PDA

View Full Version : K21, aerobatics and spinn weight

Bernt Hustad Hembre
March 13th 07, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find some information regarding flying
aerobatic with a K21 with the spinn weight attached.

The plot is to use a K-21 to fly the sportsman and
intermediate aerobatic programs issued by IAC. But
both of these programs include spinns.

Is it OK to fly a full aerobatic program with the K21
having the spinn weights attached to the tail boom?

I might be blind, but I could not find any information
regarding this topic in the flight manual. Did I miss
anything?

Best Regards
Bernt Hustad Hembre

5Z
March 14th 07, 01:21 AM
On Mar 13, 11:01 am, Bernt Hustad Hembre
> wrote:
> Is it OK to fly a full aerobatic program with the K21
> having the spinn weights attached to the tail boom?

Not according to the addendum page for flying with spin weights - only
spins are allowed.

You may want to contact Schleicher for the proper guidance on this.

-Tom

Stefan
March 14th 07, 08:56 AM
5Z schrieb:

>> Is it OK to fly a full aerobatic program with the K21
>> having the spinn weights attached to the tail boom?

> Not according to the addendum page for flying with spin weights - only
> spins are allowed.

I've seen both: One Handbook forbids aerobatics with tail weight (which
makes absolutely no sense), the other allows it (or rather just doesn't
mention it.) Many people do it.

> You may want to contact Schleicher for the proper guidance on this.

This is never a bad idea.

Google