PDA

View Full Version : for the luddites among us

Bill Daniels
February 26th 07, 07:39 PM
See:
http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Raptor+Gets+Zapped+by+International+ Date+Line/article6225.htm

Mike the Strike
February 26th 07, 09:46 PM
On Feb 26, 12:39 pm, "Bill Daniels" <bildan@comcast-dot-net> wrote:
> See:http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Raptor+Gets+Zapped+by+Internat...

If I'm not mistaken, this would not be the first time they have
screwed up aviation/spacecraft software.

Mike

Stefan
February 28th 07, 12:41 PM
Bill Daniels schrieb:
> http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Raptor+Gets+Zapped+by+International+ Date+Line/article6225.htm

Funny, but completely unrelated to soaring.

Andy[_1_]
February 28th 07, 01:48 PM
On Feb 28, 5:41 am, Stefan > wrote:

> Funny, but completely unrelated to soaring.

Well there is a tenuous link. Date/Time math errors have also been
seen in Soaring related software. At 2002 Region 9 contest both
Winscore and CAI 302 download utility barfed because the date rolled
from 5/31 to 6/1 during the flight log period. The Winscore problem
was fixed in time to score the day but the unfortunate 302 user (me)
didn't recover his log until 2 days later and got no score.

Andy

01-- Zero One
February 28th 07, 01:52 PM
"Stefan" > wrote in message
:

> Bill Daniels schrieb:
> > http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+Raptor+Gets+Zapped+by+International+ Date+Line/article6225.htm
>
> Funny, but completely unrelated to soaring.

Only because the glitches were not related to keeping the engines
running... :-)

Larry

"01" USA

Pete Brown
March 1st 07, 04:03 AM
It's unrelated until you are flying with someone whose GPS
cum glide computer frys and they have forgotten how to
navigate and calculate.

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/