PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of or seen One Six Right, aviation movie?

AviatorJen
March 19th 07, 11:48 PM
Has anyone heard of or seen the general aviation movie One Six Right?

My classmates won't stop talking about it and I don't know where to
look.

Has anyone seen it or heard of it?

Thanx!

Jen
Student Pilot

Jeremy Zawodny
March 20th 07, 12:06 AM
AviatorJen wrote:
> Has anyone heard of or seen the general aviation movie One Six Right?
>
> My classmates won't stop talking about it and I don't know where to
> look.
>
> Has anyone seen it or heard of it?

Sure, I even own the DVD.

http://www.onesixright.com/

Jeremy

01-- Zero One
March 20th 07, 12:11 AM
www.onesixright.com <http://www.onesixright.com/>

Very good movie.

Larry

"zero one"

"AviatorJen" > wrote in message
ups.com:

> Has anyone heard of or seen the general aviation movie One Six Right?
>
> My classmates won't stop talking about it and I don't know where to
> look.
>
> Has anyone seen it or heard of it?
>
> Thanx!
>
> Jen
> Student Pilot

Ray Lovinggood
March 20th 07, 12:42 AM
I also own a copy of the DVD. Good film. Granted,
it isn't 'A Fine Week of Soaring', but it's a good
video for any pilot's collection.

(In reference to 'A Fine Week of Soaring', the 'One
Six Right' is about General Aviation airplanes and
not gliders. I much prefer gliders.)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

>> Has anyone seen it or heard of it?
>>
>> Thanx!
>>
>> Jen
>> Student Pilot

Tony Verhulst
March 20th 07, 12:47 AM
01-- Zero One wrote:
> www.onesixright.com <http://www.onesixright.com/>
>
> Very good movie
Yeah, but I'll take "A Fine Week Of Soaring" any day! :-)

Tony V.

Ray Lovinggood
March 20th 07, 01:04 AM
I also own a copy of the DVD. Good film. Granted,
it isn't 'A Fine Week of Soaring', but it's a good
video for any pilot's collection.

(In reference to 'A Fine Week of Soaring', the 'One
Six Right' is about General Aviation airplanes and
not gliders. I much prefer gliders.)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

>> Has anyone seen it or heard of it?
>>
>> Thanx!
>>
>> Jen
>> Student Pilot

Tony Verhulst
March 20th 07, 01:17 AM

Tony Verhulst wrote:
> Yeah, but I'll take "A Fine Week Of Soaring" any day! :-)

I Guess that "A Fine Week Of Soaring" is the benchmark. Nice job, Juan.

Tony V

01-- Zero One
March 20th 07, 02:41 AM
"Tony Verhulst" > wrote in message
:

> 01-- Zero One wrote:
> > www.onesixright.com <http://www.onesixright.com/>
> >
> > Very good movie
> Yeah, but I'll take "A Fine Week Of Soaring" any day! :-)
>
> Tony V.

Couldn't agree more, Tony... Just answering his question.

Larry

March 21st 07, 07:41 PM
> > 01-- Zero One wrote:
> > >www.onesixright.com<http://www.onesixright.com/>
>
> > > Very good movie
> > Yeah, but I'll take "A Fine Week Of Soaring" any day! :-)

I caught the film One Six Right on the Discovery Channel. Pretty neat
and I don't even fly powered aircraft. I grew up under the approach to
16 in Van Nuys, California. 1957 to about 1968. I think that is how my
aviation interest got started.

"Windborn" is another good soaring flick. But has anyone seen the
newer "Gladiators of the Sky"?
I found a trailer for it, looks very interesting:

http://www.segelfliegen-magazin.de/seite12shop_poster/seite12shop_DVD.html#

Craig L.

Bruce
March 22nd 07, 09:56 AM
Tony Verhulst wrote:
> Ray Lovinggood wrote:
>
>> I also own a copy of the DVD. Good film. Granted,
>> it isn't 'A Fine Week of Soaring',
>

> Tony Verhulst wrote:
> > Yeah, but I'll take "A Fine Week Of Soaring" any day! :-)
>
> I Guess that "A Fine Week Of Soaring" is the benchmark. Nice job, Juan.
>
> Tony V

Disagree there - the Gladiators of the Sky DVD is better. (I own both)
Jaun did a great job on Fine week of Soaring, and for a novice/early contest
pilot there is much to learn about decision making. The ridge shots are
impressive, and as a flatland thermal pilot I still continuously am amazed at
the flying. It shows the social side nicely too.

BUT - the budget shows on Gladiators, and if you want to introduce the concept
of glider flying to people it does a better job. I have watched the level of
sustained interest and excitement and gladiators does it for both the
uninformed, and the glider pilots.

Google