PDA

View Full Version : Bill Aronson, 1932-2007, USA

CindyASK
February 23rd 07, 12:35 AM
Friends:

It is with regret that we note that Bill Aronson died in a Las Vegas
nursing home during the night of February 5th. Bill had suffered for
years from Parkinson's disease. Bill was a Schweizer glider dealer
and flight school operator as Aronson's Air Service. In his later
years he transitioned Rosamond Airport (KL00), California, into the
Rosamond Skypark. His years of service to aviation bridged categories
of aircraft and generations of pilots.

A memorial gathering to honor Bill and his life in aviation is set for
Saturday, March 3, 1:00 p.m., at John Manduca's hangar. Refreshments
and camaraderie will be featured. Attendee's are welcome to bring
hors d'oeuvers or a dessert to share, but it is not required.
Participants will be encouraged to help identify the persons and
aircraft in Bill's extensive collection of photographs, and to share
their reminiscences of flying at Rosamond with Bill.

A map to the location is provided at this link http://www.skypark.org/AronsonMem.htm

Cindy B

February 23rd 07, 06:04 PM
On Feb 22, 4:35 pm, "CindyASK" > wrote:
> Friends:
>
> It is with regret that we note that Bill Aronson died in a Las Vegas
> nursing home during the night of February 5th. Bill had suffered for
> years from Parkinson's disease. Bill was a Schweizer glider dealer
> and flight school operator as Aronson's Air Service. In his later
> years he transitioned Rosamond Airport (KL00), California, into the
> Rosamond Skypark. His years of service to aviation bridged categories
> of aircraft and generations of pilots.
>
> A memorial gathering to honor Bill and his life in aviation is set for
> Saturday, March 3, 1:00 p.m., at John Manduca's hangar. Refreshments
> and camaraderie will be featured. Attendee's are welcome to bring
> hors d'oeuvers or a dessert to share, but it is not required.
> Participants will be encouraged to help identify the persons and
> aircraft in Bill's extensive collection of photographs, and to share
> their reminiscences of flying at Rosamond with Bill.
>
> A map to the location is provided at this linkhttp://www.skypark.org/AronsonMem.htm
>
> Cindy B

Cindy, thank you for your post. Bill was a friend. He sold a new
Schweizer 2-32 to Hilton
early in the 70s. He was also one of the best aircraft painters on
earth. I'll be there.
Fred R.

February 24th 07, 02:50 AM
On Feb 22, 4:35 pm, "CindyASK" > wrote:
> Friends:
>
> It is with regret that we note that Bill Aronson died in a Las Vegas
> nursing home during the night of February 5th. Bill had suffered for
> years from Parkinson's disease. Bill was a Schweizer glider dealer
> and flight school operator as Aronson's Air Service. In his later
> years he transitioned Rosamond Airport (KL00), California, into the
> Rosamond Skypark. His years of service to aviation bridged categories
> of aircraft and generations of pilots.
>
> A memorial gathering to honor Bill and his life in aviation is set for
> Saturday, March 3, 1:00 p.m., at John Manduca's hangar. Refreshments
> and camaraderie will be featured. Attendee's are welcome to bring
> hors d'oeuvers or a dessert to share, but it is not required.
> Participants will be encouraged to help identify the persons and
> aircraft in Bill's extensive collection of photographs, and to share
> their reminiscences of flying at Rosamond with Bill.
>
> A map to the location is provided at this linkhttp://www.skypark.org/AronsonMem.htm
>
> Cindy B

One of the real gentlemen in the high desert. Thrilled to have known
him and his family.

Thank you for the post.

Michael

Google