PDA

View Full Version : Tie down sleve for Ventur 2

dick
March 23rd 07, 02:21 PM
I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
where I might get one? Dick

Bob Kuykendall
March 23rd 07, 03:21 PM
On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "dick" > wrote:
> I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
> where I might get one? Dick

What's a "sleve?"

Bob K.

bumper
March 23rd 07, 04:38 PM
"Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "dick" > wrote:
>> I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
>> where I might get one? Dick
>
> What's a "sleve?"
>
> Bob K.

Maybe he meant a tie down "wing slave"? Wing slaves can be handy to have
around sometimes. Similar to hangar wenches.

bumper

Vic7
March 23rd 07, 07:04 PM
I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
where I might get one? Dick

I made a pair from carpet scraps. Stitch some rough, durable fabric to the backing of the carpet on two sides only, leaving a path to run a rope through the opening. Lay the soft side of the carpet against your wing and pull the rope through the openings and secure to a stake or tie down ring. I've used these to tie down on the ramp when I take my plane on the road.

Good luck.

V7

Eric Greenwell
March 24th 07, 01:19 AM
bumper wrote:
> "Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "dick" > wrote:
>>> I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
>>> where I might get one? Dick
>> What's a "sleve?"
>>
>> Bob K.
>>

> Maybe he meant a tie down "wing slave"? Wing slaves can be handy to have
> around sometimes. Similar to hangar wenches.

You can use a wench in a hangar? I thought you needed a long airfield to
use a wench.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Wayne Paul
March 24th 07, 02:19 AM
"Eric Greenwell" > wrote in message
> bumper wrote:
>> "Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message Maybe he meant a
>> tie down "wing slave"? Wing slaves can be handy to have around sometimes.
>> Similar to hangar wenches.
>
> You can use a wench in a hangar? I thought you needed a long airfield to
> use a wench.

Eric,

There is a big difference between a hangar wench and a runway winch.

Wayne

Wayne Paul
March 24th 07, 02:20 AM
"Eric Greenwell" > wrote in message
> bumper wrote:
>> "Bob Kuykendall" > wrote in message Maybe he meant a
>> tie down "wing slave"? Wing slaves can be handy to have around sometimes.
>> Similar to hangar wenches.
>
> You can use a wench in a hangar? I thought you needed a long airfield to
> use a wench.

Eric,

There is a big difference between a hangar wench and a runway winch.

Wayne

raulb
March 24th 07, 02:30 PM
On Mar 23, 6:21 am, "dick" > wrote:
> I need a tie down wing sleve for my Ventus 2. Can anyone tell me
> where I might get one? Dick

I use back belts.

My LS-1 has no tiedown holes in the tips and someone had mentioned
making some sleeves. Well, one day I was walking thru a hardware
store and saw these belts. Padded. Velcro closure that overlaps a
lot meant that they would stay secure (or I can stitch them for added
insurance). I added a motorcycle tiedown loop to pass the rope thru
and had some firstrate sleeves. Ten bucks each. Work great and when
they wear out, only ten bucks more!

You can see my sleeves on my part of the website at <http://
www.greenbullfrog.com/flight/gallery/albums.php>
Click on either the blue box that says "N292XA (F-CDVP)" or on the
picture next to it.

Google