraft is what floats your boat...

Pac sez:

Well "Pollster", you're slurking around reading me aren't you? :-D
Looks like you failed Logic 101 in night school and then dropped out
to become a ground-pounder. :-) I only need one fan, positive or
negative to encourage me. So just for you, I shall hereby double my
postings. Unless of course, a spineless, nameless, nutless shell of a
man(?) like you conjurs up the courage to post his real name here to
convince me otherwise.

But I wouldn't bet on anything concerning your character (didn't
surprise me to see you arguing with your own respondants.)

pacplyer :-D :-D :-D

To: All, (whoops, delutional)
To: "Pollster" & Mom looking over his shoulder, (since no one else is
reading this:)
After this post I vow never to wrestle with a pig again: because you
just get dirty, and after a while the pig begins to enjoy it! ;-)

Ed Wischmeyer
August 8th 03, 02:50 PM
> >> A clew is a part of a sail.
> >
> >No luffing matter, at that. Yes, tacky, I know.
>
> No sheet....
>
> Ron Wanttaja

that's a reach!!

Ed Wischmeyer

nafod40
August 8th 03, 08:35 PM
B2431 wrote:

>>> No sheet....
>>>
>>> Ron Wanttaja
>>
>>that's a reach!!
>>
>>Ed Wischmeyer
>>

> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
> tack.

Yes, I sea we've a mast a hull slew of puns. Sad.

Mike

B2431
August 8th 03, 08:53 PM

>>>that's a reach!!
>>>
>>>Ed Wischmeyer
>>>

>> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
>> tack.
>>

>Yes, I sea we've a mast a hull slew of puns. Sad.
>
>Mike

Buoy, have you got that right.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Morgans
August 8th 03, 10:50 PM
"B2431" > wrote in message

> >> No sheet....
> >>
> >> Ron Wanttaja
> >
> >that's a reach!!
> >
> >Ed Wischmeyer
> >

> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
tack.

> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

It't not too late to come about.

Things don't jibe with the original intent.

I better batten down the hatches, for the blow that will follow if we keep
this up. I sure don't want to get keel hauled!
--
Jim in NC--

B2431
August 8th 03, 11:19 PM

>> >that's a reach!!
>> >
>> >Ed Wischmeyer
>> >

>> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
>tack.
>>
>> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>
>It't not too late to come about.
>
>Things don't jibe with the original intent.
>
>I better batten down the hatches, for the blow that will follow if we keep
>this up. I sure don't want to get keel hauled!
>--
>Jim in NC--

We could spar over this for weeks.
How long before someone has the gull to ask us to stop?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Robert Bonomi
August 9th 03, 09:48 AM
In article >,
nafod40 > wrote:

>>>that's a reach!!
>>>
>>>Ed Wischmeyer
>>>

>> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
>> tack.
>>

>Yes, I sea we've a mast a hull slew of puns. Sad.

I know a straight _line_ when I see it.

I'll belaying it on the line, when I claim I've got a whole
raft of 'em, but I'll skiff launching into recitataions
for now, oar at least until somebody can ketch me in a lighter
mood.

Mark Hickey
August 9th 03, 11:36 PM
(B2431) wrote:

>>> I guess I should have known this would have sent this thread on a new
>>tack.
>>It't not too late to come about.
>>Things don't jibe with the original intent.
>>I better batten down the hatches, for the blow that will follow if we keep
>>this up. I sure don't want to get keel hauled!
>We could spar over this for weeks.
>How long before someone has the gull to ask us to stop?

Let's not keel this thing yet. No telling where it might head (a
double entendre' if ever there was one).

Mark Hickey

pac plyer
August 11th 03, 05:03 PM
Mark Hickey > wrote in message >...

> >>tack.
> >>It't not too late to come about.
> >>Things don't jibe with the original intent.
> >>I better batten down the hatches, for the blow that will follow if we keep
> >>this up. I sure don't want to get keel hauled!
> >We could spar over this for weeks.
> >How long before someone has the gull to ask us to stop?

Pac sezs:
O.K you Joke-Oars!

It's about time for me to cast a stern line towards you dinghys who
can't fathom a little off-topic spinnaker every now and then. I'm
just knot going to re-cleat myself again!
I'd rudder have a swell time than pass "Polsters" boat survey.
He's such a semen.

Trolling back out now,

pacplyer
(this thread's listing worse every day)

B2431
August 11th 03, 09:55 PM

>keep
>> >We could spar over this for weeks.
>> >How long before someone has the gull to ask us to stop?
>
>Pac sezs:
>O.K you Joke-Oars!
>
>It's about time for me to cast a stern line towards you dinghys who
>can't fathom a little off-topic spinnaker every now and then. I'm
>just knot going to re-cleat myself again!
>I'd rudder have a swell time than pass "Polsters" boat survey.
>He's such a semen.
>
>Trolling back out now,
>
>pacplyer
>(this thread's listing worse every day)

OK, enough, someone keel this thread already.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Morgans
August 11th 03, 10:07 PM
"B2431" > wrote in message

> >keep
> >
> >Pac sezs:
> >O.K you Joke-Oars!
> >
> >It's about time for me to cast a stern line towards you dinghys who
> >can't fathom a little off-topic spinnaker every now and then. I'm
> >just knot going to re-cleat myself again!
> >I'd rudder have a swell time than pass "Polsters" boat survey.
> >He's such a semen.
> >
> >Trolling back out now,
> >
> >pacplyer
> >(this thread's listing worse every day)
> >
> OK, enough, someone keel this thread already.
>
> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

It's been in irons, long enough now!
--
Jim in NC--

B2431
August 12th 03, 12:35 AM

>new
>> >keep
>> >
>> >Pac sezs:
>> >O.K you Joke-Oars!
>> >
>> >It's about time for me to cast a stern line towards you dinghys who
>> >can't fathom a little off-topic spinnaker every now and then. I'm
>> >just knot going to re-cleat myself again!
>> >I'd rudder have a swell time than pass "Polsters" boat survey.
>> >He's such a semen.
>> >
>> >Trolling back out now,
>> >
>> >pacplyer
>> >(this thread's listing worse every day)
>> >
>> OK, enough, someone keel this thread already.
>>
>> Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
>
>It's been in irons, long enough now!
>--
>Jim in NC--

Schooner or later someone's going to ask what some of these terms mean :)
Just for the halibut let's offer kelp to those who ask.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Google