PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics in Northern NJ

Andrew Gideon
October 20th 03, 09:55 PM
Going through the archive of this group, I see several posts about
aerobatics at Sussex. One mentions a place called Airbatix, while others
mention instructors by name.

But these posts weren't recent.

Is there any aerobatic training going on in Northern NJ now? I know about
Van Sant, but I'm wondering if there's something closer (I fly mostly out
of Caldwell).

Thanks. I just did the EMT with Rich Stowell, and I need to learn how to
get another fix.

- Andrew

Roy Smith
October 20th 03, 10:40 PM
In article ne.com>,
Andrew Gideon > wrote:

> Going through the archive of this group, I see several posts about
> aerobatics at Sussex. One mentions a place called Airbatix, while others
> mention instructors by name.
>
> But these posts weren't recent.

On the other hand, the Sussex web site does list a phone number for
"Aerobatic Instruction"...

http://216.86.49.175/fltschool.asp

A little Google goes a long way :-)

Tom Parsons
October 21st 03, 12:10 PM
Andrew/Roy-
>>Going through the archive of this group, I see several posts about
>>aerobatics at Sussex. One mentions a place called Airbatix, while others
>>mention instructors by name.
>>
>>But these posts weren't recent.
>
> On the other hand, the Sussex web site does list a phone number for
> "Aerobatic Instruction"...
>
> http://216.86.49.175/fltschool.asp

That page lists Angelo Cillaroto as the aerobatic instructor. I know
Angelo slightly. At one time he was giving aerobatic instruction in a
Pitts S-2B at Sussex, but he is no longer doing that. In fact, that
very S-2B is moving down to Monmouth Executive (BLM) today if the
weather cooperates.
Which leads me to mention this- there are a couple of people at BLM who
will do aerobatic instruction in the Pitts S-2B. It's more central NJ
than northern NJ, but not too terribly far from Caldwell.
The people I'm thinking of are Bill Green and Ron Chadwick. I'm not
sure whether they are officially "hanging out their shingle" offering
instruction to the public, but they are both accomplished Intermediate
level competition aerobatic pilots, and Ron has taught me quite a bit.
If you can contact me off-list (remove the "nospams" to get my e-mail
address), I can help you get in touch with them.

Tom P.

Google