PDA

View Full Version : Bungey Launching

Chris Ellis
March 17th 07, 07:33 AM
The Midland Gliding Club (UK) still launches, when
conditions are suitable, by catapulting gliders from
our west facing ridge.

Are we the only dinosaurs left on the planet?

We are curious to find out if any other clubs still
have this facility, how often it is used and when was
the last time.

More information www.longmynd.com

Chris

Maciek
March 17th 07, 08:54 AM
Bezmiechowa (Poland). They still use Bungey Launching, and when the
conditions are right, they use gravity launch ( they simply pull the glider
down the hill and after a few meters it takes off). And they do it realy
often.
Maciek

Adam
March 19th 07, 01:48 AM
Have a look at Ålleborg in Sweden - pictures under "Ålleborg maj 2006"
and "startbryggan" on the pull-down menu.

http://www.svs-se.org/

They rebuilt the start platform in 2002 and actively bungie launch
today.

/Adam

On Mar 17, 1:33 am, Chris Ellis <REMOVE_TO_REPLY.chrisel...@micro-plus-
web.net> wrote:
> The Midland Gliding Club (UK) still launches, when
> conditions are suitable, by catapulting gliders from
> our west facing ridge.
>
> Are we the only dinosaurs left on the planet?
>
> We are curious to find out if any other clubs still
> have this facility, how often it is used and when was
> the last time.
>
> More informationwww.longmynd.com
>
> Chris

Google